Injury Report: 2012-2013 Injury Thread

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Marc Moser ‏@RadioMoser

Both EJ and Wilson skating this morn in normal practice sweaters. Good sign that they're getting closer.

KraftD

Sep 8, 2010
Torso Injury for Hejduk. Does it mean we see Olver & O'reilly back together. This should be interesting :handclap:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Torso Injury for Hejduk. Does it mean we see Olver & O'reilly back together. This should be interesting :handclap:

Yeah, I asked in this thread a couple of days ago about Hejduk. Got a text from one of the guys saying he spent like 2 hours getting bandaged and tensor-banded up after a recent practice. Something has been up with him for a while.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Yep...NO WAY do Hunwick, O'Byrne, or Zanon even get considered.

Sitting Hunwick and Zanon - and sending Elliott down to Erie - are the obvious choices here, IMO. In truth, the whole lot of Hunwick/Zanon/OBx2 have been pretty bad this season, so subbing two of those 4 in and out won't be terribly pertinent. But SOB has been better offensively lately, and ROB has shown that he can kill a penalty or two back there. I'm really surprised at how bad Zanon has been, btw.

Would like to see this:

Wilson-EJ
Barrie-Hejda
SOB-ROB

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Teams will want O'Byrne, and his pending UFA status will add to his value. Zanon, maybe not. Hunwick, may draw a little interest if teams need speed on their Defense and his Contract is not prohibitive. I say sell them all! Keep SOB.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is Olver waiver eligible? If he isn't, he's got to be pretty close to losing that eligibility at age 25.

He was signed in his 22 year old season. If I recall correctly he can pass without going on waivers until he hits 70 games or 3 seasons. So even if he didn't play a game the rest of the season he would have to pass through waivers next year. Or if he plays 10 more games he has to start passing through waivers. That is the way I understand it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Is Olver waiver eligible? If he isn't, he's got to be pretty close to losing that eligibility at age 25.

23mpte0.jpg

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Teams will want O'Byrne, and his pending UFA status will add to his value. Zanon, maybe not. Hunwick, may draw a little interest if teams need speed on their Defense and his Contract is not prohibitive. I say sell them all! Keep SOB.

Im with u on that. But I would sell SOB aswell if the price is right. Zanon, Hunwick, ROB can all go and go fast

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Im with u on that. But I would sell SOB aswell if the price is right. Zanon, Hunwick, ROB can all go and go fast

I agree. But I think if we were to keep only 1 of those 4, we should definitely keep SOB.

It sucks he didn't come into camp in the best shape and that it took injuries to get him in the lineup, and he does take some stupid penalties, but he has been far better than the Zanon, Hunwick, and ROB.

I don't wish for any player to get hurt (except for Bertuzzi), but if the Avs were to have another player or two get injured, let's just say I wouldn't lose any sleep if it were any of those three, and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

To keep this post on topic, I'm glad to see EJ and Wilson practicing without the pumpkin sweaters. Like I said with Landy, as much as I would want them back in the lineup tomorrow, I don't want them to rush it and end up being without them any longer. I do reeeeeally want to be the Blackhawks though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Well since O"Reilly's on the team now, and Hejduk isn't on the IR, they were carrying 23 players.

So only sending down Elliott means only one guy is ready to come back, or they plan to make a trade or waive PJ's or something.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
EJ back just in time to score the game winner that ends the Hawks streak, and turns the Avs season around? I think so.

3rd: PPG, E. Johnson(1) Asst - T Barrie(6), Landeskog(4) COL 3-2

:yo::yo:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
EJ back just in time to score the game winner that ends the Hawks streak, and turns the Avs season around? I think so.

:laugh::laugh: 2 defensemen on the power play :laugh::laugh:
You joker you

member 116861

You actually think EJ Johnson will get a shot on net?

:amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad