Prospect Info: 2013-14 Prospect Updates: The Start of the Jim Nill Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
According to Mark Edwards, Guptill signs with Dallas. He's going pro.

I should go check the CBA, but I think this will be a 2 year deal since he's 22 years old. I always forget if the cut off is 21 or 22 for 3 year deals. I'll probably just wait though since the Stars will have the year length in the release.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I'm *very* please Guptill is going pro. Awwwww yissss, hope he's in the game this weekend.

Primetimey*

Time for him to act like a pro after signing that contract. Hope things go good for this guy.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
If stolarz is suspended 5 games we are screwed. Patterson is not a quality goalie.

See this is what I feared, and I hate that you essentially confirmed it with first hand knowledge.

I get that's been a chippy series, but good lord how dense is Stolarz? I had no clue about the other swing and miss incident recently so this makes this situation even more absurd. You just saw a freaking guy get 4 for no head contact.

I don't think there's any way he gets less than 5, and that's an absolute, ridiculous shame on him ... not the OHL.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Stolarz is actually a really nice intelligent guy. I assume he has had enough of the extracurriculars around his crease after having his leg sliced open earlier this year and requiring over 50 stitches.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The lineup was just released, Bystrom will play for U20 Farjestad today on the top pair. I think the game starts in about an hour ... 19:00 Sweden time, and IIRC they're 6 hours ahead.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Stolarz is actually a really nice intelligent guy. I assume he has had enough of the extracurriculars around his crease after having his leg sliced open earlier this year and requiring over 50 stitches.

Being nice and intelligent has nothing to do with him doing stupid things during the game. I'm good example, I have done some stupid **** when playing sports and I score high on intelligent tests. I'm also regarded as a nice guy. Probably a million more example out there. It was a dirty play by Stolarz, but is has nothing to do with how intelligent or nice he is.

Sorry this just irked me.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I completely agree, I am just clearing up the type of person he is. Actions like this can paint a negative light on a person and he is one of the few plauers on the knights I actually respect.

I would consider myself a nice, intelligent person too. Have I slashed somebody (a girl as well) when somebody poked my glove? :nod:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I completely agree, I am just clearing up the type of person he is. Actions like this can paint a negative light on a person and he is one of the few plauers on the knights I actually respect.

This caught me off guard. Is it because most are just knucklehead teenagers or is there a character problem in London?

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
This caught me off guard. Is it because most are just knucklehead teenagers or is there a character problem in London?

Both. It's not like they are terrible people, but some of them are very egotistical. People like Domi and the Rupert twins have major attitude issues that can be very problematic. Many of the players can be characterized as lazy, as well.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Both. It's not like they are terrible people, but some of them are very egotistical. People like Domi and the Rupert twins have major attitude issues that can be very problematic. Many of the players can be characterized as lazy, as well.

Yeah, I think there is something about that Hunter's Knights prestige ******** that makes them think they deserve to win/be respected rather than actually earning it. They are an awesome team but can sometimes be the laziest, crappiest team :dunno:

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Russian judge gives Ho-sang a 10/10 on the dive. I hope stolarz gets a suspension just to shut the Windsor fans up.

I wouldn't call it a dive at all. Those goalie sticks are heavy as ****, and to the back of your head? Yeah, my ears would've been ringing and I'd go down too.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden

I would consider myself a nice, intelligent person too. Have I slashed somebody (a girl as well) when somebody poked my glove? :nod:

Oh, all good then. :)

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
He got 8 games. Wow.

How does this impact the Memorial Cup? Let's say they sweep Windsor ... 7 games to go. What if they get eliminated in 4-6 by Guelph, SSM, or Erie .. whoever they play next?

Yikes ... could you imagine not having him for 1 or 3 games in the Memorial Cup?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Good ...

Ryan Pyette ‏@RyanatLFPress

OHL says Stolarz should've received a match penalty on the play. He got a 2-minute high-sticking penalty.

That ref in full view is ridiculous. This should cost him some games in the playoffs (I'm assuming like everyone else your ratings get you into the bigger and bigger games). It's absurd in a series that's already been as out of hand as this one that the ref gives 2 minutes for that.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I like what the OHL did. The stick swinging was bush league and a very stupid move by Stolarz. Appropriate suspension for such actions.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
G, whats the report on Winther? What happened to him this year injury/production-wise?

All I know is Denis Hollland seems to love him. He's said several times he could be a Darren Helm type.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Hopefully Jake Patterson is up to the task. He has been horrid this season, but he did lead us to the Memorial Cup semifinals last year. If the knights could keep scoring 10 goals a game we should be fine ;)

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Stolarz will play in the Memorial Cup. The OHL didn't come out and say it, but his suspension will be reviewed in the chance London doesn't play 8 more games.

London reporter is saying the will for sure rescind it so he can play.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Alex Guptill not confirmed yet, but he is thanking people on Twitter for congratulating him on new contract. I think he might have some inside info on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad