2012-2013 Colorado Ava...Lake Erie Monsters Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ficohok*

Bill Thomas just signed a deal with my hometown team KHL MedveÅ¡čak Zagreb and he'll join them in their inagural season in the KHL.

Hopefully Sgarbossa will join him for next (14/15) season:D

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You guys will like Thomas. Good guy and a good player. He should fit very well on the bigger ice where he doesn't have to play as physical and can rely more on his natural skills.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Lake Erie hired Randy Ladoucer as their new assistant coach. He's been an NHL assistant for 10 seasons in total.

They also hired a goalie coach themselves in Jean-Ian Filiatrault

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some good news,

Lake Erie is going to play in the AHL's version of the Winter Classic against the Rochester Americans.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Making the 5 hour drive to watch the Monsters in Rochester... can't wait!

Forgive my ignorance, but is Bordeleau a full time NHL'er now, or is there any chance I'll get to watch him in Cleveland again??

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Making the 5 hour drive to watch the Monsters in Rochester... can't wait!

Forgive my ignorance, but is Bordeleau a full time NHL'er now, or is there any chance I'll get to watch him in Cleveland again??

He's ours, we just gave him a mil per year contract for three years.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This should be a really interesting year in Lake Erie as well. With Siemens and Elliott being reunited on the first pairing in front of Pickard/Aitto with Sgar and hish in the team up front. With how well both Elliott and Siemens finished the year I think they're in for a big year together again.

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away
Really like the way LEM will be built in net and on D. Pickard and Aittokallio form, arguably, the best goaltender tandem in the Western Conference. A defense of Siemens, Elliott, Stollery, Lauridsen, and Beaupre is a great start and leaves just one spot open for whoever shows up to camp.

The concern will be goal scoring. If Hishon can stay in the lineup, he'll certainly help, but the team needs help on the wings for Agozzino and Sgarbossa. Mitchell Heard should be around to add some sandpaper. Saw Garrett Meurs when I went to visit a buddy up in Michigan and we went to the Whalers game. Hopefully he'll be in Cleveland.

Looking forward to it. It'll be a fresh change to watch a team with good goaltending and a good defense corps.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Really like the way LEM will be built in net and on D. Pickard and Aittokallio form, arguably, the best goaltender tandem in the Western Conference. A defense of Siemens, Elliott, Stollery, Lauridsen, and Beaupre is a great start and leaves just one spot open for whoever shows up to camp.

The concern will be goal scoring. If Hishon can stay in the lineup, he'll certainly help, but the team needs help on the wings for Agozzino and Sgarbossa. Mitchell Heard should be around to add some sandpaper. Saw Garrett Meurs when I went to visit a buddy up in Michigan and we went to the Whalers game. Hopefully he'll be in Cleveland.

Looking forward to it. It'll be a fresh change to watch a team with good goaltending and a good defense corps.

I think the D will be Siemens, Elliott, Holden, Guenin, Lauridson and Beaupre with Stollery as the 7th or playing with the Fish. Of course, I can see Lauridson, Beaupre and Stollery getting some playing time with the Fish if there are some standout free agents that sign tryout contracts with LE (like Goers did in the past)

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I think the D will be Siemens, Elliott, Holden, Guenin, Lauridson and Beaupre with Stollery as the 7th or playing with the Fish. Of course, I can see Lauridson, Beaupre and Stollery getting some playing time with the Fish if there are some standout free agents that sign tryout contracts with LE (like Goers did in the past)

Someone had made some good FW lines a few pages back (or even top of page) after which some discussion ensued about e.g. Carey's and Smith's place in the team.

EDIT: Sorry, it was actually in another thread completely.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
the way stollery has played for the monsters he's going to have to play his way off the team to not be considered a top 6 guy on the team.

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away

Forgot about Holden and Guenin. If we're looking at them as locks to make the team, Stollery would play over Lauridsen. Stollery was regularly the team's best defenseman last season, especially when they were without Barrie and Elliott for long stretches. By no means is he flashy, and he's probably a 6th/7th D at best at the NHL level, but he was very consistent and reliable in the games that I saw. I went to probably 20 games.

In fact, if there were multiple injuries or if Elliott was hurt, it wouldn't shock me to see Stollery get the call over Holden/Guenin.

I like Lauridsen and I'd hate to see him scratched or sent down, but he'd be the likely casualty of the numbers game. Beaupre and Siemens have a higher ceiling than Lauridsen, so their development would take precedence.

It's nice that the Monsters have options and should have some better depth this season. The injuries to Colorado's D really hurt Lake Erie at times last season. They should be better equipped to handle that this year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Assuming Elliott earns a spot in the NHL like I think that he will:

Siemens-Stollery
Holden-Guenin
Beaupre-Lauridsen
Tam

Assuming Elliott is sent back to Lake Erie:

Siemens-Elliott
Holden-Stollery
Beaupre/Lauridsen-Guenin
Laurdisen/Beaupre
Tam (in CHL)

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I want Siemens and Elliott to play together in LEM this season, and then bring them both up next season :handclap:

I'm getting Cohen-Shattenkirk ptsd here. Not because I expect it, because I'm terrified I won't be able to handle how bad our defense would be if it does happen.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I'm getting Cohen-Shattenkirk ptsd here. Not because I expect it, because I'm terrified I won't be able to handle how bad our defense would be if it does happen.

If that's our bottom pairing in 2014-15, I think we'll be in pretty ok shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad