2012 NHL RE--DRAFT !!

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I looked up a thread about a 2012 redraft. The first comment I saw was completely wrong.

Why do people get so offended when threads are bumped and they are pointed out how wrong their opinion was? Hold your L.
What L did I take? You literally replied to one comment you got so upset over (that was from months back) that you decided to bump the whole thread just to correct him.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
What L did I take? You literally replied to one comment you got so upset over (that was from months back) that you decided to bump the whole thread just to correct him.
That I got so upset over? I said “Pardon?”

Again, I don’t understand why people get so offended when they get called out for their awful opinions/predictions.

Merry Christmas!

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I think it's a fair bump, people deserve to eat crow where needed. It may be petty, but it does offer some sort of redemption. I'll allow the bumper. It's not like he bumped a thread from years ago, it's quite recent.

How are people deserving to eat crow? Were they supposed to guess that Rielly was going to be on pace for almost 100 pts this season?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
You are all wrong...

1. Mark Jankowski

Humongous gap

2. Hampus Lindholm
3. Andrei Vasilevskiy
4. Jaccob Slavin
5. Colton Parayko
6. Morgan Rielly
7. Mathew Dumba
8. Alex Galchenyuk
9. Jacob Trouba
10. Connor Hellebuyck

Having Parayko ahead of Rielly, Dumba is just downright hilarious. Trouba is better than him as well.

Last edited:

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
How are people deserving to eat crow? Were they supposed to guess that Rielly was going to be on pace for almost 100 pts this season?

No it's not, but it's also not realistic for them to call Leaf fans delusional when it was clear Rielly was a top player even before this season started. He was a 1-D as early as last season, he wasn't being given any credit or shown any respect.

I'm not saying the people that didn't have him in their top 5 deserve to eat crow, because that's totally unreasonable to predict, i agree. It's the people that just kept pushing Rielly down and ignored his potential and growth.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I looked up a thread about a 2012 redraft. The first comment I saw was completely wrong.

Why do people get so offended when threads are bumped and they are pointed out how wrong their opinion was? Hold your L.
Still pretty debatable

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Just realized both Forsberg and Galchenyuk have the same amount of points (255).

Galchenyuk
418GP ; 108G ; 147A

Forsberg
331GP ; 117G ; 138A
And?

Its pretty clear the top 3 are Rielly, Forsberg and Vasi. Lots of good d and goalies in this draft afterall. Rare to see so many good goalies. Vasi helly andersen murray all in one draft.

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I don't care that OP put Reilly as the best player in the draft.

But that write up is embarrassing.
"He faces the toughest matchups, and has the most difficult usage, has made it look easy"

Really bad explanation. Rielly is not good defensively, and he DOESNT make it look easy in his own zone.
Also he doesn't have the toughest usage in the NHL
He's not even in the top 40 in TOI/G

Reactions: ginomini

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Is this really getting a bump just because Reily is putting up points with Toronto's stacked offense...practically any moderately good offensive D-man can do that on the Leafs or Lightning if they have been healthy all season....all you need to do is give the puck to Tavares, Matthews, or Marner...not exactly the worst situation to be in....the offense doesn't exactly flow through him.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Is this really getting a bump just because Reily is putting up points with Toronto's stacked offense...practically any moderately good offensive D-man can do that on the Leafs or Lightning if they have been healthy all season....all you need to do is give the puck to Tavares, Matthews, or Marner...not exactly the worst situation to be in....the offense doesn't exactly flow through him.

Lol ok bud

Reactions: hamzarocks
Mar 14, 2011
Umm, Gardiner and Hedman have been 2 of the most productive Dman in the league this past 2 years yet they aren't putting numbers anywhere close Rielly's. You can add Barrie in their as well, considering he plays a significant amount of time with the Rantanen line and has been a very strong offensive Dman now for 5 or so year, and while his putting up very good numbers, its still no where close to Rielly's.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
And?

Its pretty clear the top 3 are Rielly, Forsberg and Vasi. Lots of good d and goalies in this draft afterall. Rare to see so many good goalies. Vasi helly andersen murray all in one draft.

And what? I was just pointing out they had 255 pts each.

Not pushing some sort of agenda.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
First of all I seen Reilly and I laughed(I knew you where a Leafs fan) and secondly a “Re-Draft” should have more than 5 players.

1. Oilers:
• Hellebuyck
-
Edmonton picks the best Goalie available, that said I’m aware Hellebuyck is not the top rated player in the draft(there are atleast 5-10 higher ranked players today IMO, but Oilers biggest need is Goaltending).

2. Columbus:
• Foresberg
-
Columbus leaves the draft with the best player available through the draft who can play a 200ft game and score with ease.

3. Montreal:
• Lindholm
-
Montreal selects the best defencemen available who is a Top 3 Defensive Defensemen in the NHL today, it fits the need and they get the BPA at this pick

4. Islanders:
• Trouba:
-
Islanders select the 2nd best Defensemen of the draft who exempts not only a very strong Defensive and physical game but also a very strong Offensive one as well.

5. Toronto:
• Slavin
-
The Leafs desperately need a big physical shutdown Defensemen and that’s exactly what Slavic is and he’s one of the best.

6. Anahiem:
• Gostisbehere
- Anaheim picks BPA in the highest scoring D-man of the Draft.

7. Minnesota:
• Dumba
- Pick stays the same.

8. Pittsburgh:
• Rielly
- Pens get the BPA in the high scoring D-man Rielly.

9. Winnipeg:
• Vasilevsky
- Jets now not having Hellebuyck, they pick the best Goalie available to replace him.

10. Tampa
• Murray
- Tampa picks Murray for the same reason^

—————

11. Washington:
• Parayko

12. Buffalo:
• Andersen

13. Dallas:
• Galchenyuk

14. Buffalo:
• Matheson

15. Ottawa:
• Skjei
Yikes. This is why you don’t post with embarrassing hate and bias. You should be embarrassed

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Leaf fans cant bump the 2014 draft any longer since Nylander is falling, so they have to find something else ;)

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
Ok sure thing. Galchenyuk is no longer a hab, I get it. Shoot pulled youre no longer suggesting he is on par with Forsberg.

Lolwut he didn't suggest that at all he even put the games played that shows Forsberg has a higher PPG.

this thread has had some of the dumbest posts I've seen on these boards. Gold.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Remember when rielly was consistently ranked past 10 in these? I do.

Remember when Leaf fans were consistently ridiculed for having Rielly in the top 5?

It’s almost like kids are raised from a young age and it’s engraved in their brains by their superiors to hate anything leaf related.

People say the leaf fans are delusional, but we’ve been a lot more right than wrong in the last 5 years. Maybe we’re not the delusional ones..

Reactions: Eb

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I wouldn't trade Rielly for anyone in this draft. Not that I don't acknowledge other players have a case to go 1 (Vasilvesky, Forsberg, Lindholm).

Reactions: hamzarocks

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
1. Lindholm
2. Forsberg
3. Rielly
4. Slavin
5. Gostisbehere
6. Trouba
7. Parayko
8. Galchenyuk
9. Dumba
10. Murray

Not bad me, but as of today I'd change it to:

1. Rielly
2. Forsberg
3. Lindholm
4. Slavin
5. Parayko
6. Dumba
7. Gostisbehere
8. Trouba
9. Hertl
10. Vasilevsky

Not to mention Teuvo, Galchenyuk, Helley, Severson, Wilson, 2x Murrays, C. Miller, & Anderson. Very good and underrated draft with some elite talent at the top-end.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
No but you came on strong like he had no chance did u not. Alot of times player evaluation is not guessing, it's seeing the improvement and basing it off that but nope you came in like a boss so yeah take the loss. Also change your God damn avatar for God sake cuz i keep thinking your a leaf fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad