Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Prospects Thread

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Not overly surprising I guess, though he is going pro a year early. I hope they try to mold him into more of a defensive-minded, PKing energy center. I think that's his best path to the NHL but he'll need to bulk up for it. It might make signing Czarnik a bit redundant. Then again, Hershey (or whoever their affiliate ends up being if not them) could use a more wholesale youth movement. Add in Burakovsky and perhaps Barber next year and they're looking at a much younger team than they've been for some time. Faster, too.

Some televised conference tournament action coming up:
Notre Dame vs. Mass-Lowell @ 5 on NBCSN
Miami vs. North Dakota @ 8:30 on CBSN

Chandler S. as well for Hershey. Unless he is not eligible yet.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Chandler S. as well for Hershey. Unless he is not eligible yet.
Good point. Him too. Plenty of spots free at this point, even if they're bound to add some vets. On the blueline, still curious who is signed among Djoos, Rissling & Haar. To me I'd only sign Djoos and let him remain in the SHL if he likes for the time being. Rissling is a bit of borderline. Maybe it comes down to him or, say, Cajkovsky or a college free agent but, again, plenty of room on the ol' depth chart at this point.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Good point. Him too. Plenty of spots free at this point, even if they're bound to add some vets. On the blueline, still curious who is signed among Djoos, Rissling & Haar. To me I'd only sign Djoos and let him remain in the SHL if he likes for the time being. Rissling is a bit of borderline. Maybe it comes down to him or, say, Cajkovsky or a college free agent but, again, plenty of room on the ol' depth chart at this point.

I may be mistaken, but I think they can sign him to an AHL deal -- Caps hold his rights for one more year.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Got THN's Future Watch 2014 issue. This is the Caps' top 10:

1. Evgeny Kuznetsov
2. Andre Burakovsky
3. Nate Schmidt
4. Michael Latta
5. Patrick Wey
6. Riley Barber
7. Madison Bowey
8. Stanislav Galiev
9. Chandler Stephenson
10. Zach Sanford

Barber behind Schmidt/Latta/Wey surprised me, and I'm not sure why Grubauer isn't there. Kuznetsov ranked 6th on the league-wide prospect rankings and Burakovsky is 19th.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Got THN's Future Watch 2014 issue. This is the Caps' top 10:

1. Evgeny Kuznetsov
2. Andre Burakovsky
3. Nate Schmidt
4. Michael Latta
5. Patrick Wey
6. Riley Barber
7. Madison Bowey
8. Stanislav Galiev
9. Chandler Stephenson
10. Zach Sanford

Barber behind Schmidt/Latta/Wey surprised me, and I'm not sure why Grubauer isn't there. Kuznetsov ranked 6th on the league-wide prospect rankings and Burakovsky is 19th.

Very odd list after the top two. Barber and Bowey seem low.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Pinho had a hat trick last night. Eight points in his last four games and 17 in his last 10 games.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I wonder if Burakovsky pushes for a roster spot next year or if they'll call him up to play big minutes in the AHL.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Erie lost in OT (2 goals Andre). Erie leads the series 2-1

some comments from the Erie thread (OHL Section):

Kingpin 794: "Oh and Burakovsky has to has the best shot in the league."

Otterly Disappoint: "Strome also looked very good, and Burakovsky is just on another level."

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Burakovsky on the board in Game 4 with Erie leading 4-2. He's on a ten game goal scoring streak.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Burakovsky on the board in Game 4 with Erie leading 4-2. He's on a ten game goal scoring streak.

It's hard not to get excited about this kid. I don't think anyone could have predicted he'd do this well in the OHL this season. Kuz and Burakovski will be a very welcome talent injection in the top 6, and they're both LH.

I do wonder though, how much of his success is his skill and development and how much is it him playing with McDavid?

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
It's hard not to get excited about this kid. I don't think anyone could have predicted he'd do this well in the OHL this season. Kuz and Burakovski will be a very welcome talent injection in the top 6, and they're both LH.

I do wonder though, how much of his success is his skill and development and how much is it him playing with McDavid?

During this 10 game goal streak Burakovsky has been on the second line with Michael Curtis and Dylan Strome.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hah! Shows what I know (or don't). Thanks for correcting me. Has AB really been that dominant?

in the last 10 games? Yes. He is just dominating. He went through a pretty cold stretch in February but he has been lights out in March. 14 goals and 9 assists in 11 games (including the four playoff games thus far). When he is on his game he is probably the most dangerous scorer in the league. You simply cannot give him any space to shoot cutting in from the wing or it's probably going in your net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad