Recalled/Assigned: 2013 Dallas Stars Roster Movement

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
That's great news. Oleksiak can continue to develop right now that he's back in the AHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge

Dallas Stars recall Richard Bachman from Texas Stars, assign Jack Campbell to Texas.

I think I might enjoy watching the Texas game tonight more than the Dallas game.

Really looking forward to seeing Oleksiak back in with Texas. Campbell should start too.

MetalGodAOD*

Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge 3m

The Dallas Stars have assigned F Reilly Smith and D Joe Morrow to the Texas Stars of the AHL.

Good moves. I'd expect Fraser to be recalled after tonight's Texas game.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Oh man ... I really can't wait for tonight's game. They should be in:

Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge

The Dallas Stars have assigned F Reilly Smith and D Joe Morrow to the Texas Stars of the AHL.

IMO ... this is signs of things moving in the right direction.

MetalGodAOD*

I hope this isn't a one and done for Reilly. He needs to stay down there.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Guess that means Garbut is back?

Hopefully this also means they're helping Texas with a playoff run. Keep Reilly down past the trade deadline.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Guess that means Garbut is back?

Hopefully this also means they're helping Texas with a playoff run. Keep Reilly down past the trade deadline.

Doubtful. They said Garbutt was a ways away with his hand the last report I saw.

Smith is either going down for 1 game, or Fraser or some other forward is coming up if Dallas doesn't add another forward by waivers or trade first.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Thought they were going to keep Joe up for the 2 practices?

Hopefully GM Joe changed his mind to do the right thing, and after watching last night's train wreck and realized that it was obviously a caustic situation for a young D trying to develop his game in his own zone.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Hopefully GM Joe changed his mind to do the right thing, and after watching last night's train wreck and realized that it was obviously a caustic situation for a young D trying to develop his game in his own zone.

Yeah nothing about last night should have engendered confidence about the defensive situation in Dallas and exposing your new prospect to that cannot be a good thing.

I'd be down with Jokinen I guess. If nothing else he can fill a role this season and he can always be bought out later if necessary.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Maybe bring up Sceviour?

Pft...of course what they'd actually do. Bring back Reilly after tonight.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Doubtful. They said Garbutt was a ways away with his hand the last report I saw.

Smith is either going down for 1 game, or Fraser or some other forward is coming up if Dallas doesn't add another forward by waivers or trade first.
I think they can find a better option than Smith from Texas. There are plenty of guys capable of skating around and doing nothing.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think they can find a better option than Smith from Texas. There are plenty of guys capable of skating around and doing nothing.

They've shown no willingness to keep him in the AHL though. I think they should ... but I'm not going to say with any confidence that Smith remains in the AHL after Tuesday's game. They need another forward.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Don't know why everyone's harping on R. Smith, I thought he was much better last night than he was previous to the scratching.

That said, sending him down is still the right move for the moment.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Don't know why everyone's harping on R. Smith, I thought he was much better last night than he was previous to the scratching.

I don't feel like I was harping on him honestly. I'm excited if anything because this is the best possible move for his career.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

I'm harping on him for not doing anything this season. I don't know what else to say about him.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
He knows what he needs to do now but can't turn the corner. It isn't bashing the kid to say that he needs some time in the AHL. Let him figure it out there and get his confidence going. A successful playoff run would do wonders for him i think. Bring him back for training camp and let him win a spot.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I'm harping on him for not doing anything this season. I don't know what else to say about him.

That says more about Niewendyk's blind love for college wingers than it does about Reilly. He wasn't ready and was pushed into a spot he shouldn't have been in. You hope this is a learning experience and he grows from it you don't harp on a kid who is trying just should be at the level he's been playing at.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
No, Reilly was ready. This isn't an Oleksiak situation. He's had his ups and downs at the NHL level and has certainly done more than nothing, but seems to have lost a lot of his confidence lately. Whether that's all his fault or the coaching staff's fault, or just plain bad luck, who can say. But for that reason he now needs to go back a step to regain it.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
So... this means either Garbutt is back, a trade is coming, or we're making a waiver wire acquisition. Or... Ritchie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad