Prospect Info: 2013-14 Prospect Updates: The Start of the Jim Nill Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Through 2 of 6 games in the playoff, Rogle leads with 6 points. They have a regulation win and a SO win.

4th-7th place in HockeyAllsvenskan make the playoff. Before the playoff starts, 4th gets 4 points, 5th 3, 6th 2, and 7th 1 point. Rogle finished 7th.

Rogle's points are 1 point coming in, 2 for the SO win, and 3 for the regulation win. They are tied with Karlskrona (3 points for 5th, 3 points for win, and 0 for regulation loss).

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Rimouski and Desrosiers got touched up a bit tonight allowing 4 goals, but they managed a 5-4 OT win. Rimouski had done a good job of limiting shots, but they allowed 38 last night and 41 tonight.

They're still 2nd place in the league and their division. The OT win means they aren't in control of their destiny to win the league though. They're 2 points back, with a game in hand, but BC has more wins (and would even if they both win out).

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Maine wins tonight to advance to the Quarterfinals. The play @ Maine in a Best of 3 weekend.

Last week at home, Providence swept Maine in two games.

Maine started the day ranked 21st in ParWise. There only shot at a trip to the NCAA tournament is to win Hockey East which will be tough considering Boston College is the best team in their conference and arguably the best in the entire county.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Free agent news:

Brian Sullivan ‏@SullivanHockey

St. Lawrence, Yale advance to the quarterfinals. Dartmouth-RPI, Princeton-Clarkson will play deciding game 3's tomorrow night. #ECACHockey

St. Lawrence's Greg Carey is considered one of the top free agents in the NCAA. Unless they win the ECAC, he'll sign soon after his team is out of this tournament. Their record won't get them into the National tournament.

Reminder ... Carey is also the guy who spent time at Dallas' rookie camp two years ago.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Through 2 of 6 games in the playoff, Rogle leads with 6 points. They have a regulation win and a SO win.

4th-7th place in HockeyAllsvenskan make the playoff. Before the playoff starts, 4th gets 4 points, 5th 3, 6th 2, and 7th 1 point. Rogle finished 7th.

Rogle's points are 1 point coming in, 2 for the SO win, and 3 for the regulation win. They are tied with Karlskrona (3 points for 5th, 3 points for win, and 0 for regulation loss).

OT win today for Rogle. Molin was back from injury and picked up the primary assist on the winning goal. Niklas Hansson assisted on the 2nd goal.

They're still tied for first overall, this time with 8 points, but they have the tie breaker with only 3 games remaining. Only first place advances.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Rogle played game 4 of 6 today, and the won in regulation. They now sit alone in 1st place. Hansson picked up another assist.

They have 11 points, and 2nd place has 10 points. They play 3rd place (8 points) Karlskoga on Thursday.

If both Rogle and Mora win in regulation on Thursday, Rogle secures first place overall, and they advance at a shot to move up to the SHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
HF Prospect of the Month for February is Philippe Desrosiers

Henri Kiviaho is ranked as the 4th best drafted goalie out of Finland, but Finland-based goaltending instructor Mikko "Elmo" Eloranta said he could be a, "good backup goalie and that is it."

4. Henri Kiviaho, 19, KalPa Kuopio/KalPa U20
NHL Rights: Dallas Stars
Drafted 5th round, 144th overall, 2012

The season has not gone as well as expected in Kuopio as both the Liiga team and it's A Juniors squad have struggled, so Kiviaho's numbers are somewhat inflated.

With the club in last place in Liiga, KalPa has loaned several of its top players to other clubs, including veteran goalie Pekka Tuokola who is now playing in Sweden. With Tuokola gone, Kiviaho has been splitting the goaltending duties with Antti Ore. Kiviaho is 1-10-0 in 11 games with a 2.94 goals-against and .883 save percentage.

He had a 3.44 goals-against and .890 save percentage in 25 games for KalPa's A junior squad, which is 13th in the 16-team SM junior league.

"He's a big goalie. It's a bad team so his goalie stats are bad also," Eloranta said.

They also list some 2011 drafted goalies he went unsigned. Have to think there's at least a chance Dallas passes on signing Kiviaho, a 2012 draft pick. He just missed the window that would have allowed Dallas to hold his rights for two more years.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Dickinson with a goal and 3 primary assists as Guelph beats up Kitchner. He was the 2nd Star of the game.

Elie has 3 assists as Belleville wacks Peterbourgh 6-2. He was also 2nd Star of the game.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Rogle opens the scoring in the first period. Molin with the primary assist. With help from Mora, Rogle can clinch a shot at an SHL spot.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Rogle wins in regulation! Unfortunately Mora lost in the shootout.

Therefore Rogle with 14 total points is up 2 on Karlskrona. Both play on the road Saturday against opponents eliminated from contention.

I believe the only scenario where Rogle doesn't advance is if they lose in regulation and Karlskrona wins in regulation.

I should say I can't find the exact tie-breakder rules, but if they tied, Rogle loses in OT/SO and Karlskrona wins in regulation, both would have 3 regulation wins. However, Rogle would have 2 wins and 1 loss via OT/SO and Karlskrona would only have 1 win and 1 loss in OT/SO. Karlskrona would also have 1 regulation loss, and Rogle wouldn't have any. Karlskrona's extra point to create the tie would be the extra point they were awarded for finishing one place ahead of Rogle in the regular season.

If they tie because Rolge loses in regulation and Karlskrona wins in OT/SO, I would assume that Rogle advances based on 3 regulation wins vs. only 2 for Karlskrona.

Primetimey*

So.. Jason Dickinson and the Guelph Storm just beat Sarnia Sting 13-1.. lmfao 1G 1A for the Dicks

The funny part is, Sarnia never changed goalie.. same guy for all 13. YIKES

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Brian Burke may not believe teams tank in the NHL, but there is no question that is what is going on in Sarnia. They came into the season with two backup goalies it looks like based on stats and the fact they both are 20 and only in their 2nd season. Even though it's potentially debatable about the goalie, the damning thing is I think they haven't iced a full 18 man roster most of the 2nd half of the season, and there were at least two articles I saw claiming other teams were pissed about them blatantly tanking.

Not familiar with the OHL draft, but I assume there must be some 14/15 year old phenom.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Brian Burke may not believe teams tank in the NHL, but there is no question that is what is going on in Sarnia. They came into the season with two backup goalies it looks like based on stats and the fact they both are 20 and only in their 2nd season. Even though it's potentially debatable about the goalie, the damning thing is I think they haven't iced a full 18 man roster most of the 2nd half of the season, and there were at least two articles I saw claiming other teams were pissed about them blatantly tanking.

Not familiar with the OHL draft, but I assume there must be some 14/15 year old phenom.

Not really this year. There is no exceptional status player for this draft and by all accounts it seems to be average (I think). Chychrun (sp?) is the top guy for the draft and some people believe that he will be better than Sean day. Other than that, I haven't heard of much hype.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
So why would Sarnia try and tank? When I get off my phone and back to a computer, I want to find one of those articles. I believe it was part of the story when that draft eligible D ... forgot his name ... got suspended for the 2nd time for harassment.

Regardless, that coach seems like a di.. for hanging a young guy out to dry.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Would love for a Swedish fan to fill in the blanks and correct any mistakes, but I'm pretty sure Rogle was in the middle of a disaster season and they changed coaches this season. Somehow, they turned it around, win every single game in the 6 game playoff despite being the lowest ranked team in the mix. Now they advance to the qualification for SHL tournament.

They start the 10 game tournament on Monday, 3/17, and it runs until 4/7. There are 6 teams in this group. 2 are current SHL teams and 4 are HockeyAllsvenskan teams. 2 spots in the SHL are on the line. Unlike the last tournament, it doesn't appear teams start with points based on ranking. this one appears to start with all teams at zero.

Would not be the end of the world if Rogle doesn't advance, but Hansson has already committed to sticking with them next season regardless of where they play.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
John Klingberg's Frölunda wins Game 1 of their Best of 7 series against Linköping. John played over 23:00 in the game ... no other player broke 20 minutes. He also had 6 shots on net, but he did not pick up a point in the 3-2 win.

In a recent chat, Heika mentioned he would not be surprised if Klingberg immediately stepped into the NHL next season because he's a right shot. I'm starting to believe he might be right based on zero righties on the team.

aloonda*

John Klingberg's Frölunda wins Game 1 of their Best of 7 series against Linköping. John played over 23:00 in the game ... no other player broke 20 minutes. He also had 6 shots on net, but he did not pick up a point in the 3-2 win.

In a recent chat, Heika mentioned he would not be surprised if Klingberg immediately stepped into the NHL next season because he's a right shot. I'm starting to believe he might be right based on zero righties on the team.

hope so hope so hope so

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
My gut tells me he'll feel he has unfinished business in Maine, but Drew Shore's season just ended in the Hockey East tournament.

He finishes the season with 14 goals and 29 assists for 43 points in 34 games. His situation is different from Reilly Smith in that he doesn't need to prove he can produce without upperclassman support. Shore has led the way for Maine as a freshman and sophomore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad