Speculation: 2013-2014 Trade Speculation (All Players) | Part IV | KCD ain't gonna cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndolla

Dec 23, 2013
Because Holmgren is stupid?

He has 3 more goals & we can't compare careers because Vitale has just started his & has had the benefit of the same playing time.

Lol Vitale has just started his career and he's one year younger than Talbot. What does that say?

ndolla

Dec 23, 2013
This whole thing is a moot point, the Avs love Talbot and he's not going anywhere. Next.

Here's to hoping the Avs take a dip by the deadline, which is very possible in the West. And why would they love a 4th liner who should be playing 8-10 minutes a game?

ndolla

Dec 23, 2013
Winner, winner. Glass got his contract for a reason too, it's called a mistake.

Exactly, and like I said before it was right for Shero to not offer that term/money. However, like I said before, he would now be getting half that term with an increase in the salary cap starting next year.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Here's to hoping the Avs take a dip by the deadline, which is very possible in the West. And why would they love a 4th liner who should be playing 8-10 minutes a game?

He's playing wing on their third line, and he fits their lineup very well.

They're a playoff contender, they won't be dealing Talbot.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
why is this conversation still gong on?

I DROPPED MY MOUSE. Don't you people know that that means?!?!?!

/drops mouse again

ndolla

Dec 23, 2013
It says that he went to university instead of playing junior.

Umm if you think you're good enough to play in the NHL earlier in your career and teams think you're good enough, then that's what you do. Lack of skill is why he started in his late 20s. He's a good 4th liner, I think he's provided less this year, but that's all he is. He'll never score 12-15 goals a year like Max, who provides all the grit and toughness that Vitale already adds.

ndolla

Dec 23, 2013
He's playing wing on their third line, and he fits their lineup very well.

They're a playoff contender, they won't be dealing Talbot.

Which is why I'm hoping they fall off in the next couple months. They are in 7th right now.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA

They're second from the bottom in salary might be a good reason they can pay their role players more.

I think it's time you come out and reveal that you are in fact Max Talbot.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Exactly, and like I said before it was right for Shero to not offer that term/money. However, like I said before, he would now be getting half that term with an increase in the salary cap starting next year.

It would still be too much for a 4th liner and Talbot shouldn't be in the top 9. Something being less bad still doesn't make it good.

why the hell is Talbot even being discussed?

Nostalgia? ndolla is Shero? Because I could see Shero doing that.

ndolla

Dec 23, 2013
They're second from the bottom in salary might be a good reason they can pay their role players more.

I think it's time you come out and reveal that you are in fact Max Talbot.

I wish, I'd be a rich man.;)

And they can play their role players with a small cap number because Mackinnon and Landeskog are still on their ELCs. With some expensive resignings next year, they'll be much closer to the cap.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Umm if you think you're good enough to play in the NHL earlier in your career and teams think you're good enough, then that's what you do. Lack of skill is why he started in his late 20s. He's a good 4th liner, I think he's provided less this year, but that's all he is. He'll never score 12-15 goals a year like Max, who provides all the grit and toughness that Vitale already adds.

He doesn't need to. He's a 4th line center.

Fire Shero*

I think Vitale is decent, extremely overrated around these parts. I love his hustle and effort, but the dude cannot finish. But I guess if he could finish he wouldn't be on the bottom line playing with Adams and Glass or a healthy scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad