GDT: 2013 Caps Trade Deadline Thread II (Forsberg for Erat & Latta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I thought last night's game underscored the reasons why the trade was a good idea -short of top 6 forward (Volpatti?) and sub-par team D associated with shortage of responsible 2-way players that can also generate offense.

The problem is Oates being so anal about the handedness.

Fehr would of been better in place of Volpatti.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
So the only reason we got Erat is because of Chimera's slump? I wouldn't trade Forsberg for the world, but if he has to be gone I'd trade him for a top 2 LD. We need better defense.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
or you could go even further back:

Scott_Stevens_Tree.jpg

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
And then we'll be without a 2C again, with no replacement in sight.

Perreault could very likely accomplish the same thing as Ribeiro at ES with 2nd line minutes (i.e. get mildly outscored on measure) even accounting for the negative impact the extra minutes would probably have on him. The need for a solid 2C is either overstated or not filled by Ribeiro, because he's not a solution to the 2C issue at ES.

His role on the PP is another matter, of course, but you don't have to use a C there.

Halpysback*

Perreault could very likely accomplish the same thing as Ribeiro at ES with 2nd line minutes (i.e. get mildly outscored on measure) even accounting for the negative impact the extra minutes would probably have on him. The need for a solid 2C is either overstated or not filled by Ribeiro, because he's not a solution to the 2C issue at ES.

His role on the PP is another matter, of course, but you don't have to use a C there.

This Perreault at even strength meme needs to die in a fire.

Semin last year, Ribeiro this year, next year it'll be who needs Ovechkin and Backstrom when we got Perreault at even strength.

Unless Perreault takes a serious jump forward he'd get slaughtered in a second line role no matter what his ESP/60 is.

sillygoose

Jan 15, 2009
Mother****er. Thanks for ruining my weekend.

EDIT: not actually directed at you CCF. and also, Fire George!

So you're saying GMGM turning Brendan Witt into Mike Ribiero, Martin Erat, and Michael Latta. The Gumption!!!!!!!!! ZOMGGGGGGGGGG WHAT AN IDIOT, DOES HE NOT KNOW THE PROWESS OF SUPERSTAR BRENDAN WITT?!?!?!?! HE GOT HIT BY A CAR AND STILL PLAYED A GAME LATER THAT NIGHT. OH NO WAIT THATS RIGHT GUISE, HE ALSO TRADED GONCHAR IN 04, AND AS A RESULT DRAFTED OVECHKIN. T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Want to actually have a discussion on how GMGM did bad according to that picture. That actually looks great for GMGM in my opinion.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So you're saying GMGM turning Brendan Witt into Mike Ribiero, Martin Erat, and Michael Latta. The Gumption!!!!!!!!! ZOMGGGGGGGGGG WHAT AN IDIOT, DOES HE NOT KNOW THE PROWESS OF SUPERSTAR BRENDAN WITT?!?!?!?! HE GOT HIT BY A CAR AND STILL PLAYED A GAME LATER THAT NIGHT. OH NO WAIT THATS RIGHT GUISE, HE ALSO TRADED GONCHAR IN 04, AND AS A RESULT DRAFTED OVECHKIN. T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Want to actually have a discussion on how GMGM did bad according to that picture. That actually looks great for GMGM in my opinion.

The Ovie draft was sheer luck and has nothing to do with it. That chart is a picture of 30 years of fail.

Liberati0n*

How is there a connection between trading Gonchar and drafting Ovechkin...?

Liberati0n*

Yeah that Brashear thing was hilarious. That and the Atlanta game are like all I remember from that season at this point.

Great view around :50.

Actually, I remember a third thing:

~1:45 :laugh:

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
That's so much more amazing than I remember it. Witt doing the fake-hit posturing thing and then getting instantly knocked the **** out. Brash was just a legitimately intimidating dude, none of that stupid P. T. Barnum/P. J. Stock ********.

The Brash/Shanny tilt definitely gets better with age too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille