Prospect Info: 2013 Draft Thread: "Lindholm Syndrome"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Here's an alarming stat about Lindholm though - there's a definite possibility he may not make it as a C in the NHL:

If I'm the Oilers I'm pushing hard for that CAR #5 pick. Monahan is the real deal IMO.

If he's gone at 7 then I'm trading down to grab Horvat/Lazar.

Lindholm is a center, he will not play on the wing in the NHL, thats like having Backstrom on the wing. His team wanted him in the top 6, there were already two center-only guys there

The Perfect Human*

More a case of the set up of the Brynäs squad, him having chemistry with Järnkrok and Järnkrok being older and more experienced. Seniority is a big deal in the SEL. Actually imho if anything I think playing wing set back his production.
You have to remember he played in a mens league that's arguably the third best in the world on a team that completely collapsed in the second half of the season. Ofc I'm biased but I'm very impressed with this kid, feels like the first real top forward to come out of Sweden since Zetterberg.
And no I haven't forgot about Bäckström, just not a fan, I've never liked players who folds when the games start to matter.

Sorry, I just had to :handclap:. I'm a big Backstrom fan though.

Lindholm definitely has all-world skill - and hopefully gets some reps at C next year with Brynas.

It's just nearly imperative the Oilers take a C in this draft - especially if they're set on taking a forward. Anything else would be pointless.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Sometimes people just need to feel like they are the only ones who know. There are soccer moms in every school who love to take up a cause as well.

I hope the Oiler take Lazar and he wins us a Stanley Cup. The End.

The Perfect Human*

Sometimes people just need to feel like they are the only ones who know. There are soccer moms in every school who love to take up a cause as well.

I hope the Oiler take Lazar and he wins us a Stanley Cup. The End.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: That was awesome.

Also reminds me of my anti-Hall phase :help:

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
More a case of the set up of the Brynäs squad, him having chemistry with Järnkrok and Järnkrok being older and more experienced. Seniority is a big deal in the SEL. Actually imho if anything I think playing wing set back his production.
You have to remember he played in a mens league that's arguably the third best in the world on a team that completely collapsed in the second half of the season. Ofc I'm biased but I'm very impressed with this kid, feels like the first real top forward to come out of Sweden since Zetterberg.
And no I haven't forgot about Bäckström, just not a fan, I've never liked players who folds when the games start to matter.

A lot of centers break into the NHL playing the wing at first as well. It's only a concern if they plan to keep him as a winger. I mean, he played center during international competitions this year, correct? Is it really that surprising that he was eased into a mens league (SEL) on the wing? :dunno:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Did you?

Dont let that stop you from disparaging Lazar over another player you havent seen though.

Actually, I can agree with much of what you have been saying, but this is one part of your argument that I don't like.

Since you have seen Lazar so many times and love the player,(Which I do as well, except I like others more), then the lack of viewings of the other players to make an honest comparison skews your view. Is that a fair assessment?

And I am not saying that Lazar is a scrub. I used Dave Bolland as an example before, but I am better saying a good 2nd line C. (Brandon Dubinsky?) The other players in the top 7 I have seem to me as a better chance at elite talent.

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011

Lindholm definitely has all-world skill - and hopefully gets some reps at C next year with Brynas.

It's just nearly imperative the Oilers take a C in this draft - especially if they're set on taking a forward. Anything else would be pointless.

They wanted Lindholm to play with Järnkrok. He will get to play C this year in Brynäs.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
IATL, I can respect you for saying that you want us to have as informed opinions as we can. I respect that you go to EOK games and watch other games online.

I'm still not sure why we should value your opinion over the scouting reports from the people who are paid to do this. No offence.

If 99 experts said that MacKinnon was better than Drouin, but 1 expert picked the opposite, and said he's watched more than any of the other scouts, trust him, I wouldn't.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Car Tester A drives 47 different cars for one week and creates a ranking, giving a breakdown of the cars
Car Tester B drives 35 different cars for 10 days and creates a ranking, giving a breakdown of the cars.

Car Tester C drives 1 car for a year and gives no ranking but says that this car is awesome and everyone should drive it despite what the other car testers are telling you that there might be better ones out there.

The Perfect Human*

They wanted Lindholm to play with Järnkrok. He will get to play C this year in Brynäs.

Does this mean Jarnkrok is coming to North America? Excited to see what he does.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Hey does anybody know what happened to Matt Bugg?

He use to post here but haven't seen him post anything in ages. Is he still at Dobber?

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011

I think it's a good chance he's their #1C next season so I'm not too worried.

On Bäckström, I agree he's a very skilled player and he should use that wrister more but a lot of the time it seems he can't keep up when the pace of the game goes up. When the puck is on his stick he's still good though. Oh well I guess we're swaying off topic now.

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011
Does this mean Jarnkrok is coming to North America? Excited to see what he does.

I got that impression after he went over to play some games for GRG this year, even if he stated that he didn't know. But I would be overly surpriesed if he didn't play fro GRG to start the next year.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Hey does anybody know what happened to Matt Bugg?

He use to post here but haven't seen him post anything in ages. Is he still at Dobber?

Did a quick google, he's got rarely used twitter account and wrote a couple articles on McKeens (but you need a subscription). And now I feel like a stalker.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
Most likely true.

Im trying to encourage opinion and encourage people striving to get the knowledge/viewings needed to make as informed opinion for themselves as possible. Everyone has different constraints on that.

What bothers me is people making sweeping statements based on hearsay.

How can anyone say you pick player x at 7 or you dont pick player y at 7 with any certainty? Even those who are paid to do so are wrong at least 80% of the time. And those are the 'real' scouts who are employed by nhl teams, not by hockeyscouts.com or whatever made up website is the flavour of the day.

Then you should avoid this board. Or at least take it with a huge grain of salt.

Lazar will get taken higher than most think, imo. He's the prototypical player for the NHL. Much boom potential, very little bust potential.

Oct 15, 2008
Actually, I can agree with much of what you have been saying, but this is one part of your argument that I don't like.

Since you have seen Lazar so many times and love the player,(Which I do as well, except I like others more), then the lack of viewings of the other players to make an honest comparison skews your view. Is that a fair assessment?

And I am not saying that Lazar is a scrub. I used Dave Bolland as an example before, but I am better saying a good 2nd line C. (Brandon Dubinsky?) The other players in the top 7 I have seem to me as a better chance at elite talent.

No. It isnt a fair assessment. I like Lazar, but because I happen to have seen him play a bunch of times, somehow that disqualifies my opinion. Others who dont see him play much or at all are more qualified in their opinions. Their opinions are somehow more valid.

That is what I take away from here, and really, kind of makes me not want to contribute at all anymore. So instead of having someone with some firsthand viewings to give their opinions of not only Lazar, but other players in the WHL as well as watching other leagues as often as I can and likely as much as anyone else here, people can rely on the "services". That way everyone can be in agreement because nobody can argue with the "professionals".

Oct 15, 2008
Then you should avoid this board. Or at least take it with a huge grain of salt.

Lazar will get taken higher than most think, imo. He's the prototypical player for the NHL. Much boom potential, very little bust potential.

That's pretty good advice.

I think Ill take it.

Conkanen*

You know what, this is a waste of my time. You know what I'm going to say and you're going to say I'm an idiot for it.

Oh you don't watch the players for yourself?!? You're wrong!

I'm a normal hockey fan who reads multiple scouting analysis of players and decides who I want. What else can I do?

Yer better off.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
That's pretty good advice.

I think Ill take it.

I think everyone just needs to cool their jets. At the end of the day we all want the same thing- a competitive team that will win a Stanley cup.

Lazar is a great prospect. He always has a smile on his face, competes hard and is one of the best snipers in the draft. I would be happy with him on draft day, just not at the 7th overall position.

Maybe if we all cool our jets we can actually inform other posters without coming across badly.

*sings cool your jets*

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
So how about we keep our 7th and trade to get the 17th overall from the senators? They are in a win now mode.

How about PRV straight across for Lazar?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I think everyone just needs to cool their jets. At the end of the day we all want the same thing- a competitive team that will win a Stanley cup.

Lazar is a great prospect. He always has a smile on his face, competes hard and is one of the best snipers in the draft. I would be happy with him on draft day, just not at the 7th overall position.

Maybe if we all cool our jets we can actually inform other posters without coming across badly.

*sings cool your jets*

Yep. At the end of the day, they're just prospects. I'm sure whoever we take will be who management feels is bpa and will help us tremendously. If Houck somehow makes it to our 4th round pick and we don't take him, will I be upset? Sure. It doesn't make others wrong though

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Others who dont watch the player play or know wtf they are talking about? Of course. The place is full of them.

Agree , hf is full of idiots who have no clue about hockey . How many times have you seen a posting to trade for a player that is no longer with the team ? I see it lots . I do not know a lot about some of the prospects and in those cases I do not have anything to say or i search it first .

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
What?

Answer the question.

Brown bananas ....there's your answer.

bananas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events