2013-2014 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Hate to lose an asset but there are lots of forward bodies down there, at least opens up some ice time for other kids. Too bad he didn't pan out.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
That's a stacked RW lineup down in Provi. Just saying. Pasty, Griffith(up and down), Ferlin, Knight, etc.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Providence in this week Hockey News picked top seed in east

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
That's cool, but hockey news once picked Springfield top seed like two years in a row when they never made the playoffs.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
For any of you that follow the P-Bruins, is Spooner still playing LW and if he is, how well is he playing at that position? Thanks.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Spooner sets up Ferlin for his first professional goal.

Congrats to him and many more

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Providence stomped Norfolk 4-0 in the Friday night game. Lots of players with points and they did it without Boston call-ups Morrow and Trotman.

Goals: Caron (2 goals--one on the PP), Ferlin (his first goal) and Lindblad (SH)

Assists: Youds (2), Spooner, Cross, Cunningham, Florek, Breen and Khokhlachev

Goaltending: Smith had 38 saves for the shutout

Stars: #1-Smith, #2-Caron and #3-Ferlin

Game report: http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-r ... id=1013531

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How's knight look

looked pretty good- crushed a Norfolk guy in the third after that guy had hit Florek - great retaliatory (clean hard) hit- went down like a piano landed on him, certainly not lost on Florek

blocked a shot and went to locker room- no idea what happened

Knight to me just needs to be better on the wall, specifically defensive side and he looks good to me; speed looks very good and strong on skates

love his physical game not the cheap dirty crap like Rinaldo or the the **** Clutterbuck takes- but usually clean and hard and with purpose

Last edited:

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
This Caron guy is producing …

Might be time for a look in Boston

:laugh:

This is going to be great for Caron's career. Despite the fact that he is only 24, he hasn't played heavy minutes, or in an offensive role, on any team in two years. I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 30 goals in Providence.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
This is going to be great for Caron's career. Despite the fact that he is only 24, he hasn't played heavy minutes, or in an offensive role, on any team in two years. I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 30 goals in Providence.

completely agree. the guy gets way too much **** on this board for what hes done. thrown into too big of a role right off the bat, lost confidence .. and has never really rebounded besides the fact he atleast molded himself into a defensive forward .. and he did that just so he could have a chance of making some minutes on this team. lets not forget he averaged atleast a point a game his last three years in the QMJHL. he should have had atleast had a solid year or two in the AHL before getting called up .

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
looked pretty good- crushed a Norfolk guy in the third after that guy had hit Florek - great retaliatory (clean hard) hit- went down like a piano landed on him, certainly not lost on Florek

blocked a shot and went to locker room- no idea what happened

Knight to me just needs to be better on the wall, specifically defensive side and he looks good to me; speed looks very good and strong on skates

love his physical game not the cheap dirty crap like Rinaldo or the the **** Clutterbuck takes- but usually clean and hard and with purpose

Thanks for the update! How'd spoons look on the wing?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I'm the GM of the Sharks why not go pick a young former first rounder for your bottom 6. I believe Caron could be a solid 15 goal scorer who plays 200 feet on ANOTHER team- he's mentally cooked here- needs a change

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
I'm the GM of the Sharks why not go pick a young former first rounder for your bottom 6. I believe Caron could be a solid 15 goal scorer who plays 200 feet on ANOTHER team- he's mentally cooked here- needs a change

Totally agree.

Problem with Caron is that expectations have always been too high because of where he was picked, which isn't his fault at all… He's a very serviceable 3rd line guy on most NHL teams. It's when expectations rise beyond that, or when he's asked to fulfill roles that don't fit his skillset where his performance can be construed as negative.

He's been yo-yo'd way too much with the Bruins because management has always perceived him as something that he's not and he's had the expectation to perform like a 1st round pick.

Best thing for him at this point would be a fresh start with a new team.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Caron has played 128 nhl games. He played 35 last year which is semi regular ice time and he scored 1 goal. No team is interested in that. His best year by far was when he played 48 games and scored 7 goals. He hasn't been close to that level of production since I think teams are looking for impact 3rd liners, not serviceable ones. Even calling him serviceable might be a stretch.

I will say I remember a national game against the rangers a few years ago and he was the best player on the ice and scored on a bullet. So that's something

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Caron has played 128 nhl games. He played 35 last year which is semi regular ice time and he scored 1 goal. No team is interested in that. His best year by far was when he played 48 games and scored 7 goals. He hasn't been close to that level of production since I think teams are looking for impact 3rd liners, not serviceable ones. Even calling him serviceable might be a stretch.

I will say I remember a national game against the rangers a few years ago and he was the best player on the ice and scored on a bullet. So that's something

Jordan Caron best game evah!!!!http://bruins.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2011020984

the video is 4:20 and Caron is all over this- he gets 2 goals 1 assist but looks like Cam Neely, actually, he looks better than Neely. The Seguin game 2 vs Tampa Bay in the playoffs was the greatest game I ever saw Seguin play, and this Toronto game by Caron is incredible.

I cant even believe this is Caron. He is like the priest in Caddy shack in the zone in the rain.

Last edited:

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
Jordan Caron best game evah!!!!http://bruins.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2011020984

the video is 4:20 and Caron is all over this- he gets 2 goals 1 assist but looks like Cam Neely, actually, he looks better than Neely. The Seguin game 2 vs Tampa Bay in the playoffs was the greatest game I ever saw Seguin play, and this Toronto game by Caron is incredible.

I cant even believe this is Caron. He is like the priest in Caddy shack in the zone in the rain.

:laugh:

Caron is so interesting because when he eats the right meal, or something nearly as arbitrary, before the game he looks like a legit threat. He's disruptive, is quicker than usual. Too bad the good Caron shows up once or twice a year. All of the other games, he is lethargic and seems content.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
wow, watching Providence and Knight is freaking bowling out there....got the videos on the iphone have to figure out how to get it here....yikes, he has DESTROYED Forbert twice....I'll figure it out....one of my buds said they said he's 6'4" but around Knight he is 3'2" (I assume its because he is on his ass- love it)

plus he took a big suicide/sacrifice hit to get to Pasta, who gave it to Koko for a goal. Not complaining him playing LW with the two studs (damn is Koko good:))

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
btw- my buds are at the Providence game and telling me it is S-C-A-R-Y what Koko and Pastrnak are doing right now

they call up Trotman and Morrow and beat Norfolk 4-0; up 3-0 on the Monarchs right now and they are supposed to be very strong

Pastrnak and Koko are going to be unbelieveable next level IF not neutured

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

Game 2 was the only bruins playoff game I've ever been too. Not complaining it was awesome

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Game 2 was the only bruins playoff game I've ever been too. Not complaining it was awesome

really? you picked one of the greatest games I have ever seen....just thinking of that game gives me chills

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
4-0 Baby Bruins....I have to admit, when one of my friends told me Wednesday (and he would know) that they should have a handful of future full time NHLers and another bunch that should see time in the NHL and maybe even triple digit games they are that good. kind of thru me

5-0 Cunningham a hat trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad