Speculation: 2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Tlusty would be a great addition but the most I would give up is Carolina's choice of Klesla, Schlemko or Summers.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
While writing this post, however, I realize that if everything shape out well that in two years this could be one of the best, if not the best, defensive setups in the league:

OEL-Gormley
Yandle-Murphy
Stone-Summers
Morris

Trade away/Let walk:
Schlemko
Rundblad
Michalek

Don't see why you wouldn't want Rundblad over Summers. It would arguably make that an even stronger line up. I imagine Stone would need to become more of a shutdown type to make that work, but I believe he can become that.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Tlusty's 6 points and tendancy to get demoted to Carolina's bottom lines doesn't exactly interest me right now and I want to stay far away from him. Sure the guy had a good year last year but that was basically just Eric Staal bouncing pucks into the net off of him :laugh:

There are far better pieces to spend our assets on IMO

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone else like Connolly from Tampa? He just got sent down again and I think the time is ripe for us to get in and have a shot at getting him. Tampa has got other bodies ready for the show and Connolly looks to be the odd man out on offense while we've got Rundblad who looks to be the odd man out for us on defense.

I think the trade makes perfect sense, and especially since Connolly hasn't performed well yet in the NHL, it might just be a straight swap with little more than a 3rd or 4th round draft choice going with it...sorta of the reversal on Turris.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Does anyone else like Connolly from Tampa? He just got sent down again and I think the time is ripe for us to get in and have a shot at getting him. Tampa has got other bodies ready for the show and Connolly looks to be the odd man out on offense while we've got Rundblad who looks to be the odd man out for us on defense.

I think the trade makes perfect sense, and especially since Connolly hasn't performed well yet in the NHL, it might just be a straight swap with little more than a 3rd or 4th round draft choice going with it...sorta of the reversal on Turris.

Rundblad for Connolly has been discussed quite a bit around here since the summer. :) I'd still be in favor of it.

And with that, 3000 posts!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Rundblad for Connolly has been discussed quite a bit around here since the summer. :) I'd still be in favor of it.

And with that, 3000 posts!

Not just 3000 posts, but 3000 quality posts! Congrats as I'm glad we have a great contributor here in you.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I still want Erat!
no goals and only 6 assists, his trade value must be at an all time low.
even be willing to throw in the rights to Tikhonov and Goncharov in a deal! They still need help on the blue line.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Don't see why you wouldn't want Rundblad over Summers. It would arguably make that an even stronger line up. I imagine Stone would need to become more of a shutdown type to make that work, but I believe he can become that.
Retooling Rundblad into becoming a shutdown guy is a waste when Summers is, well, a shutdown guy already.

Karlkarotte

Jul 24, 2013
Retooling Rundblad into becoming a shutdown guy is a waste when Summers is, well, a shutdown guy already.

Summers is an average defenseman. He's known as a defensive defenseman for the pure fact that he has zero offensive upside. He's not a very good shut down guy either.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tlusty would be a great addition but the most I would give up is Carolina's choice of Klesla, Schlemko or Summers.

We have enough bottom six guy in Phoenix and in Portland, we do not need another.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Honestly, Rundblad for Connolly just makes too much damn sense. It makes more sense every day, too.

I know you are high on Connolly and he had a good year in the AHL, but he has done nothing at the NHL level. I guess Rundblad hasn't either, but it takes longer for a D to mature and it takes time to adjust coming overseas and all. It would be a risky trade for both teams.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Summers is an average defenseman. He's known as a defensive defenseman for the pure fact that he has zero offensive upside. He's not a very good shut down guy either.

I still think Summers has NHL upside. I think this because he's so mobile, moves the puck well, and is better defensively than you are giving him credit for. If he can be effective in his own end and actually move the puck up ice, he's really doing more than quite a lot of current NHL defensemen that can really only do one or the other of those two things.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I know you are high on Connolly and he had a good year in the AHL, but he has done nothing at the NHL level. I guess Rundblad hasn't either, but it takes longer for a D to mature and it takes time to adjust coming overseas and all. It would be a risky trade for both teams.

They're the same story.

Wolski and Mueller were the same guy when we made that trade. Both busted.

Lisin and Korpikoski were at similar crossroads, and we got the better end.

Sometimes you've just got to roll the dice.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Unless Connolly can play a two way game I wouldn't bother. If this team is ever going to trade for a forward it has to be someone Tippett trusts/has coached before, or one that is renowned for 2 way play like O'Reilly.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I still want Erat!
no goals and only 6 assists, his trade value must be at an all time low.
even be willing to throw in the rights to Tikhonov and Goncharov in a deal! They still need help on the blue line.

Latest buzz indicates that Erat is gonna get scratched for tonight's Caps game. Gotta think he absolutely wants out of Washington now.

Have no idea how we afford him w/o moving Klesla, but if Maloney can somehow pull it off, I'm all for it.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Latest buzz indicates that Erat is gonna get scratched for tonight's Caps game. Gotta think he absolutely wants out of Washington now.

Have no idea how we afford him w/o moving Klesla, but if Maloney can somehow pull it off, I'm all for it.
Erat value must be an all time low
I was thinking (hoping) it could be Schlemko.
thought about Gormley for Wilson also (as parts of a larger package)
Brouwer would be a welcome addition if the Caps would retain some salary. $3.6 mil salary
Also thought about the other ex-Pred Latta, but I don't think the Caps would let him go.
Erat and Brouwer (at 2/3) for Korpi and Schlemko
would raise our budget by over $2.2 mil and lower the Caps' cap by ~ $2.5 Mil
Latta instead of Brouwer would only raise the budget by ~$820000
with Beagle it would be ~$1150000

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Latta is doing really well with the Caps (and Caps HFers love his play so far), while Beagle has been healthy scratched. No chance the Caps are going to move the one piece from the Forsberg trade that's been working for them.

I'd consider Erat and Beagle for Korpi and Schlemko. I think Brouwer is too pricey and redundant as long as we have Moss, Doan, and Klinkhammer.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Anyone else feel like Korpi made have run his course with us? They were going into the season expecting him to be a top-six forward for us and he definitely has not been that. He is a great bottom-six guy, but that's not what we need.

I think I'd make that trade as well.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Latta is doing really well with the Caps (and Caps HFers love his play so far), while Beagle has been healthy scratched. No chance the Caps are going to move the one piece from the Forsberg trade that's been working for them.

I'd consider Erat and Beagle for Korpi and Schlemko. I think Brouwer is too pricey and redundant as long as we have Moss, Doan, and Klinkhammer.

1 that makes more sense would be Gormley and Korpi for Erat and Wison.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
1 that makes more sense would be Gormley and Korpi for Erat and Wilson.

I was going to say that I highly doubt the Caps are going to move their 2012 1st rounder, but then again, they did move Forsberg lol....

I don't know enough about Wilson to make an informed evaluation about that aspect.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Phoenix is scouting at the MIN/WPG game today. Do you guys happen to know if the Jets are scouting you?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
from my uderstanding is that his upside mimics Doan.

Regardless, I think I'll keep Gormley. Klesla will very likely be gone next season, and Gormley will get minutes. Just like how we're basically rolling 3 scoring lines + an energy line, I think Tippett will find a way to manage TOI for all the OEL/Yandle/Gormley-led pairings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad