Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Prospects Thread

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Burakovsky with a nice game tonight, played strong defensively.

Scored the dagger on a breakaway to make it 2-0 with just over a minute left.

Erie up 3-0 going for the sweep tomorrow night.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Burakovsky with 1+1 as Erie sweeps Sault Ste Marie. Now they can sit back and see who emerges from the Guelph/London series.

noptov

Jan 27, 2009
Mclean, VA
Definitely glad Burakovsky decided to come over and play for Erie. He already had experienced the challenge of playing against full grown men in Sweden and now he has a season of adapting to the North American rink/style. Not to mention the challenge of playoff hockey and playing a leading role on his squad.

Hopefully, he can keep it up next season in Hershey - where I hope he's headed. For that matter, I'd like to see him there on a line with Wilson.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
I haven't watched any NCAA this year but Boyd looks really good in this Championship game.

Agreed, he is one of those prospects that you forget about but he looks solid, top 5 in points on one of the best teams in the country. He should go back for his senior year and then devolop in Hershey for a year or 2

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
What Caps are gonna do with Jaynen Rissling?

I think that it would be good idea to sign an ELC with him. 6'4 / 204, has been a captain for his team Calgary Hitmen for this season. Physical, 105 PIM and has also scored quite well on this season; in 54 games 8+29=37 points. Plusminus +4.

Mike Vogel ‏@VogsCaps 9s
#Caps have traded defenseman Jaynen Rissling to Nashville for a 7th round pick in the 2014 NHL Draft.

What's the point... might as well keep him and see if he pans out, no? Unless they didn't plan to sign him...

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Mike Vogel ‏@VogsCaps 11m
#Caps have traded defenseman Jaynen Rissling to Nashville for a 7th round pick in the 2014 NHL Draft.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
What does Nashville know about evaluating defensemen anyway? :sarcasm:

Given the amount of time that passed since Calgary was eliminated it's not surprising. If they were going to sign him it should have happened already. They could have signed him a year ago and turned him pro due to his late birthdate but didn't. IMO Cajkovsky brings everything to the table that Rissling does and then some. So as long as they keep him around one way or another it's not much of a loss organizationally. We're talking about a 6/7 at best.

Still curious whether Djoos gets signed or not. That one's a bit trickier since he'll probably want to remain with Brynas for now but it ought to be done. Hard to believe they couldn't get a late pick for him as well if not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad