Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This is exactly why Avs need one top and legit top 2 d-man.

God forbid EJ gets hurt long term there is no one that can replace him. Barrie has been in Roy's dog house all season so far, I don't think he's ready or could play top 2 minutes long term.

Who else could move up or get called up for top 2 if EJ not available long term?

Again everyone should cross fingers that nothing happens to EJ all season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Terry Frei @TFOlympicAffair
Patrick Roy says Tanguay will have MRI Sunday or Monday, will know more then.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Hope it's just a bad bruise but it might be a fracture.

At least we have the depth to overcome this. McGinn should be back soon and Cliche is really carving our a nice niche for himself, I liked him with Talbot tonight.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Terry Frei @TFOlympicAffair
Patrick Roy says Tanguay will have MRI Sunday or Monday, will know more then.
Dater says it could be bad. I don't like hearing the stuff about MRI, because it definitely sounds worrisome. I saw him leave the ice gingerly, but didn't really see what happened.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dater says it could be bad. I don't like hearing the stuff about MRI, because it definitely sounds worrisome. I saw him leave the ice gingerly, but didn't really see what happened.

Yeah, I hope it's not too bad. In football the teams usually do a MRI immediately to confirm if it's an ACL. I guess there could be a lot of swelling but I don't know why you would wait to do a MRI if it's something very serious.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They did a MRI on EJ's foot so MRI in itself is not indicative of anything terrible. They probably do a MRI on pretty much every injury. That said, fingers crossed because you never know with knee injuries.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
if it's bad, looks like our two options for lines are:

ROR-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-STastny-MacKinnon
McGinn-Malkin-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

or

ROR-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-McGinn
Mitchell-MacKinnon-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Sgarbossa called up to take tanguay's spot though

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'll go with door number one. Dater seems to think MacK is the one moving, though it's impossible to tell when he's speculating out of his ass or if he's heard something. I think Malone gets called up. He's been the best forward in LE. Plus Sgar is injured (though no clue if it's a hangnail or ACL, there is zero info that comes out of there and Plagens has absolutely no desire to share any). I would have guessed Malone prior to the injury anyway.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
if it's bad, looks like our two options for lines are:

ROR-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-STastny-MacKinnon
McGinn-Malkin-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

or

ROR-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-McGinn
Mitchell-MacKinnon-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Sgarbossa called up to take tanguay's spot though

Highly unlikely. With MacKinnon's goal tonight after the injury I have a feeling he'll play right wing for the time being with Stastny and Landeskog, and the third and fourth lines being what you had in the first option. No reason at all to call up Sgarbossa and give him minutes that MacKinnon deserves more

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Roy said Ginner was ready to go tonight, but they didn't want to take any chances and thought the extra rest until Wednesday was optimal. Let's assume he'll be close to 100% for the Preds.

Probably:

O'Reilly - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - Stastny - MacKinnon
McGinn - Mitchell - Talbot
McLeod - Cliche - Bordeleau

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
I'll go with door number one. Dater seems to think MacK is the one moving, though it's impossible to tell when he's speculating out of his ass or if he's heard something. I think Malone gets called up. He's been the best forward in LE. Plus Sgar is injured (though no clue if it's a hangnail or ACL, there is zero info that comes out of there and Plagens has absolutely no desire to share any). I would have guessed Malone prior to the injury anyway.
Didn't realize sgar was injured, figure he had a more appropriate offensive game for the role than Malone (if it were a bottom 6er I would have said Malone)

Only issue with moving Mack is that you're taking him out of the center role which might hinder his development slightly...Roy knows better than I though

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm not a fan of MacK on the wing extensively myself because his future is at center but it wouldn't be a bad move in this situation. How does that affect them as a shut down line though?

Malone has played very well for the Monsters, I honestly don't see them recommending anyone else over him.

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
I'm not a fan of MacK on the wing extensively myself because his future is at center but it wouldn't be a bad move in this situation. How does that affect them as a shut down line though?

Malone has played very well for the Monsters, I honestly don't see them recommending anyone else over him.

MacK on the wing in top 6 then double shift him at C on the 4th so he still gets to practice being a C :p

a lot of young centers spend some time at wing, i don't think it will hurt his development or game at all.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

Pretty much my exact thoughts. Keep MacKinnon as the third line center and move McGinn up to the second line. Malone should be the first call-up if we need to call up anyone.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I definitely want to see Malone called up to see what he can do. And I want him on the 3rd line ahead of Mitchell, who is perfect for the 4th line. Yes, Mitchell might deserve the promotion more, but I just don't think he is a good fit there. He should be on the 4th line with a lot of PK time.

O'Reilly-Duchene-PAP
Landy-Stastny-McKinnon
McGinn-Malone-Talbot
McLeod-Mitchell-Cliche

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Jeez, I don't really want to see MacKinnon moved to Wing if he's supposed to be one of our Top-2 Centers in the future, I feel it will ultimately hurt his development.

But, as someone pointed out, our Top-9 is "deep" only if everyone is healthy, when they get injured we see that we may not be as deep as originally thought.

I want to win, but I also want MacKinnon to be that Center that he's supposed to be.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Odds are it wouldn't be for the rest of the season... hell it might only be for a game or two. I have a hard time seeing how a short period of time would hurt MacKinnon's development at all (debatable if it reaches a 20-30 game stretch, even then it is still just debatable not for sure). Especially if it is on a line with Stastny who can show/teach him on the ice how to play a very solid all around game at center and get tough minute assignments to see what it is like playing the best teams have to offer night in and night out.

Really the top 9 is stacked still. The Avs had 9 top 6 caliber players at the beginning of the season, 3 are gone/injured and the Avs are still able to put up one of the better top 6s in the league. The third line gets diminished, but a McGinn-Mitchell-Talbot line should still be a very good line. It just that nobody will mistake it for a 2nd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad