2012 NHL Entry Draft Statistics / Rankings

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I gotta give it to the OP... if this is consistently updated he deserves a beer or two.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Nope, 2012 is actually looking like a very deep year from Sweden. While there might not be a top 5 pick this year from Sweden there are a lot of potential first rounders. Pontus Aberg, Sebastian Collberg, Filip Forsberg, Oscar Dansk and Erik Karlsson should right not be in consideration.

Then there are other notable talents like: Mikael Wikstrand, Christian Djoos, Calle Andersson, Niklas Folin, Hampus Lindholm, Edvin Hedberg etc that might end up being drafted pretty early.

Do you think it will be a good year? Swedens u-17 team have had really bad results this year (I admit they have missed players in some of the games, especially in the last big losses against Finland) That's the only sign that worries me, otherwise we have seen quite a few 94's playing in Superelit and doing good.

Maybe you shouldn't make to much from a couple of NT-games.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Do you think it will be a good year? Swedens u-17 team have had really bad results this year (I admit they have missed players in some of the games, especially in the last big losses against Finland) That's the only sign that worries me, otherwise we have seen quite a few 94's playing in Superelit and doing good.

Maybe you shouldn't make to much from a couple of NT-games.

Don't know why they have played like crap on the U17 NT team. Maybe they have a bad coach? Last games vs Finland they were missing at least 5 key players. I also suspect that Dansk might be the only really good goalie and or at least the other goalies didn't perform very well against Finland if you are just looking at the stat sheet. As you are saying, many 94's seem to perform very well in their clubs.

Puckluck11

Feb 13, 2008
Luleå
Don't know why they have played like crap on the U17 NT team. Maybe they have a bad coach? Last games vs Finland they were missing at least 5 key players. I also suspect that Dansk might be the only really good goalie and or at least the other goalies didn't perform very well against Finland if you are just looking at the stat sheet. As you are saying, many 94's seem to perform very well in their clubs.

Hogberg is in the mix aswell, having performed well on national level.

The 6 top forwards of the age group, 3 defenders, and the 2 top goalies were not participating against Finland. Nontheless such a beating is not acceptable against a Finland with many 95's no mather how good they are.
Going into the season i was very optimistic of this age group seemingly having good depth but now i am not so sure anymore. Imo the defense is lacking high-end players.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Shayne Corson's son Dylan is eligible. But his single goal in fifty games doesn't look good.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Awesome job!...One note though, maybe it might be better to use SVK for Slovakia instead of SLO....especially when you actually also have a Slovenian Luka Gracnar under SLO, just to avoid the confusion.....;)

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Hogberg is in the mix aswell, having performed well on national level.

The 6 top forwards of the age group, 3 defenders, and the 2 top goalies were not participating against Finland. Nontheless such a beating is not acceptable against a Finland with many 95's no mather how good they are.
Going into the season i was very optimistic of this age group seemingly having good depth but now i am not so sure anymore. Imo the defense is lacking high-end players.

Yeah, none of the 94-born d-man has really stood out so far, but well a lot can happen in a year. I like the smallish Tommy Stenqvist from Timrå but his draftyear is 2013. I could see Mikael Wikstrand, the lateborn 93 from Mora having a good season next year and position himself for the draft.

NJDev19

Jan 27, 2011
North Jersey
Look for Shawn LaCorte and Jeff Celniker from NJ to go in the mid rounds.
Both light up highschool leagues......nowhere near the way Agostino did but just look out

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
Look for Shawn LaCorte and Jeff Celniker from NJ to go in the mid rounds.
Both light up highschool leagues......nowhere near the way Agostino did but just look out

I played against Celniker from Mountain Lakes last year. Yeah he did well but he wasn't playing against tough competition. Unfortunately, he won't get drafted. I mean, come on...only three Delbarton kids are being considered and two of them probably won't get drafted and they are the powerhouse team in all of NJ. Celniker is alright, but nothing better than Division III in college...and thats a bit of a stretch.

canucksPK

May 9, 2011
Okanagan BC
I'm really excited to see what kind of impact Yakupov will have in the nhl, he is insanely good. Next russian superstar, sorta reminds me of Ovechkin :amazed:

canucksPK

May 9, 2011
Okanagan BC
I just read a Bleacher Report on this draft and it basically made it sound like this draft has 20 players who are top 5 talented, is this draft really that good??

KingJet*

Steven Christianson's name didn't come up, plays high school somewhere and he lit up the league 2 years now, his name will be there soon, you'll see.

Rshields

Oct 23, 2009
Rosters for U-18 tryouts

Rosters are up for the U-18 Ivan Hlinka tournament in the Czech Republic. Most are from this age group with some 2013 also.
This is the biggest cut down in numbers for this age group in the POE stream to the world Jr team and is most kids first chance to represent their country internationally.
Some some surprise omissions and inclusions. Bantam draft order no longer applies.
http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/170663/la_id/1.htm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->