Injury Report: 2013 Injuries: Ohlund (IR)

KeziaTML

Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
Vinny out indefinitely

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO

Vinny Lecavalier listed by team as out indefinitely with a lower body injury

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO
With team already saying Lecavalier expected to go on injured reserve, that's not a good sign for a quick recovery: IR = minimum 7 days
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=660164&navid=DL|TBL|home
The injury, head coach Guy Boucher said, is unrelated to a previous incident in February in which he was inadvertently struck in the foot by a hard slap shot from teammate Sami Salo.

Rather, this injury, Boucher confirmed, occurred on Tuesday night against the Panthers in Sunrise, where in the third period Lecavalier was knocked down near the net and skated off to the bench hunched over, appearing to be in pain.

As mentioned, there is no specific timetable for Lecavalier's return, but general manager Steve Yzerman said he did expect the Bolts captain to be out for more than seven days. The good news, however, is that Yzerman said Lecavalier would not require surgery.

Last edited:

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Maybe this puts to bed the on going trade rumors once and for all. Besides the no movement clause, the contract and now officially "injury prone" after the last several years he ain't going anywhere.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Maybe this puts to bed the on going trade rumors once and for all. Besides the no movement clause, the contract and now officially "injury prone" after the last several years he ain't going anywhere.

This is HFBoards. You think this will honestly shut up any of the rumours? Ye have great faith, good sir.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Heal fast Vinny. He hasnt looked right since the slapshot to the leg. Hopefully this stint on IR can let that, and this new injury heal. When he is right, this team is simply in a better place.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Sure, he gets that paycheck. But from a hockey player's perspective it has to be frustrating. Everytime he's finally healthy a couple of games later he gets injured again.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Obviously there have been other factors for the slide, but the season started going downhill when he took that slapshot off his foot from Salo at the end of the Rangers game.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www2.tbo.com/sports/lightnin...660038/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
LW Benoit Pouliot, who has been out since March 2 with an undisclosed injury to his right arm or shoulder, has been skating with a red non-contact jersey during practice but is not ready to return.

"I feel good. There are still some things that are tough to do,'' he said. "Personally I think I need more days for sure before getting back. There is still too much stuff that restricts me in what I'm doing, and it's not going to be good if I damage it even more, so I don't want to do that.''
Yzerman said it's reasonable that C Vinny Lecavalier (lower body) would be out three weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad