2012-2013 Colorado Ava...Lake Erie Monsters Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
Gaunce is just going through the motions now. Both he and ROB are less physical and puppy dgs compared to last season(s). And if they would stop leaving Aittokallio to weather their mistakes...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hoping the Avs are able to move him for something while he still has some semblance of value.

And move him they did.

Anyhow...anyone wish to do a quick recap of what went wrong with the Monsters this year? The injury bug didn't really deplete the ranks this time around like it has in previous seasons, so what happened? Is Chynoweth in as much trouble as Sacco?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
And move him they did.

Anyhow...anyone wish to do a quick recap of what went wrong with the Monsters this year? The injury bug didn't really deplete the ranks this time around like it has in previous seasons, so what happened? Is Chynoweth in as much trouble as Sacco?

Based on what I saw of them during the lockout the two main problems was a lack of skill and a lack of veterans. They were outskilled most nights with Sgarbossa, Agozzino, Barrie and Elliott and possibly Lerg being the only skill players.

Also, most AHL teams that succeed tend to have a bunch of AHL veterans. LEM don't really have a lot of those and those they have can't really carry the team, being more utility players.

I'm sure carrying two rookie goalies also isn't ideal, but I don't think that has been a major problem.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
If Vincour and Elliott eventually stick as NHLers for us that will literally be 5 guys from 2009.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If Vincour and Elliott eventually stick as NHLers for us that will literally be 5 guys from 2009.

Hell of a draft for the Avs that year.

A #1 C, a very good #2C. Barrie looks well on his way to becoming a solid #3 Dman. Elliott is a bit harder to tell, but until this year he was more promising then Barrie. He still has Top 4 upside and at the least should be a bottom pairing puck mover.

Very good draft from the Avs, and the Vincour acquisition is looking pretty good too.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
it's funny watching the lake erie highlights with the guitar playing the whole way through it's like it's the 90's all over again.

nice to see hishon plugging along

maybe we'll give vincour a call up if he keeps potting goals.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
it's funny watching the lake erie highlights with the guitar playing the whole way through it's like it's the 90's all over again.

nice to see hishon plugging along

maybe we'll give vincour a call up if he keeps potting goals.

Vincour won't just get a call up he will be put on the first PP unit with McLeod since Sacco sure loves his grinders.

droughs

Apr 10, 2013
Hamilton
joey hishon just got hit from behind into the glass. He left the game and won't return(upper body) i hope everything is alright

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What is the deal with hockey players cheap-shoting Hishon? Is he like an alien of the ancients that hold all secrets of the universe or something? Or did McNabb hire someone to try to finish the job?

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
****, was looking at the score sheet and was surprised to Hishon without anything on the board in such a high scoring game for the Monsters, now I know why.

Not often one says this, but I really hope its just a shoulder injury and not a head injury.

Vincour with 3 apples again tonight. Has Shermy pulled another magic trick with this trade like he did with the Ginner trade?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Monsters twitter hasn't even said anything about Hishon leaving the game. Following in the Avs' footsteps when it comes to talking about injuries.

I wanna see what Vincour can do in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad