Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Nightly Duclair update: 1g 1a (primary) +3
His team won 4-3 in a shootout (he did not score in the shootout).

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Adam Erne gave Jonathan Drouin a concussion tonight on an awful hit from behind into the boards tonight. Both are Tampa Bay prospects (and both are probably going to be very good players).

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
First Period

Miss in the net.

Hughes with a good defensive play.

Jean with a great pass, but Kristo didn't finish.

Miss gives up a soft goal to Newbury. Out of position completely on the short side as Noob was coming from the right.

Miss almost gave up another softie. He will be an NHLer when I will be an NHLer.

Hartford on PP. jean with a hard shot, but the goalie slides to stop it.

Newbury coughed up the puck in front of his own net to Powe, but he couldn't convert.

Nicolls with a hard shot.

Two on one, but Hrivik couldn't get the pass to Nicholls.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
First Period

Miss in the net.

Hughes with a good defensive play.

Jean with a great pass, but Kristo didn't finish.

Miss gives up a soft goal to Newbury. Out of position completely on the short side as Noob was coming from the right.

Miss almost gave up another softie. He will be an NHLer when I will be an NHLer.

Hartford on PP. jean with a hard shot, but the goalie slides to stop it.

Newbury coughed up the puck in front of his own net to Powe, but he couldn't convert.

Nicolls with a hard shot.

Two on one, but Hrivik couldn't get the pass to Nicholls.

Was actually Tye McGinn who scored, Newbs got the assist.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Adam Erne gave Jonathan Drouin a concussion tonight on an awful hit from behind into the boards tonight. Both are Tampa Bay prospects (and both are probably going to be very good players).

Was the hit/injury serious?

Canada and US could be losing 2 very important players for the WJC.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Was the hit/injury serious?

Canada and US could be losing 2 very important players for the WJC.

Jeez. This happened last year with Stefan Noesen if I remember correctly. Got a 10 game suspension by the OHL right before the tournament and the IIHF upheld the ban for the WJC. Big hit for US if Erne isn't available.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Debating...whether to catch the Junior game tonight , Quebec & PEI and watch Graves and Duclair ...or stay home and have a few beer and watch the Rangers battle the Devils....what to do ??? Always decisions LOL !

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Minnesota begins their winter break. Michigan has one game before the break. North Dakota has two games.

Brady Skjei

2 quick thoughts: 1) Really like the MINN grittiness. Thought that was missing last yr 2) Skjei might not be best NCAA dman, but he’s close.

https://twitter.com/INCH/status/409434951264645120

I saw both games VS Michigan State this weekend. Sign him up. Friday night and Saturday afternoon games. There will be three months remaining of the college hockey season when it resumes after the holidays. Lucia and Skjei will be in Malmo.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The progress Skjei has made in just a year is spectacular.

If Staal is out long term or will never be the same now all of a sudden having Skjei along with McLIrath, Allen, and even Anderson is pretty vital.

Skjei is a big kid and can skate so he's finally growing into his body.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
How has Skjei's physical play been? I remember him not being much of a contact player his draft year, or last year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The progress Skjei has made in just a year is spectacular.

The good/weird thing is that our fanbase didn't overreact for once. He had an up and down year. I expected more *****ing about his play, but I guess there were other things to complain about.

It's great to see the improvement he's made. He looks like he did pre-NCAA. Awesome to see. Watching the kid skate is a joy.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
The good/weird thing is that our fanbase didn't overreact for once. He had an up and down year. I expected more *****ing about his play, but I guess there were other things to complain about.

It's great to see the improvement he's made. He looks like he did pre-NCAA. Awesome to see. Watching the kid skate is a joy.

Everyone was too busy crying over how Kreider's career was forever destroyed. Skjei fell under the radar.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009

I was under the impression that he wasn't bad, he just got stuck behind a lot of good older players.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I was under the impression that he wasn't bad, he just got stuck behind a lot of good older players.

It was a bit of both. He didn't play all that well when he did play and was stuck behind a ton of guys. It was what I like to call a true "learning year." And it looks like it helped him out quite a bit.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
A rookie defenseman in a new and tougher league than he was used to. Didn't overreact because he was a freshman.

If he was getting scratched this season, it would be concerning.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Personally I thought the reports of Skjei struggling were overblown last year.

He was stuck behind some good players. Gophers had 8 dmen last year, several good players took turns being the scratch. And he was adjusting to the college game. He made some gaffes, as do most dmen adjusting to that level. I'm not saying he was spectacular or even very good, but people were anointing Mike Reilly due to his flashy offensive game and WJC evaluation...but Skjei was pretty consistently a better defender. Obviously Reilly is better in the offensive zone.

Regardless, glad to see he has worked through his lumps. Have only caught 2 Gopher games this year. Excited to see him at the WJC.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Leave him in college. Let him develop, he's only 19.

I wasn't suggesting we take him out of college, but with his serious progression it's not out of the realm of the possibility it happens.

With our defense all of a sudden becoming a weakness, who knows..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca