Speculation: 2013-2014 Trade Speculation (All Players) | Part IV | KCD ain't gonna cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudgeeo

Nov 1, 2013
As a fan of both teams(albeit I watch more oilers games b/c of where I live) I don't think I would want letang on the oilers. He would be our best defensemen by an oil country mile and that's not a good thing, if you know what I mean. Of all the defensemen on pittsburgh I would want on the oilers it would be niskanen. I think all the guys on here wanting to trade him are crazy. He is by far the most underrated player on the team. Reminds me of how underrated Chris tamer was. What would be fair value from Edmonton for niskanen?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
As a fan of both teams(albeit I watch more oilers games b/c of where I live) I don't think I would want letang on the oilers. He would be our best defensemen by an oil country mile and that's not a good thing, if you know what I mean. Of all the defensemen on pittsburgh I would want on the oilers it would be niskanen. I think all the guys on here wanting to trade him are crazy. He is by far the most underrated player on the team. Reminds me of how underrated Chris tamer was. What would be fair value from Edmonton for niskanen?

Name your price, and call it a done deal.

darkbrew*

David Perron+? Honestly, I think Beau Kunitz and Crosby is more than fine. What this team needs is upgrades to play with Sutter on the third. Kennedy may have been a fine loss, but losing Cooke has really hurt our ability to pressure with that line as well as our PK.

So who like Cooke is available? Preferably someone who can PK as well

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
David Perron+? Honestly, I think Beau Kunitz and Crosby is more than fine. What this team needs is upgrades to play with Sutter on the third. Kennedy may have been a fine loss, but losing Cooke has really hurt our ability to pressure with that line as well as our PK.

So who like Cooke is available? Preferably someone who can PK as well

Pens don't need a Matt Cooke. They need another Chris Conner.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Can't go 82-0 :D

They will just say we lost because we have FAR too many players injured. Next game we will have 10-11 players out of the lineup (Neal's suspension, likely Orpik out just to play it safe). **** it, let's get every NHL regular and have them all injured, have our AHL team play for us.:yo: Nice team you got there Shero. Don't play tough, instead get injured because of tough play against us. Brilliant!

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
What do you guys think about bringing Brian Mcgrattan in at the deadline? Could probably be had pretty cheap and would make our team a lot tougher to play against. He's not a liability on the ice to boot.

fudgeeo

Nov 1, 2013

Ryan jones? Honestly I've only seen three pens games this year so from what I've seen and just going by his stats I really don't know why everybody wants him traded. Got any insight?

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
What do you guys think about bringing Brian Mcgrattan in at the deadline? Could probably be had pretty cheap and would make our team a lot tougher to play against. He's not a liability on the ice to boot.

I'd be happy if Shero brought in multiple guys that could bring toughness to the team. This is the softest Pens team I've seen in a while.

The problem is he needs to bring in tough guys that can actually play. McGrattan is hurt now though.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Ryan jones? Honestly I've only seen three pens games this year so from what I've seen and just going by his stats I really don't know why everybody wants him traded. Got any insight?

It's not because Niskanen is a bad player or anything like that. He's a solid defenseman. We just have SO many defensemen and he's redundant and was keeping a talent like Despres down in Wilkes-Barre due to him having a 1 way contract and Despres having a 2 way.

Niskanen is pretty effective. He's solid on special teams also. The thing is if we trade him, we probably do it for a solid 3rd/4th liner with some grit or a prospect/pick because we really don't have much cap space.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I just want toughness for trades at this point, IDGAF who the top 6 is, just get us some players with balls

CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

The Orpik injury is terrible, but it gives the young guys a chance to step up. I really want to see what we have in these guys before trading for anyone.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

We have 9 NHL d-men if we get healthy. Someone has to be traded or demoted, and it makes sense to make it one of the guys who has no future here. Nisky is easily replaced (upgraded actually, as both are better than he is) by Despres and/or Maatta for a lower price, and we need to upgrade our forward depth. If we don't move Nisky, we should move Orpik. If we only move one, I'd prefer it be Orpik honestly. If I had my way (while still only moving 1 d-man), we would move Orpik and have

Scuderi - Letang
Maatta - Martin
Despres - Niskanen
Bortuzzo
Engo

Keeping 8 D is fine as long as Engo is used as a backup forward as well.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just want toughness for trades at this point, IDGAF who the top 6 is, just get us some players with balls

toughness wouldn't have stopped anything that happened last night. But please, lets try to out-Boston Boston again instead of beating them with talent like the Hawks did. It worked out so well last year.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
toughness wouldn't have stopped anything that happened last night. But please, lets try to out-Boston Boston again instead of beating them with talent like the Hawks did. It worked out so well last year.

You're exactly right.
This team doesn't need guys that fight.
They need some size guys that can play and have some snarl in their game.

Problem is, alot of those guys get paid pretty well around the league. So you're looking at legit hockey trades. Needs for needs with the money matching.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Having guys who can answer stuff rather than your star players having to do it would be nice, right?

That's pretty much what happens anymore, Crosby, Malkin, Neal....I'm sure you have to somewhat agree to this.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Having guys who can answer stuff rather than your star players having to do it would be nice, right?

That's pretty much what happens anymore, Crosby, Malkin, Neal....I'm sure you have to somewhat agree to this.

I do. But people are overreacting to last night too. There isn't a player in the league that would have prevented what happened last night because Thornton wasn't going to be happy until something happened to Orpik.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
I do. But people are overreacting to last night too. There isn't a player in the league that would have prevented what happened last night because Thornton wasn't going to be happy until something happened to Orpik.

Agreed. What would people like someone like MacIntyre to do? Jump off the bench, follow Thornton into the tunnel and give him a WWE chair treatment? It's in the hands of the NHL now to take care of this, no braindead goon would have made a difference.

Speed Kills

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
I do think macintyre would have had a chance to stop it if he was put on the ice when Thornton was. They probably would have fought and both gone for 5 or 15 if db saw what julien was doing. Now, I don't know if someone else would have continued to go after orpik, but now it's not such a mismatch. Last year Macintyre was called up for the sens game and he kept things under control and didn't even get into a fight.

I do think we need a heavyweight. What scares me about last night besides the obvious is that it could have been Crosby or malkin ( if he did play ) and there will still be no response from this team.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I do think macintyre would have had a chance to stop it if he was put on the ice when Thornton was. They probably would have fought and both gone for 5 or 15 if db saw what julien was doing. Now, I don't know if someone else would have continued to go after orpik, but now it's not such a mismatch. Last year Macintyre was called up for the sens game and he kept things under control and didn't even get into a fight.

I do think we need a heavyweight. What scares me about last night besides the obvious is that it could have been Crosby or malkin ( if he did play ) and there will still be no response from this team.

Thornton had no interest in anyone but Orpik. If he was interested in anything else, he would have been going after Neal there, not Orpik.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Trade some D for Chris Neil. Put him on the 3rd line. Have a 4th line of Engo-Vitale-Glass. Play Bortuzzo. You immediately go from the softest team in the league to one of the toughest.

Kunitz-Sid-Bennett
Neal-Geno-Joki/Megna
Neil-Suter-Dupuis
Engo-Vitale-Glass

Scuds-Letang
Orpik-Martin
Maata-Borts

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Trade some D for Chris Neil. Put him on the 3rd line. Have a 4th line of Engo-Vitale-Glass. Play Bortuzzo. You immediately go from the softest team in the league to one of the toughest.

Kunitz-Sid-Bennett
Neal-Geno-Joki/Megna
Neil-Suter-Dupuis
Engo-Vitale-Glass

Scuds-Letang
Orpik-Martin
Maata-Borts

I love that line-up except Despres should be playing even if it means Bort sits and Sill is just better than Glass even with toughness factored in. He might not fight as much, but his hits are more effective.

I would love a guy like Neil though. A hockey player that can be tough to play against is what I want. Not a tough guy that sort of knows how to skate.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
JVR would be a great fit for this team. I just don't think we would be able to obtain him.

Yah I'm pretty much a believer in that too now but there's no way... he is one of their bright spots, not one of their problems. Kulemin is a more probable thing to hope for (whether or not it's probable in general -- no way to know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad