1/26|Christopher Nilstorp|G|Placed on IR
1/26|Colton Sceviour|C|Called up from minors, from Texas-AHL
1/24|Tomas Vincour|C|Called up from minors, from Texas-AHL
1/24|Colton Sceviour|C |Sent to minors, Texas-AHL
1/19|Antoine Roussel|LW|Sent to minors, Texas-AHL
1/18|Richard Bachman|G|Sent to minors, Texas-AHL
1/18|Jamie Oleksiak|D|Sent to minors, Texas-AHL

Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge

The Dallas Stars have activated D Trevor Daley off injured reserve and assigned D Carl Sneep to the Texas Stars of the AHL.

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
1 other roster move should be happening by Monday if Jamie Benn is going to play.

Sceviour or Vincour need to return to the AHL OR Jagr or Roy need to go on IR.

Jagr and Roy could both go on retroactive IR on Thursday, 1/24. That would mean they'd be out against CLB and DET on Monday and Tuesday, but they'd be eligible to return by Friday's game.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Couldn't we just waive Wandell? That way both Sceviour and Vincour stay up and he doesn't continue to spare us all over the ice?

piqued

easy game
Nov 22, 2006
Wandell played well on the PK. I still don't get why people get bent out of shape about him playing out of position because the team doesn't have its center depth available.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I agree with piqued here. Benn coming back is a huge boost, but they don't have depth behind Sceviour at center. Do you want to see Morin or Petersen in the NHL? I don't. They really need to hold on to Wandell for situations like last night where the Top 2 centers are hurt.

Even if you're argument is he shouldn't be in the Top 6, he's a significantly better option than Morin or Petersen on any line.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Wandell as a 4th line winger is fine but that's not where he's being played. If they just accepted the fact that he's not a top six forward and were willing to give a guy like Sceviour who has been playing as the #1 center in Austin a chance I wouldn't hate him so much. The problem is putting him between Eriksson and Smith and expecting it to work. The line was doomed from the start and didn't play all that well.

I've seen everything I need to see from Wandell. Perhaps if he was a bigger body or this lineup had more size elsewhere him playing on the 4th line would be fine. But he's not that and his struggles to win and hold onto the puck are a huge detriment especially on a 4th line where teams try to match their skill against our grunt.

It's time to see what Sceviour has and it's certainly time to see if this slap in the face to Vincour opens his eyes to what's expected of him. Sending either of them back to Austin prevents the team from evaluating if they really have it at this level. Bacially Wandell doesn't really help but the other two might. Why would you not give them the chance in place of a guy who's at best the 12th or 13th forward.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Wandell as a 4th line winger is fine but that's not where he's being played. If they just accepted the fact that he's not a top six forward and were willing to give a guy like Sceviour who has been playing as the #1 center in Austin a chance I wouldn't hate him so much. The problem is putting him between Eriksson and Smith and expecting it to work. The line was doomed from the start and didn't play all that well.

I've seen everything I need to see from Wandell. Perhaps if he was a bigger body or this lineup had more size elsewhere him playing on the 4th line would be fine. But he's not that and his struggles to win and hold onto the puck are a huge detriment especially on a 4th line where teams try to match their skill against our grunt.

It's time to see what Sceviour has and it's certainly time to see if this slap in the face to Vincour opens his eyes to what's expected of him. Sending either of them back to Austin prevents the team from evaluating if they really have it at this level. Bacially Wandell doesn't really help but the other two might. Why would you not give them the chance in place of a guy who's at best the 12th or 13th forward.

Amen.

piqued

easy game
Nov 22, 2006
I'd rather find a way to move Fiddler if the goal is to open up a regular spot for Sceviour. Sceviour is more of a fit at center than Wandell.

Faceoffs are becoming less of a concern with Eakin showing that he's an all-around beast that can be counted on in tough situations.

I'd like to see all 3 of Wandell, Vincour, and Sceviour in the lineup as regulars in the bottom 6.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
We'll know Benn is officially in when they announce a roster move. I'm guessing Sceviour goes down today or tomorrow depending on immigration.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It seems to be official now:

To make room for Jamie Benn on the roster, the Dallas Stars have placed Derek Roy on injured reserve retroactive to January 24.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Good indication Derek Roy is healthy. He'll come off IR on Thursday.

The Dallas Stars are assigning Colton Sceviour to the Texas Stars of the AHL.

piqued

easy game
Nov 22, 2006
Welp. This is Joe trying to make the best of a bad situation. He's pretty much conceding the fact that Gulutzan is going to play the vets til the bitter end.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Welp. This is Joe trying to make the best of a bad situation. He's pretty much conceding the fact that Gulutzan is going to play the vets til the bitter end.

any chance he's doing this so that some of the vets won't loose any minutes, and therefore points, to the youngers... thereby building their value for trade? then bring up the youngsters for good..

(i can hope, right?)

piqued

easy game
Nov 22, 2006
If that was his intention he wouldn't have brought the young guys up and talked about them winning spots in the first place.

Joe had a vision, and it involved incorporating the NHL-ready prospects into the team in a meaningful way. Gulutzan won't cooperate so now they will continue to develop at the AHL level.

piqued

easy game
Nov 22, 2006
If I were Joe I'd be shopping Fiddler for a depth Dman right now who could replace Benn in the lineup. Eakin to the 4th line is coming when everyone is healthy.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Someone must be hurt

The Dallas Stars have recalled Jamie Oleksiak & Antoine Roussel from AHL. Reilly Smith sent back to AHL.

Who cares though? There is literally no way they call up Oleksiak and not play him. I refuse to believe that is possible. You can't possibly steal valuable AHL games from a 20 year old defender to allow him to sit on the bench.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
ron-paul.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad