Injury Report: 2012-2013 Injury Thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Avalanche right wing Milan Hejduk is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury, which he suffered early in Saturday's 1-0 overtime victory over the Nashville Predators in Denver.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_22913223/colorado-avalanche-loses-forward-milan-hejduk-shoulder-injury

Never want to see a player get hurt and hopefully it's not too serious but at this point I'd much rather have someone like Sgarbossa in the line up instead of Hejduk. I'd like to see what Sgarbossa can do on a scoring line with the Avs. Hishon can take his spot and get more minutes with the Monsters.

If this a serious injury, hopefully he can come back and play one last home game. Or even just one more shift so he gets a proper send off. They have Bordeleau playing 2 minutes so why not Hejduk for 30 seconds? :sarcasm:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_22913223/colorado-avalanche-loses-forward-milan-hejduk-shoulder-injury

Never want to see a player get hurt and hopefully it's not too serious but at this point I'd much rather have someone like Sgarbossa in the line up instead of Hejduk. I'd like to see what Sgarbossa can do on a scoring line with the Avs. Hishon can take his spot and get more minutes with the Monsters.

If this a serious injury, hopefully he can come back and play one last home game. Or even just one more shift so he gets a proper send off. They have Bordeleau playing 2 minutes so why not Hejduk for 30 seconds? :sarcasm:

Just wanted to touch on the bolded...

If Joe Sacco refused to put Sgarbossa in an actual scoring-line role earlier in the season, I fail to see how he would do it this time around (should Sgar be brought up).

His handling of Sgarbossa the first time up, just flat out refusing to even TRY him in an Offensive, Top-6 role, finally brought me around to the "Fire Sacco" camp.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I would prefer Malone, because there's just no point in bringing up Sgarbossa and putting him on a checking line.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Looks like Varly's got a hip issue. That's why he's not practicing or traveling with the team. Staz is close too apparently.

Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 8m
Normal #AVALANCHE practice. No fireworks on Jiggy front. Varly shut down for hip, won't travel. Stas back.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I like Mitchell, but he might need a wake up call like McGinn got a few weeks ago.

And I also don't see the need for Bordeleau every game.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
My vote is DVG as I don't think he has a big role on the future of this team anyway. Malone, Palushaj, and Bordeleau should get as many opportunities as possible to end this year due to their contracts expiring.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 19s
Cody McLeod to continue to wear an 'A' Wed at ANA, but when Hejduk returns Thu at LAK he will lose it. Stastny back vs Ducks #Avalanche

Safe to assume DVG and Malone get sent back down?

Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 50s
Varlamov might return to lineup Saturday vs. VAN in Denver. #Avalanche

Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 1m
Sami Aittokallio called up from LEM to replace Varlamov on 2-game trip to SoCal. Aittokallio to serve as Giguere's backup. #Avalanche

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 19s
Cody McLeod to continue to wear an 'A' Wed at ANA, but when Hejduk returns Thu at LAK he will lose it. Stastny back vs Ducks #Avalanche

Safe to assume DVG and Malone get sent back down?

Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 50s
Varlamov might return to lineup Saturday vs. VAN in Denver. #Avalanche

Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 1m
Sami Aittokallio called up from LEM to replace Varlamov on 2-game trip to SoCal. Aittokallio to serve as Giguere's backup. #Avalanche

Always liked Brad malone he should not be sent anywhere. Send someone else down or sit Jones and Mitchell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad