Prospect Info: 2013 Draft Thread: "Lindholm Syndrome"

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
I can't wait until we trade our 1st rounder to get that missing piece to get us "over the top" and nobody wants to talk about the draft anymore. I love prospects but I can't wait for that day when nobody mentions prospects in May.

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
"Leave winning alone, for Lindholm"?

Watched a couple highlights of the kid and man, is he ever physical for 6 ft. 192 lbs.

Move Gags to wing and try the kid out on the 2nd line?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
If the 6 prospects that we actually wanted find another home... pick Lindholm.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
it really should be "take whoever calgary passes on and then pray that he is a significantly better player so we have yet another reason to laugh in the face of flames fans"

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
Okay so MacT wants one of the big C's so would this trade work for moving on up
2013 - 1st round pick(7th) + 2015 1st round pick for the 4th or th overall which would give us one of Barkov/Monahan. Also with our lack of depth at the C position, here are a couple of other forwards I could/want them to pick: (Not necessarily in order):

Ryan Kujawinski
John Hayden
Nic Petan
Creg Chase
Jordan Maletta

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I would trade next year's 1st to move up to 4 and get Barkov. But if we could do it with two 2nds, I'd be happier (preferably the Ducks' pick and our 2014).

As I said in the other thread, we don't need to trade another 1st to move up. IF Nash or Car is willing to move down, it shouldn't cost us more than 7 + 37

Skm

May 30, 2008
Edmonton
As I said in the other thread, we don't need to trade another 1st to move up. IF Nash or Car is willing to move down, it shouldn't cost us more than 7 + 37

This is the truth. Look at historical trade-downs, this is usually the cost.

Another thing, kind of annoys me when people suggest trading draft picks that are 2+ years down the road (ex. adding our 2015 or 2016 1st to a deal). Not that I don't appreciate the effort but these trades RARELY happen in real life, especially 1st rounders. Few GMs would accept a trade for a pick over 2 years away (not including salary dumps/depth moves like trading for Mike Brown) because they know that if they can't improve soon they likely won't be there in 2 years.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Lindholm Syndrome gets my vote.

from the last thread
Seachd said:
These are one centre's stats from his draft year in junior:

68-28-40-68-69

He went 2nd overall.

Jordan Staal also happened to go ahead of Jonathan Toews and Nicklas Backstrom, both whom are vastly superior players. Monahan has been said to be a poor man's Toews and Elias Lindholm is apparently a more defensively responsible version of Backstrom. Did you really think bringing up Jordan Staal would prove a point? Because I call that a wasted opportunity.

I'll concede to Ryan Getzlaf example, but if people knew Ryan Getzlaf was going to be as good as he was, he would've been a slam dunk top 5 pick. There's a much higher chance that Horvat/Lazar become 3rd liners than Ryan Getzlaf V2. You don't take risks like that when you could have a guy like Elias Lindholm. That being said, if we were picking 19th overall, I wouldn't mind Horvat/Lazar, but taking them at 7 is a waste of a pick.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL 3h
Was in the hotel gym at 6am today; there was one other person already there -- prospect Aleksander Barkov. #meandbarks #dealwithit

Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL 1m
Said there's no issues. RT @carymeaway: @mikemorrealeNHL how was his shoulder?
:yo::yo::yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino