Injury Report: 2012-2013 Injury Thread

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
To stay on topic, if anyone actually attends the Avs practice this morning, an update would be GREAT. Would love to hear how ROR looked and if EJ and/or Wilson actually skated/practiced.

EJ skated with the team with the pumpkin Jersey. Don't know about Wilson.
EDIT: What the.... how am I almost 2hours too slow? oh well the answers came on the previous page.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
EJ skated with the team with the pumpkin Jersey. Don't know about Wilson.
EDIT: What the.... how am I almost 2hours too slow? oh well the answers came on the previous page.

I was at practice posting from my phone.

Wilson was there, but left maybe half way through.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
How did our two carrots look like out there?
Were they doing the same drills as the other ones, or did they skate by themselves?

Both EJ and Wilson participated in skating drills.

After which Wilson went off the ice and EJ practiced blue line shots on the goalie they brought in with Giggy out.

Last edited:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Defensemen Erik Johnson (concussion) and Ryan Wilson (ankle) are close to returning to the Avs' lineup. Both skated hard Sunday morning in an optional practice, with Johnson cleared for contact. Johnson might play Tuesday at Detroit. Wilson has a chance to play Wednesday at Chicago.
-Chambers

Please happen.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
That'd be a pretty quick return from a sprain for Wilson, no? Or has it been longer than it feels? Definitely do not want to rush EJ back from his concussion. If he's out long-term, this D is so boned.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
That'd be a pretty quick return from a sprain for Wilson, no? Or has it been longer than it feels? Definitely do not want to rush EJ back from his concussion. If he's out long-term, this D is so boned.

Wilson has been out for a while now.

I agree w/ not rushing EJ, can't have him going right back out again w/ another concussion/injury.

But no doubt that getting both Wilson and EJ back will be huge for our Defense.

EJ-Wilson
Hejda-Barrie
O'Brien-Hunwick/Zanon/O'Byrne

At this point O'Brien is playing better than Hunwick/Zanon/O'Byrne in my opinion, and deserves to be playing. I'd even say that Elliott should be playing over the other 3, just because he HAS to get some NHL experience, and maybe if they tried a similar pairing to the Hejda-Barrie pairing, that it could help get him some confidence.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Wilson had almost no progress in being able to apply pressure or anything for the first week after the injury. That was a bit scary, but he's recovered well now. Would surprise me if he's not in on Wednesday.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Elliott is almost certain to be sent down. Might as well let him play in the AHL rather than ride the pine.

Yes, but whoelse? Is Olver going to be sent back down as well?

I agree with Mars I would like the Dpairing to look like,

Wilson - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
O'Byrne/O'Brien - Hunwick

Zanon
O'Byrne/O'Brien

I hope they don't send Barrie down, but I could see them doing it. Maybe we have a trade coming up? Because we are simply carrying too many defensemen and I think Barrie has overtaken a few on the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad