Recalled/Assigned: 2013 Dallas Stars Roster Movement

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I would think he's only getting the call due to the injury of Fiddler, then will be sent down once Vern is healthy.

I wonder what happened to Toby. I remember him being a great bottom 6 player for us back in 2008 and especially in our playoffs run. Come to think of it, man he's been with us for what? 5 years now? Damn lol. Hopefully he's in the lineup tomorrow, I wouldn't mind seeing him play again.

He's only even getting bottom 6 minutes in the Cedar Park if I remember correctly.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Oh God, no. I thought we were finally done with Petersen. He keeps coming back, you can't get rid of him.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Probably don't want to screw up Texas' top 6.

That's why I have no issue with the call up and why I believe they're supporting Texas' run.

Petersen has been regulated to the bottom six and he'd probably have the easiest transition compared to the others in the bottom. The only other options I can think of that won't screw with the Texas Top 6 is Glennie, Wathier, and Wandell.

Primetimey*

They don't want to call up Sceviour to practice with Dallas when Texas has a game tonight. I assume Fiddler will be good to go for the next game and they just brought in Petersen to run a full practice.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't understand Peterson coming back to Dallas in the context of the Morrow-for-Morrow trade.

Those two events have nothing to do with one another.

Vern Fiddler slamming into the net on Friday caused Petersen to be called up.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
No, I mean I want to see anyone under the age of 26 called up, not Peterson.

Gotcha ... I think Elysian nailed it. They don't want to interfere with Texas' chase for the top seed in the West. Grand Rapids is a threat to take that top spot so this move allowed Texas to have the best possible lineup last night to get a win in regulation.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Sometimes it feels like the NHL team exists to serve the AHL team around here.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge

The Dallas Stars have recalled LW Francis Wathier from the Texas Stars of the AHL.

Dallas has no healthy extra forwards right now so the likely explanation is someone could have been dinged up last night.

Another potential explanation is they are preparing for a trade, likely Roy, and they need an extra forward for Wednesday if Fiddler and/or Garbutt aren't ready to go.

FWIW, Wathier has played center quite a bit this season for Texas. He or Petersen could center the 4th line if Dallas is forced to go with Benn, Eakin, and Roussel down the middle.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Sounds about right. Trade deadline is the 3rd. Texas doesn't have a game til Friday and should be getting some young guys in now (Ritchie).

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Assigned to Texas Stars (AHL):

Reilly Smith (Forward)
Francis Wathier (Forward)

Recalled from Texas Stars (AHL):

Tom Wandell (Forward)
Matt Fraser (Forward)
Colton Sceviour (Forward)
Alex Chiasson (Forward)

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

Reilly Smith (Forward)

Tom Wandell (Forward)
Matt Fraser (Forward)
Alex Chiasson (Forward)

Tom Wandell 2: THIS TIME, IT'S PERSONAL

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site

Reilly Smith (Forward)

Tom Wandell (Forward)
Matt Fraser (Forward)
Alex Chiasson (Forward)

The stupdity continues-R. Smith so he can win a Calder???? but Chaisson up for what reason?? no plan , no direction ughhh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad