2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 14.0

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS TIME

Here's hoping we've got some entertainment ahead of us today. It's been fun!

Considering I was beyond wasted last night for my birthday, woke up 5:30 AM to work a 9 hour shift.. I still could barely sleep and am up 2 hours before I wanted to be.

This is christmas. This is where I get my birthday presents.

And I'm sending my gift back if it is Petan. Culture change guys, c'mon.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
If the Habs moving up between 14th to 19th, there's my list:

1-Max Domi
2-Bo Horvat
3-Alexander Wenneberg
4-Hunter Shinkaruk
5-Curtis Lazar
6- Samuel Morin
7- Rasmus Ristoläinen

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I have this real unsettled feeling. TT saying skating can be improved on ( Habs history of 1st round busts due to lack of skating shows otherwise ) and character more important, that we are drafting a goalie ( that's fine, but how high, hope no higher than 55th, but prefer 3rd round and later ), is our BPA approach going to result in talented but small picks when so many big skilled guys around ? Okay, just pre-draft jitters, TT and MB will come through for us, though TTs comment on skating isn't good to me.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Let just start this....geez. So many posts, so many threads, and yet in 7 hours it's all gone. We are maniacs indeed but we LOVE IT!!!! :yo:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I have this real unsettled feeling. TT saying skating can be improved on ( Habs history of 1st round busts due to lack of skating shows otherwise ) and character more important, that we are drafting a goalie ( that's fine, but how high, hope no higher than 55th, but prefer 3rd round and later ), is our BPA approach going to result in talented but small picks when so many big skilled guys around ? Okay, just pre-draft jitters, TT and MB will come through for us, though TTs comment on skating isn't good to me.

They've already talked about how the only way to get bigger forwards who can play is through the draft. It's hard to get big bodied scorers unless you prey on a team like Philly who are so fickle that they deal JVR for Schenn :laugh:

I fully expect them to take a chance on some big body guys who can play and I don't think they are going to worry if they are elite skaters. As long as they are able to get into the play and establish a forecheck, we will be fine and I still expect with so many picks that Timmins will take some skilled guys regardless of size as long as they have jam.

One thing is for sure.. you can be big with soft hands and adequate feet. You can't be small with soft hands and adequate feet unless you have a compete level like Gallagher. Petan is made to look better than he is due to linemates and being deadly on the PP.

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Oh god, lol, that Eklund is saying the habs are pushing hardest for Letang. Take that one with a grain of salt I hope.

dreamingofdrouin*

omg...i want horvat more than morin now....but i really want both.....:rant:

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
More like a salt truck. Le tang is a poor fit for the Habs.

I don't see who is going to give him the kind of money he is seeking. He's not a do it all like Weber or Suter if you ask me. He's kinda almost offense or nothing.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I don't see who is going to give him the kind of money he is seeking. He's not a do it all like Weber or Suter if you ask me. He's kinda almost offense or nothing.

He's not bad defensively, just average...however, with Subban already here it makes no sense to trade 3 assets PLUS give him 7.5 mil/year to come to Montreal. Probably just the Eklund hype machine.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
25 Zykov
34 Dauphin
36 Santini

Zykov is the top-6 winger with size, drive and a goal-scorer's touch. Santini is a big format, highly physical shut-down D who plays the right-side. With Tinordi, this gives the Habs a huge physical presence on both sides off the ice. Dauphin is pure skill. Not a bulky guy but has no hesitation in cutting to the net. A home run swing.

Size, skill, gamers. I'd be over the moon.

Last edited:

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
He's not bad defensively, just average...however, with Subban already here it makes no sense to trade 3 assets PLUS give him 7.5 mil/year to come to Montreal. Probably just the Eklund hype machine.

Not saying he's bad defensively he's just not the complete package to be worth that kind of money if you ask me. I've got pretty strong feelings that you pull him out from under Sid and Malkin and he's not even the same player. He will still scoer but I just don't think at that level. To me Subban is the better player...

Anyways let's get back to the talk of the day. 7 hours till show time.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
They've already talked about how the only way to get bigger forwards who can play is through the draft. It's hard to get big bodied scorers unless you prey on a team like Philly who are so fickle that they deal JVR for Schenn :laugh:

I fully expect them to take a chance on some big body guys who can play and I don't think they are going to worry if they are elite skaters. As long as they are able to get into the play and establish a forecheck, we will be fine and I still expect with so many picks that Timmins will take some skilled guys regardless of size as long as they have jam.

One thing is for sure.. you can be big with soft hands and adequate feet. You can't be small with soft hands and adequate feet unless you have a compete level like Gallagher. Petan is made to look better than he is due to linemates and being deadly on the PP.

Really hope so, Im sure you are right. There are so many good sized guys available who are good skaters and have skill and toughness that we should get a few to size up and toughen up the prospect pool.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
25 Zykov
34 Dauphin
36 Santini

Zykov is the top-6 winger with size, drive and a goal-scorer's touch. Santini is a big format, highly physical shut-down D who plays the right-side. With Tinordi, this gives the Habs a huge physical presence on both sides off the ice. Dauphin is pure skill. Not a bulky guy but has no hesitation in cutting to the net. A home run swing.

Size, skill, gamers. I'd be over the moon.

Heatherington is a right hand shot also, why do you prefer Santini ?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Oh god, lol, that Eklund is saying the habs are pushing hardest for Letang. Take that one with a grain of salt I hope.

More like a few grains of cyanide if that was ever true, just too many assets that would have to be given up, and I want our picks.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Considering I was beyond wasted last night for my birthday, woke up 5:30 AM to work a 9 hour shift.. I still could barely sleep and am up 2 hours before I wanted to be.

This is christmas. This is where I get my birthday presents.

And I'm sending my gift back if it is Petan. Culture change guys, c'mon.

Late happy birthday bro. May your after-birthday be better!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad