Injury Report: 2013 Injuries: Ohlund (IR)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 25 s
Steven Stamkos just left the ice groaning in some pain w/ head medical trainer Tom Mulligan; didn't see what happened, will know more soon

Oh my..¨¨

edit. seems like false alarm.

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 58 s
Stamkos just returned to the bench, and back on the ice sharing a laugh with BJ Crombeen as Cooper addresses the team at center ice

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Faking an injury is not funny, even in April's fools day. I almost got a heart attack. Not to sound like I am happy of Crosby's injury (I am not), but Stammer has chance at winning what may be his first and only Art Ross.

Same thing here.

But Erik tweeted that he may have been hit with puck or something like that.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
The Crunch Twitter just said they expect a player to be sent down today but they don't know who yet.

It's either Sustr or one of the guys on the sideline are ready to come back.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Vinny's skating per DC

Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes 3m
Lecavalier (broken left foot) skating with Lightning this morning with red no-contact jersey.

And more updates:

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 3m
Lecavalier won't play tonight, but may play Thursday in Carolina, Garin in goal tonight

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/lightning-notes-injured-d-hedman-close-to-return-b82476976z1
Hedman also will miss Thursday’s home game against Pittsburgh, but a return to the lineup by the weekend has not been ruled out. He could play Saturday at Washington, the first game of a four-game road trip.

“I really want to play and I’ll do whatever it takes to win, but if I’m not 100 percent, or at least 90 percent, I would do more harm than good for the team on the ice,’’ Hedman said. “I need to be game ready. I’m not tonight, so I won’t play.’’

Off Center

Jun 9, 2009
I wish every player had that mentality. I love Vinny, and I appreciate that he was trying to play through the injury for the team, but at some point it's more harm than good. Plus you're delaying your recovery time by forcing yourself into the game when you aren't ready.

vinny's between a rock and a hard place with fans. if he plays hurt, people call him a liability. if he takes more time to get to 100%, it's taken as evidence of his lack of heart\leadership

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
vinny's between a rock and a hard place with fans. if he plays hurt, people call him a liability. if he takes more time to get to 100%, it's taken as evidence of his lack of heart\leadership

That is 100% not true, for me at least. I admire Vinny for all he's done for the organization and community, I just hate when any player continues to play when injured with something that severely limits their ability to perform. I view Hedman as one of the leaders on the team, and I like that he took the extra few days off to get back to 100% instead of rushing back and playing below his standard of play/risking exacerbating his injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad