Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Prospects Thread

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I guess this is likely primarily based on input from the scouting team, and a lot to do with the Caps being so close to the 50 contract limit. They'll need one for Djoos, who is a better prospect, and like Langway said Cajkovsky brings everything to the table that Rissling does.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The contract limit shouldn't be a factor in an immediate sense because these ELCs don't kick in until next year. I think they're at 33 for next year and two of those are eligible to slide (Burakovsky & Bowey). It's probably more of a long-term assessment on the player, although for me they could use more developmental projects and fewer AAAA types under NHL contract.

Rissling's skating has always been an issue and he likely would have been yet another prospect stuck in the ECHL. Whereas if they do sign Cajkovsky to an ELC he's perhaps ready to stick in the AHL. I'm a bit surprised that netted a seventh rounder because even in a thinner draft I would have been surprised if he'd been re-drafted. (For that matter I doubt Walker will be either...)

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Burakovsky sustained some sort of leg injury in the first period and was not on the bench in the second.

Really hope he is back in the third because Erie needs his offense now more than ever.

EDIT: Erie's and Burakovsky's season come to a close. Likely the last time we will have seen him in an Otters jersey.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Sanford with an ENG as Waterloo advances over Sioux City to the USHL final to play Indiana (Pinho's team).

Heinrich was a +1 with a fight in his last USHL game. Curious now whether he heads to Portland/WHL and whether he either plays for them in the WHL final vs. Edmonton or perhaps in the Memorial Cup should they advance.

AlexOvechking

Jun 27, 2012
How does the talks around Christian Djoos go? I think Caps should sign him up. He was steady this season in SHL, playing very solid and mature for his age.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
How does the talks around Christian Djoos go? I think Caps should sign him up. He was steady this season in SHL, playing very solid and mature for his age.

He wants to stay with Brynas for another year, but wants a contract from the Capitals. He's still only 19, so I hope the Capitals sign him before losing him.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
‏@ToddVrooman: Blake Heinrich (@Heiny16) will make his WHL debut tonight. Hawks dressing 11 forwards, 7 defenseman

Game 4 of the WHL Final. No biggie.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@VogsCaps: The #Caps have extended bona fide offers to 2013 draftees Blake Heinrich and Tyler Lewington to extend the club's rights another year.

Haar, at RD, didn't do much for me in what action I saw. Even as a '93 he didn't seem to have any sort of physical advantage. (Dumba was really bad and hasn't seemed to have bulked up at all.) De Leo was pretty solid. He's a second rounder IMO. Iverson probably third.

Eller had a nice game. He and Kulda are a couple of interesting draft re-entry candidates in the mid-to-late rounds.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
Djoos officially signed to ELC. Will play next season in Sweden.

Good news. He definitely needs another year over there and another year to add to his small frame. I think he is only like 160 pounds which wouldnt last in the AHL.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Goalie prospect Steffen Søberg played three matches for Norway (against Sweden, Czech Republic and Canada), posted a .948 save percentage on over 100+ shots.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sanford put Waterloo up in the second period during the deciding game 5 but Pinho just scored with 2 minutes left to give Indiana a 3-2 lead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad