2012-2013 Colorado Ava...Lake Erie Monsters Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Vincour had 28 in 47 with Texas and 3 in 15 with Dallas. He's just hot post trade like Mcginn or Downie last year I think.

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away
Good crowd last night for Autism Awareness Night. Not personally affected, but great to see the Monsters have a night like that. Plenty of tables set up on the concourse with information to help and inform people. The special jerseys looked great on the ice and were auctioned off for a good cause. A lot of kids with autism in the crowd. They seemed to enjoy the game. Kudos to their front office staff. Also, props to all of the parents of children with any of those types of hardships. I can't imagine the patience that it takes. Mad respect to those people.

As for the game, very quick start and then the Monsters hung on for dear life. Pickard was terrific. He made a lot of saves in traffic and did a fine job controlling the rebounds. The shorty he gave up was on a breakaway and it went through five hole. Not much he could. He was great all night, though, and has developed a lot this season. I don't know if he'll keep developing to the point of an everyday starter, but he'll be a great backup or a good goaltender in a tandem situation.

Strong game from Connolly. He didn't score, but he had several quality chances.

The guys who played the best for the Monsters were the AHL guys, not really the prospects. MacQueen, McNeely, Thomas. Great pass by Hagel on the MacQueen goal. Nothing special out of Stollery, Sgarbossa, or Agozzino.

Have no idea where Markus Lauridsen was. Saw the posts about Hishon in this thread. Tough break for the kid.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Any idea on where/how to get a medical update on Hishon? I can't believe nothing has been released at all about his injury.

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
Vincour had 28 in 47 with Texas and 3 in 15 with Dallas. He's just hot post trade like Mcginn or Downie last year I think.

Didn't follow Texas a ton this year but they have a ton of forwards. Vincour would be lucky to get second line ice time and limited powerplay time. Then you have him in Dallas seeing bottom 6 ice time similar to what Olver deals with. how much has Olver scored having Bordy, McLeod, Kobasew and others as his linemates with 6-8 minutes a night? Vincour is being used correctly with LE. He is placed down around the net on the PP and goes to the net during even strength. Coupled with a player like Carey who shoots from everywhere, Vincour can take advantage of that. Factor in Agozzino and you have a line that is willing to go to the net with speed and shoot from everywhere. Not always consistent but he knows how to score when in close.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I can't wait for people on here to start panicking.

Because he'd be so much worse than what we currently have and would've put us up against the cap.

****...I can't tell if you are serious or not. Doubt it'd make a lick of difference either way but I would imagine he could be traded unlike Zannon, Hunnwick or wait...never mind...he was.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Calvin Pickard had a real strong rookie year in the AHL, finishing the year with his fifth shutout. Maybe he can get some games next year or even in these last few games.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
We signed Stollery for next season.

I thought he was a good defenseman in the few games I watched of the Monsters during the lockout. Everyone laughed at me saying he shouldn't even be dressed. Apparently he is the Brett Clark whipping boy of the AHL.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I thought he was a good defenseman in the few games I watched of the Monsters during the lockout. Everyone laughed at me saying he shouldn't even be dressed. Apparently he is the Brett Clark whipping boy of the AHL.

He is a decent AHL defensemen that can be overused at times. I don't mind the signing much as you need depth in case of injuries, but I don't like how the Avs will be bumping up against the 50 contract mark early in the summer.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
He is a decent AHL defensemen that can be overused at times. I don't mind the signing much as you need depth in case of injuries, but I don't like how the Avs will be bumping up against the 50 contract mark early in the summer.

My understanding is the Avs have 37 under contract already for next season.

I think Hejduk retires and Kobasew parts ways. I can see Malone, L. Walker and Bordeleau being re-signed. I'm not sure where the Avs stand on Palushaj, Vincour, Connolly, Van der Gulik, Thomas and G. Walker.

For defense I can see one of Hunwick, O'Brien or Zanon gone. I can see Sullivan, Chouinard, and Pock all being let go.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My understanding is the Avs have 37 under contract already for next season.

I think Hejduk retires and Kobasew parts ways. I can see Malone, L. Walker and Bordeleau being re-signed. I'm not sure where the Avs stand on Palushaj, Vincour, Connolly, Van der Gulik, Thomas and G. Walker.

For defense I can see one of Hunwick, O'Brien or Zanon gone. I can see Sullivan, Chouinard, and Pock all being let go.

As I see it:

Kobasew will be gone. Hejduk might try one more year with Sacco being gone, I'd pencil him because he should finish as an Av.

Re-signed:
Hejduk
Malone
Vincour
Palushaj
Bordy
L Walker
Thomas
Connolly (came on towards the end of the season, last chance sort of contract)

Signed:
#1 Pick - probably Seth Jones
1 UFA winger

That puts the Avs at 47 contracts, which is really about the highest that I would like to see them for flexibility purposes. Getting rid of two depth defensemen would help tremendously though.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I wonder if they start grooming Hish or Sgar as wingers since we seem to be set up the middle.

I would hope so. I think Sgarbossa could start next year on our third line if we really wanted him to.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wonder if they start grooming Hish or Sgar as wingers since we seem to be set up the middle.

Are we though? ROR situation still has to play out. Stastny is a upcoming UFA. I could see a situation where 1 of those 2 leave and the Avs still have to use one of Sgarbossa/Hishon/draft pick at center.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I would really hope so, but it seems like team's don't take future NHL position into account with AHL seasoning. They seem to prefer keeping them in the position they excel at the most, and then shift them around when they make the big club.

I would hope the Avs and Erie break this though next year. I don't see either player as long term NHL centerman, even on another team, unless they have no depth in talented centers.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Bill Thomas just signed a deal with my hometown team KHL MedveÅ¡čak Zagreb and he'll join them in their inagural season in the KHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad