2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 14.0

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Only 15 more hours! So exciting.

I'm going to predict we take him at some point on Sunday. It fits the ''teammate of one of our prospects'' criteria that Timmins seemingly gravitates towards once a draft. Played with Gally in 2011-12.

This would make me incredibly happy.

Habssupporter

Jan 20, 2010
It's not so much that I dislike him, what I dislike is the other players we would be not drafting because we drafted Lazar. I just feel there are better players that are a better fit for the team going forward. Guys similar to Lazar are available later in the draft. We need impact players not a mid sized grinder with offensive upside.

Oh i don't agree with you here. I have to say i really like Lazar especially the grinding part to his game. People say because of that he is at worst a third liner and i agree but i see a lot more upside to this guy than that.

Is easy to look at the stats and say he didn't even get a PPG in the juniors so he must have limited offensive potential and at the beginning of the year people were right to bash on him for that as he had one of the slooowest beginning of seasons between the prospects that should go in the first round. IM talking in term of production here. IIRC he had something like 3 points in his first 11 games or something along those lines.

But after getting a couple of games under his belt, his production started to improve and the guy still finished with 38 goals!!

What i'm trying to say is i don't really think you can find those players in later rounds that have the level of talent he has with his competitiveness and with a good mix of grit. He is a player I think the habs badly need!

Habssupporter

Jan 20, 2010
I don't feel like reading through the thread right now, but let's say the Top-10 in this list are off target;
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9420

Who are the top-3 on your list?

I'll bite...I'd go

1. Shinkaruk (Can't see him not be a top6 player, real offensive winger)
2. Probably Horvat here. Very polished player. Plays hard and can do it all.
3. Either Lazar/Zadorov here.

Wennberg would also be in the conversation.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
I will miss the draft tomorrow, I need an IPHONE APP that sends me every pick, especially the first round, please?

Saintpatrick*

It will seem so long until we pick. Unless we trade up that is.

KareyPrice

Jun 7, 2010
Totally forgot Subban is in this draft, and I haven't been reading much on the draft but are the Habs pretty much going to take him with the 34th or 36th pick do you think?

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Totally forgot Subban is in this draft, and I haven't been reading much on the draft but are the Habs pretty much going to take him with the 34th or 36th pick do you think?

I wouldn't pick him before the 3rd round, and there the Habs should take the best available goalie with their first one.

Blob Buster

Mar 8, 2002
Montreal, PQ
Finally completed my mock draft, I know I put some picks that are a little 'out there', but oh well, we're gonna be surprised by some picks anyway tomorrow, so might as well try some thing instead of posting a consensus list analog.

1- Colorado Avalanche : Nathan MacKinnon
2- Florida Panthers : Seth Jones
3- Tampa Bay Lightning : Jonathan Drouin
4- Nashville Predators : Alexander Barkov
5- Carolina Hurricanes : Sean Monahan
6- Calgary Flames : Elias Lindholm
7- Edmonton Oilers : Darnell Nurse
8- Buffalo Sabres : Bo Horvat
9- New Jersey Devils: Zachary Fucale
10- Dallas Stars: Curtis Lazar
11- Philadelphia Flyers: Frederik Gauthier
12- * Coyotes : Valery Nichushkin
13- Winnipeg Jets: Max Domi
14- Colombus Blue Jackets: Alexander Wennberg
15- New York Islanders: Nikita Zadorov
16- Buffalo Sabres (from Minn) : Rasmus Ristolainen
17- Ottawa Senators: Samuel Morin
18- Detroit Red Wings : Valentin Zykov
19- Colombus Blue Jackets (from NYR): Anthony Mantha
20- San Jose Sharks: Ryan Pulock
21- Toronto Maple Leafs: Hunter Shinkaruk
22- Calgary Flames (from STL): Steve Santini
23- Washington Capitals: Kerby Rychel
24- Vancouvers Canucks: Michael McCaron
25- Montreal Canadiens: Émile Poirier
26- Anaheim Ducks : Mirco Mueller
27- Colombus Blue Jackets (from LAK): Josh Morrissey
28- Calgary Flames (from PIT): Adam Erne
29- Dallas Stars (from BOS): Laurent Dauphin
30- Chicago Blackhawks: Madison Bowey
31- Florida Panthers: Nic Petan
32- Colorado Avalanche: JT Compher
33- Tampa Bay Lightning: Robert Hagg
34- Montreal Canadiens (from NSH): Dillon Heatherington
35- Carolina Hurricanes: Andre Burakovsky
36- Montreal Canadiens (from CAL): Justin Bailey

Blob Buster

Mar 8, 2002
Montreal, PQ
Concerning Subban,

you have to figure somebody else will take a risk before us. Wouldn't mind him starting at 71, but even there, there would be some players I'd take before him.

Blob Buster

Mar 8, 2002
Montreal, PQ
Hartman. He loves to play the physical game, has good offensive instincts, and is also a exemplary defensive player. Everyone on this board loves guy who bring it every single shift and are skilled too, like Gallagher. Hartman is like that. Rychel isn't. Rychel's a terrific goal scorer, who undoubtedly has more upside, but he's one-dimensional. He rarely backchecks and in my opinion his physical game has become overstated here.

On a side note I'm really shocked that Jackson Houck doesn't get more love around here. Good upside and gives it his all every shift. The leading scorer of the Vancouver Giants this year. He's a very skilled player and he has a non-stop motor and plays much bigger than he is.

Would really like us to pick Houck too, either at 71 or 86 (or even 116, although I doubt he's still there).

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
If Petan is there at #34 i do not hesitate one second to grab him...just too much talent to pass up.

I also think we should take the risk and pick him up at 34. Talent wise, he should be in the 1st round. It just too bad that he is so small.

Blob Buster

Mar 8, 2002
Montreal, PQ
I also think we should take the risk and pick him up at 34. Talent wise, he should be in the 1st round. It just too bad that he is so small.

I'm all for it, but it would be nice if either at 25 or 36 we pick at least one bigger body. You wouldn't want to come out of it with (as an example) Klimchuk, Morrissey and Petan. (well, in term of talent, it would be pretty nice, but the MOAR BIG crowd would go *******)

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I'm all for it, but it would be nice if either at 25 or 36 we pick at least one bigger body. You wouldn't want to come out of it with (as an example) Klimchuk, Morrissey and Petan. (well, in term of talent, it would be pretty nice, but the MOAR BIG crowd would go *******)

You forgot about Jordan Subban. Imagine if we pick him up too.

Blob Buster

Mar 8, 2002
Montreal, PQ
You forgot about Jordan Subban. Imagine if we pick him up too.

Yeah, well, it's all a balance. If we take Rychel, McCarron and Petan with the first three, then Diaby, Elie and Subban, I'm pretty sure they won't complain too much. They just want at least 3 bigs guys out of the first 6.

(thinking about it, that wouldn't be a bad draft at all IMO)

Habssupporter

Jan 20, 2010

Agreed!

Id be estatic if we traded up from 25 to 19 using #55 and picked

#19 Lazar - i reaaaally hope he's still on the board i feel hes exactly the type of player we need/want going forward.
#34 nic petan - can't pass this much talent...he could make a lot of GM regret not to pick him
#36 at this pick i feel a couple of bigger bodies could still be available and wouldn't mind taking one!

Sucks not to land dauphin or poirier but i feel at least one goest between our first and second pick maybe both and i still prefer petan to them.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS TIME

Here's hoping we've got some entertainment ahead of us today. It's been fun!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad