Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Prospects Thread

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
in the last 10 games? Yes. He is just dominating. He went through a pretty cold stretch in February but he has been lights out in March. 14 goals and 9 assists in 11 games (including the four playoff games thus far). When he is on his game he is probably the most dangerous scorer in the league. You simply cannot give him any space to shoot cutting in from the wing or it's probably going in your net.

That's great to hear. Thanks for the updates. Good luck in your play-offs.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
in the last 10 games? Yes. He is just dominating. He went through a pretty cold stretch in February but he has been lights out in March. 14 goals and 9 assists in 11 games (including the four playoff games thus far). When he is on his game he is probably the most dangerous scorer in the league. You simply cannot give him any space to shoot cutting in from the wing or it's probably going in your net.

Do you think he makes the jump to the AHL or NHL next season? He seems to be lighting it up too much to stay another season in Erie unless he physically isn't mature enough yet.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Thanks!

Andre finishes 1+1 tonight in a 7-3 victory. A win tomorrow night and Erie wins its first playoff series since 2004! :amazed:

You said he was playing with Curtis and Strome, does that mean Gaunce plays on the third line? I remember OHL listing Erie starters as Curtis - Gaunce - Burakovsky.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Do you think he makes the jump to the AHL or NHL next season? He seems to be lighting it up too much to stay another season in Erie unless he physically isn't mature enough yet.

I think he will make the jump to the AHL next season based on speed and skill alone. He has gotten better over the course of the season with his board play and his defense. Passes more as well.

I'm not totally convinced he will be physically mature for the AHL but I don't think it would be that helpful to send him down for another year. He wouldn't be challenged. He'd play with McDavid and probably score 60 goals but how beneficial is that?

I'd say next year in the AHL to adjust to pro hockey then possibly the NHL the year after depending on how next season goes.

You said he was playing with Curtis and Strome, does that mean Gaunce plays on the third line? I remember OHL listing Erie starters as Curtis - Gaunce - Burakovsky.

Yes Gaunce has been on the third line lately, with Fox-McDavid-Brown the first line. Strome had been on the third nearly all season but Curtis-Strome-Burakovsky have been so good together it would be silly to break them up. It gives Erie two great scoring lines, with an excellent third line that can check, play defense, and score goals.

Often Coach Knoblauch will start with something like Burakovsky-Gaunce-Wigle for the first shift of the game, then he goes back to the normal lines.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Whatever happened to Luke Lynes? He was drafted in the 4th round of the 2006 entry draft and was a local kid. I actually played with him a few times so I'm curious. He was a PPG player for 3 out of his last 4 years in the OHL but never caught on with the ECHL or the AHL. Did he just not develop? Did we trade him? Thanks to anyone with any information.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
The Brotherhood ‏@MiamiOH_Hockey 19m
Czarnik, Coleman announce they will return to Miami. Entire junior class will return for final season #Brotherhood pic.twitter.com/NLbWVAopAk

Could affect Barber's decision to turn pro or not.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
The Brotherhood ‏@MiamiOH_Hockey 19m
Czarnik, Coleman announce they will return to Miami. Entire junior class will return for final season #Brotherhood pic.twitter.com/NLbWVAopAk

Could affect Barber's decision to turn pro or not.

Dave Starman ‏@DStarmanHockey 2h
There you have it. @rileybarber94 is the latest Miami Redhawk to announce he is back for 2014-2015.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

I don't really get these. I don't think being in the NHL automatically makes you ahead of everyone else (like, the 2013 draft I think. Drouin would still be an insane prospect in my mind but is put behind others because they're already in the NHL). You also don't get a good look at how they value Wilson since, again, he's already in the NHL.

Liberati0n*

I don't really get these. I don't think being in the NHL automatically makes you ahead of everyone else (like, the 2013 draft I think. Drouin would still be an insane prospect in my mind but is put behind others because they're already in the NHL). You also don't get a good look at how they value Wilson since, again, he's already in the NHL.

Yeah. It's a ridiculous way of doing that.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Yeah. It's a ridiculous way of doing that.

It's purely based upon their current status/performance. The scouts believe that if the draftee is currently playing in the NHL then they have fulfilled their draft promise hence why they are now at the top of their draft class. Whereas it's more about examining those still in the juniors or AHL from that same draft class. A year from now, those currently in the juniors or the AHL could be in the NHL and leap frog those currently playing in the NHL who were drafted in the same year. Bottom line it's just an opinion poll of scouts, nothing more. Strictly for entertainment purposes and not for evaluating the full potential of the draftees.

The most interesting part of both articles is to see who had been drafted high and has now dropped out of the top 30 from the scouts perspective. Again its an assessment of each draftees development process against their fellow draftee.

Liberati0n*

It's purely based upon their current status/performance. The scouts believe that if the draftee is currently playing in the NHL then they have fulfilled their draft promise hence why they are now at the top of their draft class. Whereas it's more about examining those still in the juniors or AHL from that same draft class. A year from now, those currently in the juniors or the AHL could be in the NHL and leap frog those currently playing in the NHL who were drafted in the same year. Bottom line it's just an opinion poll of scouts, nothing more. Strictly for entertainment purposes and not for evaluating the full potential of the draftees.

The most interesting part of both articles is to see who had been drafted high and has now dropped out of the top 30 from the scouts perspective. Again its an assessment of each draftees development process against their fellow draftee.

Right, so just as I said....

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
What Caps are gonna do with Jaynen Rissling?

I think that it would be good idea to sign an ELC with him. 6'4 / 204, has been a captain for his team Calgary Hitmen for this season. Physical, 105 PIM and has also scored quite well on this season; in 54 games 8+29=37 points. Plusminus +4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad