2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 14.0

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
3 minutes per pick....wonder what it will do to the number of trades based on who was picked or are still available.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
From the Dept. of Annoyance: The Flyers infatuation with the Q.

Now, there's no real connection here but Bobby Clarke hated the Habs.

Not sure if he has a role there anymore even, but Q stars ending up as Flyers
bugs the H out of me.

It's like Subban to Boston last year, but an annual annoyance.

End of obscure rant.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
By the way, I,m making an adjustment on my list....ADAM TAMBELLINI needs to be picked in the 2nd round. This kid will be top 5 in sleeper mode this year.

I'm even thinking with our first 2 picks.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I have not missed watching a draft since 1995. This is always a fun day for me except in 99 when we had no pick and when we traded for Tanguay.
I am of course...pumped up!
Here is what I am thinking and hoping. TT says there is not much difference from 20-40, that means we are slated for three late first round picks.
Morin will be gone no doubt. Horvath and Mantha as well. I try and look at what players have steadily improved...a player Like Lazar could be had at. 25. Poirier is a must draft as is Dauphin. Two kids over 6' and seem to possess the qualities beyond just skating abilities. I also like Bailey, if you have been following this thread and doing a bit of research, Bailey has to catch your attention. Baptiste, Diaby and Carrier as well!
Not a fan of Erne. Strikes me as an attitude issue with him, I could be way off. Heading to the gym, work out hard so I can get ready to tach this fun event!

Last edited:

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
By the way, I,m making an adjustment on my list....ADAM TAMBELLINI needs to be picked in the 2nd round. This kid will be top 5 in sleeper mode this year.

I'm even thinking with our first 2 picks.

Ok what happened last night that you arent telling us........Sleep with his mother or something :laugh:

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
3 minutes per pick....wonder what it will do to the number of trades based on who was picked or are still available.

Tentative agreements would have to be reached ahead of time I would think. If Bergevin was seriously exploring trade possiblities with other GMs (and I'm sure he was) I doubt if Bergevin got much sleep last night. Poor guy must feel like he's "been rode hard and put away wet" by now. :laugh:

I'm sure he'll do a great job. I have a lot of confidence in the guy. Seems like a shrewd GM who has a firm grip on asset valuation.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There's actually only 2 guys I want to be picked before we pick. Mantha and Fucale. Don't want to not take Mantha and then to see coming back to bite us. And just don't want Fucale as soon as in the 1st round or even with our high 2nd rounders.

We agree there on both counts.

MAG tweeted earlier today that OTT is seriously considering Mantha at 17.

LOOOOOL please yes.

Gare Joyce
@GareJoyceNHL

F Gauthier is the 1 guy who is too far down in most mock drafts than I think he should be (based on talks w scouts). Lot put FG in top 10

I hope so. Gauthier and Mantha off the board? I'd be breathing a sigh of relief.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I said it myself many times. We all know the story, he didn't pan out but he was probably the most skilled. See Nichuskin.

That is an enormous stretch to call Andrei MORE talented than Vanek, Getzlaf, Carter, Parise, Zherdev, Perry etc.

Woodlief is terrible and I have very little respect for his opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->