Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Yeah, I hope it's not too bad. In football the teams usually do a MRI immediately to confirm if it's an ACL. I guess there could be a lot of swelling but I don't know why you would wait to do a MRI if it's something very serious.

ACL injuries are pretty easy to diagnose w/o MRI, so early reports that it sounds bad ... that's not good. Of course they MRI to confirm, but darn.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
So what do they do until he's having an MRI. Just have him hop around on cruthces? If it's a ACL/MCL injury wouldn't you want surgery as soon as possible?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So what do they do until he's having an MRI. Just have him hop around on cruthces? If it's a ACL/MCL injury wouldn't you want surgery as soon as possible?

Their probably waiting until the swelling goes down or seeing if the body is starting to repair itself. OR they couldn't find any doctors on a Sunday because they're golfing.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Their probably waiting until the swelling goes down or seeing if the body is starting to repair itself. OR they couldn't find any doctors on a Sunday because they're golfing.

THey don't need to wait for swelling to go down for an MRI, but they do for surgery. Is that what you mean?

oops... I quoted the wrong post. Meant to answer this: "So what do they do until he's having an MRI. Just have him hop around on cruthces? If it's a ACL/MCL injury wouldn't you want surgery as soon as possible?"

He may or may not be on crutches. Probably in a brace. Everyone is a little different, regarding stability post injury.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Watching the replay I thought Landeskog took the worse of the collision. Tanguay never seemed to be in any awkward knee position, in any case I'm very worried about this one.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Tangs missed the last eight games last year with a sprained MCL. Certainly looked like he might have tweaked something, and it definitely didn't look that good that his leg just appeared to give out on him.

The Avs biggest strength in their offensive depth sure will take a bit of a hit after trading Downie, and potentially losing Tanguay.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Tangs missed the last eight games last year with a sprained MCL. Certainly looked like he might have tweaked something, and it definitely didn't look that good that his leg just appeared to give out on him.

The Avs biggest strength in their offensive depth sure will take a bit of a hit after trading Downie, and potentially losing Tanguay.

What a bad timing to trade Downie. Well, life is full of surprises, so you never know. We got lucky Downie was healthy for 10 games he played for us. He's a maniac who will get injured a lot. Talbot has been okay though, but he's not as good stunt for top-6 role as Downie. Downie is more skilled offensively.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I hope we get an update today and that he'll be back sometime during the season like 4 to 6 weeks at worst. I really hope its not season ending. Just when everything seemed like nothing could go wrong. What a bad week for the avs even though they keep on winning.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Why do you guys think Tanguay 's injury is very serious?

He did skate off the ice on his own didn't he? He wasn't like carried off or anything. Maybe it isn't very serious

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

He did skate off the ice on his own didn't he? He wasn't like carried off or anything. Maybe it isn't very serious

He couldn't put any weight on that leg when going off.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

ACL injuries are like snowflakes, no two are the same. I've seen plenty where there looked like a slight tweek to the knee, and the player walked off only to find out later the ACL was torn. I have also seen knees twisted multiple times only to have a torn meniscus or MCL.

This one falls in the 1st category since it didn't look all that bad. I think it was either a sprain or a bad bruise.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah McGinn most certainly will play Wednesday, specially without Tanguay in the line up

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Two weeks or more.

Marc Moser ‏@RadioMoser 2m
Coach Roy says Alex Tanguay will be out minimum of 2 weeks. Also, Avs sending Barrie to L.E. to play a lot & recalling Matt Hunwick.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Marc Moser ‏@RadioMoser 2m
Coach Roy says Alex Tanguay will be out minimum of 2 weeks. Also, Avs sending Barrie to L.E. to play a lot & recalling Matt Hunwick.

Must be fairly minor.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Anyone been watching how Hunwick has played in the AHL?

I always figured Barrie>Hunwick, but i take it Roy and coaching team does not see the same way i do.

I think it is more the act that Barrie needs to play games, and Hunwick is a master at eating nachos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad