Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Am I alone in thinking that if EJ is 50/50 as of now, then he should just rest until saturday? There's no way he'll be 100% tomorrow if he's 50/50 decision right now and back injuries for a defensemen, if not healed fully, can easily get tweaked mid-game and get worse. I realize our defense is a mess without him unless Holden can pull another great game out of his arse but I think a game vs. the east would be the best to rest EJ
Injuries are funny, when it's muscular sometimes a player feels better with exertion, but I hear you...
Is there something from Roy today?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I wouldn't mind seeing Landy-Mack-Tangs

Landeskog needs to play with Stastny. Duchene and MacKinnon's games do not compliment Landy well. Just my opinion.

O'Reilly-Duchene
Landeskog-Stastny

Those two pairs should never be split up. Mix and match their wingers and find some dudes to get chemistry with MacK or stick him on the wing.

Considering how uber-elite shutdown the Landy-Staz-Tangs line was, it wouldn't surprise me to see them reunited either.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Landeskog needs to play with Stastny. Duchene and MacKinnon's games do not compliment Landy well. Just my opinion.

O'Reilly-Duchene
Landeskog-Stastny

Those two pairs should never be split up. Mix and match their wingers and find some dudes to get chemistry with MacK or stick him on the wing.

Considering how uber-elite shutdown the Landy-Staz-Tangs line was, it wouldn't surprise me to see them reunited either.

Very true, PAP and McGinn seemed to be best with Mackinnon, though I think one of those two and Talbot will have to be the solution. I'd probably go with Talbot-MacK-PAP as Talbot would help mitigate the lack of defense. Keep McGinn with Duchene for now.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I posted this idea in another thread but it got lost among a bunch of posts right after it. What about Talbot with Staz and Landy. It adds further defense to that line and I think Talbot's game might translate better with those two than with the other players in our top 9. This would allow for a couple options...

ROR Duchene PAP
Landy Staz Talbot
McGinn Mack Tangs

OR

McGinn Duchene PAP
Landy Staz Talbot
ROR Mack Tangs

The second option I prefer less because ROR deserves top line minutes. It was just an idea if McGinn Mack Tangs was too subject defensively.

Tangs with Mack and either of McGinn or ROR allows him to pass all day to guys that have some really good shots.

Plus we all know how PAP and Dutchy work together. McGinn or ROR with those two have both had chemistry. Again I would rather ROR up on that line, but if we need more defense spread out between our top 9 its an option.

I really think that gives us the best 3 lines we could get. Talbot is really the guy we have to find a spot for. We saw what may have been a glimpse of what he and Staz and Landy could do on that rush. I personally would like to see more.

Of course this is when we are healthy and I really want no part of Mitchell in the top 9 if we can help it.

Thoughts?

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I saw a dominating Ror Staz Landy line... Ok Landy Staz Ror
Ror brings out best in line mates
After break having pap and tangs back if true would be big boost.
Looks like a great game shaping up for tonight
Go avs

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Terry Frei ‏@TFOlympicAffair 5m
Avs morning skate. Stastny is out there, but not Erik Johnson.

Who to believe, Mars or Frei?

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
It's amazing how well we can do without these guys. Wait until our team is fully healthy. I think we could win a playoff series.

Easily. As long as it's not the Blue's, I think we can beat anyone else. If playoffs started today and we were healthy we would be playing San Jose which could be brutal as well but we could win it

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Easily. As long as it's not the Blue's, I think we can beat anyone else. If playoffs started today and we were healthy we would be playing San Jose which could be brutal as well but we could win it

Nope. We'd play the Blues.

Anyhow, Mars where did you get your info from?
Own eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad