Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Prospects Thread

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, I would like to know who are the prospects in your system that should be able to crack your line-up for next year?

Barring a move to youth...most likely Wilson/Kuz. If a youth move would be Bura. With Trotz at the helm not sure what to know about younglings breaking in.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Hey guys, I would like to know who are the prospects in your system that should be able to crack your line-up for next year?

I think Patrick Wey should occupy #3RD. If he doesn't, it's possible that Nate Schmidt becomes #3LD.

Michael Latta and Chris Brown will fight for 4th line spots.

Slappy

May 29, 2007
I think trotz is hard on young guys, so I wouldn't expect too much more playing time for guys like Wilson. But who knows.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I think trotz is hard on young guys, so I wouldn't expect too much more playing time for guys like Wilson. But who knows.

Trotz loves players that at all times give their full efforts. Wilson was one of the few in the team that consistently did that (without getting rewarded) last season. Therefore i don't think fans should be concerned about Wilson, but Kuznetsov needs to work twice as hard in the summer now that Trotz is in charge.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Trotz is consistent about one thing, young players don't get ice time. I do think Kuz and Wilson will get a fair shot though.

Burakovsky is a year away and Bowey and Djoos are two. Carrick needs a full season in Hershey, maybe two.

I think Wey and Schmidt will get a shot at 5/6 work. If Green is traded who knows how everyone slots in. My biggest hope for this off season is the Caps get rid of Mojo (as part of a package) for a 2/3 Dman.

That gives them new guy/Carlson/Alzner/Orlov to start the season. With (hopefully) Kundratek, Schmidt, Wey, Oleksy, and Erskine battling for ice time.

If Green stays I am not concerned (other than his cap hit) as he will be in and out of the lineup anyway with various injuries.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Like everyone else, it depends on their work ethic and consistency levels. I don't think it's Trotz's intention specifically not to play younger players, he just has standards and if they're not met he's not going to play a young player just to play them. That's what the AHL is for. Young players won't be rushed and in many respects that's a good thing. It's how organizations should develop. Hopefully Trotz doesn't err too much on the side of caution, though. There needs to be room for creativity along the way or else they run the risk of certain young players growing away from what makes them special in the first place.

If the organization can get prospects to make better decisions, have a high work ethic and more of an explosive dimension to their games then they're going to be well position going forward. Being able to truly do that should make them deeper and better positioned to make core upgrades if needed.

Liberati0n*

Brower and Orlov seem to work the hardest every shift. to bad Semin doesn't have Browers determination..dude would be sick

I just wish Brouwer could win hold his own in ****ing board battles. It's ridiculous.

Irrelevant for the purposes of building a hockey team, but if Brouwer had Semin's ability would he still show as much determination? That's all the matters for judging them as people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->