2012 NHL Entry Draft Statistics / Rankings

Latex*

meh, another year of small, skilled forwards with questionable skating... D on the other hand looks very promising for us finns for 2012

Yes they are small, but i disagree that they are bad or average skaters.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
LOL @ Sweden/Rest of Europe

This is actually a weak year for Sweden :laugh:

Nope, 2012 is actually looking like a very deep year from Sweden. While there might not be a top 5 pick this year from Sweden there are a lot of potential first rounders. Pontus Aberg, Sebastian Collberg, Filip Forsberg, Oscar Dansk and Erik Karlsson should right not be in consideration.

Then there are other notable talents like: Mikael Wikstrand, Christian Djoos, Calle Andersson, Niklas Folin, Hampus Lindholm, Edvin Hedberg etc that might end up being drafted pretty early.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Yes they are small, but i disagree that they are bad or average skaters.

I didn't say they were bad skaters. Generally finnish prospects of late have been mobile and quick, but lack the explosiveness that many swedish prospects for example seem to have. I have to admit I haven't seen every 94-born promising player, and only few of them live, so what I'm saying is merely my take on things. You probably know much more than I do.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Any family relations?

Always curious to know.

Some of the American ones off the top of my head:

- Max Iafrate (son of Al Iafrate)
- Alex Galchenyuk (son of Alexandr Galchenkyuk)
- Miles Koules (son of former Tampa Bay Owner Oren Koules)
- Matt Lane (brother of 2010 2nd Round Coyotes pick Phil Lane)
- Stefan Matteau (son of Stephane Matteau)
- Henrik Samuelsson (son of Ulf Samuelsson)
- Quentin Shore (brother of 2010 Florida draft pick Drew Shore and 2011 eligible Nick Shore)
- Zach Stepan (cousin of Derek Stepan)
- Nathan Ferriero (brother of Sharks prospect Benn Ferriero)

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Who is looking like a top 5 pick? Just want to get an idea of who the better players are in this draft.

1. Nail Yakupov, LW, Sarnia Sting
2. Ryan Murray, D, Everett Silvertips
3. Alex Galchenyuk, C/W, Sarnia Sting
4. Nick Ebert, D, Windsor Spitfires
5. Luca Marcantuoni, C, Kitchener Rangers
HM: Griffin Reinhart, Matt Dumba, Slater Koekkoek, Charles Hudon, Martin Frk

CandiedBacon

Seguin and Hamilton
Sep 2, 2010
EpicMealTime
1. Nail Yakupov, LW, Sarnia Sting
2. Ryan Murray, D, Everett Silvertips
3. Alex Galchenyuk, C/W, Sarnia Sting
4. Nick Ebert, D, Windsor Spitfires
5. Matia Marcantuoni, C, Kitchener Rangers
HM: Griffin Reinhart, Matt Dumba, Slater Koekkoek, Charles Hudon, Martin Frk

Luca Ciampini and Matia Marcantuoni. Get your awesome Italian names right.

Anyways I don't think Galchenyuk goes that high he's been carried a lot by Yakupov

Top 5 will likely be this

1. Nail Yakupov, Sarnia Sting (OHL), Absolutely tore up the OHL as a rookie. Him and Murray are deadlocked for first.
2. Ryan Murray Everett Silvertips (WHL), Fits an exact mold of Scott Niedermayer, He skates well, has great awareness and Captains his team as a 17 Year old
3. Mikhail Grigorenko, CSKA Moscow, IMO more talented but drops because of Russian factor.
4. Griffin Reinhart Edmonton (WHL), I don't think you can pass on this combination of size, grit and skill. Will be a phenomenal player. He is my personal favorite out of this draft
5. Nick Ebert Windsor (OHL), Haven't seen much of him but from what I hear a pretty unreal defenseman.

Quick 6-10
5. Matia Marcantuoni
6. Alex Galchenyuk
7. Michael Matheson, Shouldn't drop this far, but heavily affected by NCAA decision.
8. Slater Koekoek
9. Martin Frk
10. Matthew Dumba

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Luca Ciampini and Matia Marcantuoni. Get your awesome Italian names right.
I've had a Pejorative Slured week. Eric Lindros, calling Karlsson Eriksson, etc. I'm just stressed out. I knew it was Matia. I was just having yet another brain fart.
[quote[Anyways I don't think Galchenyuk goes that high he's been carried a lot by Yakupov[/QUOTE]
I respectfully disagree. He's a phenomenal talent in his own. I dont think Yakupov "carried" him, I think he's the reason Yakupov had such a good season. Galchenyuk broke the Chicago Young Americans record for points in a season on his own and has the tools to be the best player in the draft (and I'm not the only one who thinks that).

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Add more to my fails. Too bad I can't edit my post or else that gobble-dee-gook up there would make sense.

Oh well. You get what I mean.

CandiedBacon

Seguin and Hamilton
Sep 2, 2010
EpicMealTime
I've had a Pejorative Slured week. Eric Lindros, calling Karlsson Eriksson, etc. I'm just stressed out. I knew it was Matia. I was just having yet another brain fart.
[quote[Anyways I don't think Galchenyuk goes that high he's been carried a lot by Yakupov
I respectfully disagree. He's a phenomenal talent in his own. I dont think Yakupov "carried" him, I think he's the reason Yakupov had such a good season. Galchenyuk broke the Chicago Young Americans record for points in a season on his own and has the tools to be the best player in the draft (and I'm not the only one who thinks that).[/QUOTE]

I don't agree that he is a Top 5 talent in any other draft but I just can't put him over the others. Maybe Ebert but I have never seen him play just basing off of other opinions I've heard. However, I watched Marcantuoni at the U-17s and he was absolutely dominant.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I don't agree that he is a Top 5 talent in any other draft but I just can't put him over the others. Maybe Ebert but I have never seen him play just basing off of other opinions I've heard. However, I watched Marcantuoni at the U-17s and he was absolutely dominant.

I think next year will help us shape the rankings more... I remember Steven Anthony was considered a top 10 prospect until September of 2008 then he fell fell fell fell.

I bet this time next year the top 10 has at least 5 new faces in it.

It's exciting... Too early to say anything for sure!

Rshields

Oct 23, 2009
The dub is going to have some D men in the top 10 in the 2012 draft if they keep developing as they have. This will be a strong draft for sure but who are the top 5 forwards with potential to play NHL out of this age group in the dub?
Based on what I saw last season the ones I think will have good draft years are :
Chandler Stevenson- good vision and skills.
Tyrell Seaman- Will play a Ryan Kesler role next year. Lots of ice time coming
Ryan Olsen- May be top point getter of the group with size to move up.
Lucas Sutter-I'm not a big Lucas fan but he will draft.
Shane Danyluk - If he has some growth left as needs to be a lot bigger and stronger to move up. Shows good hockey sense and will play lots.
As you see these are all from the east. I have seen some of the others but haven't been impressed enough on to rate them.
Some with better stats that I don't see being NHL prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad