Prospect Info: 2013-14 Prospect Updates: The Start of the Jim Nill Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Desrosiers continuing the strong play with 38 saves on 40 shots. He has really picked it up in the back half of the season after struggling early on.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Same with Sinitsyn, 1G, 2A through 2 periods tonight.

On a semi-side note, Sinitsyn did an interview between periods the other day and had this to say.

"Can you walk us through that goal, Dmitry?" -Interviewer

"I shot the puck" -Sinitsyn

I hope him and Razor have many conversations like that in the future.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
8 goals and 34 assists (42 pts) in 63 games for Sinitsyn.

My money is still on an overage year, but this guy is picking up his game in a huge way.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
8 goals and 34 assists (42 pts) in 63 games for Sinitsyn.

My money is still on an overage year, but this guy is picking up his game in a huge way.

I think that's a certainty right now, like Troy Vance he got a late start to his Major Junior career, but missing almost a full season before his draft I think solidifies that decision.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Henri Kiviaho recently lost 4-0 in a Liiga match, but this publication thinks he was one of the best players. Said you couldn't blame the 4 on him.

That's true, he's a 20yo rookie playing behind the worst team in the league that also sold almost all players of any value, including the starting goalie. That made them even worse, so it's likely they will surrender 3+ goals every game for the rest of the season. Sad that the league has come to this (getting rid of the relegation round).

So yeah Kiviaho has been doing the best he can, while still getting adjusted to the faster pace of the men's games.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Klingberg had a rather large game scoring 1 goal and picking up 2 asssists in a 6-1 win.

Stats here ... highlights as well.

The goal was a nice PP point shot, but his assist on the first goal might have been the better highlight. He picked up the puck behind his net, and he skated end to end before dumping off the puck to the eventual goal scorer.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Rogle ... Niklas Hansson and Emil Molin's team ... have locked up a spot in the 4 team playoff for the final spot in the tournament for promotion to the SHL.

They play their final regular season game tomorrow, and the playoff starts on Thursday. The teams play 6 games (a home and home against each team in the playoff) over 10 days ending on the 15th. The winner of the playoff joins the top 3 teams in Hockey Allsvenskan to challenge for a spot in the SHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Maine getting swept by Providence forced them into the one game 1st round of Hockey East.

They play at home against Merrimack on Saturday night. Winner advances to the Quarterfinals.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Desrosiers and Rimouski have the 2nd most points in the Q. Unfortunately, the number 1 team Baie-Comeau is in their division.

Rimouski is 5 points back with a game in hand, they have 6 games remaining in the season, and they have a two game weekend series against Baie-Comeau this weekend.

Rimouski is on an 11-0-0 streak. They haven't lost since February 1st.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Rimouski wins game in hand. 3 points back with 2 head to head games against league leader.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Should I be getting excited at all about Sinitsyn? Because I am a little bit

After not playing for 2 seasons essentially ... he immediately stepped into arguably the more physical of the three CHL leagues and is producing as well as you'd expect from a guy in his 19 year old season.

Makes you wonder how good he would have been without all these development delays.

For comparison ... in Brenden Dillon's 19/20 season he had 14 points (2+12) in 67 games.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Saw Gemel Smith play last night. He had 2G/2A. He's got a nose for the net, good hands, think he has potential to be a 50-55 point winger, similar potential to Reilly Smith.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Looks like Desrosiers had another awesome night saving 38 of 39 while Rimouski pelted the other team's goalies. :yo:

Most impressive thing might be the other team was Baie-Comeau the top team in the league. They play them again tonight.

If Desrosiers and Rimouski win out, they'll finish the season as the top team in the Q. They are only 3 points back of BC with a game in hand. Win tonight would be 1 back with game in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA