2011 CHL Import Draft

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Kitchener should be able to find something. Have no clue who they would pick though.

The rumors are Kitchener and Plymouth going after Victor Rask.

If I'm Reid, I'd be going back and forth between those two teams to get the best package.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The rumors are Kitchener and Plymouth going after Victor Rask.

If I'm Reid, I'd be going back and forth between those two teams to get the best package.

As long as we can move up high to take somebody good. If Grigerenko drops to 4 I'd rather have him than Rask as Kitchener could easily pay to get him over.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
http://twitter.com/#!/mlalancette
Repêchage européen : le choix des Petes de Peterborough (4e) s'arrêterait sur Peter Ceresnak demain matin. À suivre

Draft EU: the choice of the Peterborough Petes (fourth) stop on Peter Ceresnak morning. To be continued

Won't be happy if that happens.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
MLalancette
Selon les dernières informations, les Knights de London iront avec Maatta, les Remparts de Québec avec Grigorenko. On s'en reparle demain.
16 minutes ago via web

It says London will go with Määttä and Quebec with Grigorenko

:scared:

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
grigorenko would be smart if he went to the ohl look how it has worked out for his ex teammate in nail yakupov it has only increased his status as a possible number 1 overall pick. When russians come over to play jr here i believe scouts feel their is a less chance of them leaving to go play in the KHL but obviously there are exceptions (radulov)

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Rumour has it Sudbury will select Steffen Soberg with their 10th overall pick. What can people who have seen him play tell me about him? Can he step right into the OHL next season and be an impact goalie?

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
grigorenko would be smart if he went to the ohl look how it has worked out for his ex teammate in nail yakupov it has only increased his status as a possible number 1 overall pick. When russians come over to play jr here i believe scouts feel their is a less chance of them leaving to go play in the KHL but obviously there are exceptions (radulov)

Has Yakupov played any games in the NHL though, no. So no decision is a smart one as of now.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I'm really excited about Grigorenko but I think he should stay in Russia for a while.

TheNorth

Better Call Saul
Feb 16, 2010
Wish a NHL team owned the Wolves so they could force picks to report, any chance Soberg is available at 10? Wolves need a goalie, a team that might be a couple pieces from contending

playthetrap*

8 hours away...from what I've read/heard, the Knights are still deciding between the two

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
Stupid question, but since i don't know much at all about CHL i'll ask anyways. If London were to use their first pick on Määttä i assume that means that they have talked with him and he is ready & willing to come over, right?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Stupid question, but since i don't know much at all about CHL i'll ask anyways. If London were to use their first pick on Määttä i assume that means that they have talked with him and he is ready & willing to come over, right?

Pretty much.

Teams don't burn first overall picks on guys who don't come over.

Voracek, Vincour, Filatov, Galiev and Marincin were the last five first picks. All of them came over.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Yes, teams usually talk to the players before selecting them and I'd assume that London has talked to a few of the players they want already.
The first overall pick wasn't theirs to begin with and they gave up a few assets to obtain it, so I'd think they have a few options lined up.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption

I am very closed to the management of one of the Q team and this is not like in the NHL where you take the Best player avalaible.

With the import draft, they spend a lot of time with the players agents because they want to be sure that the kid will come. So if the Hunters says that they pick Maatta, he will come.

But ... http://www.lfpress.com/sports/knights/2011/06/27/18342646.html

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
Rumour has it Sudbury will select Steffen Soberg with their 10th overall pick. What can people who have seen him play tell me about him? Can he step right into the OHL next season and be an impact goalie?

He is really athletic and very agile. He is also extremely competitive and has the ability to steal games. He has already played a bit over 1 season in the mens league in Norway and was voted "rookie of the year" over here so I think he can be a very very good goalie in the OHL. He was also lights out in the Under-18`s and very good at the world juniors this year.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
On a Belleville radio station this morning they said that George Burnett, armed with the 13th pick, has his eyes set on a winger with size and scoring ability who he thinks will still be around at 13. The franchise tends to go with 16 or 17 year olds with their import picks. Any ideas who it might be? I'd love to see the Bulls add a talent out of Sweden.

Last edited:

playthetrap*

Pretty much.

Teams don't burn first overall picks on guys who don't come over.

Voracek, Vincour, Filatov, Galiev and Marincin were the last five first picks. All of them came over.

Actually Sudbury did waste that pick on Filatov. He came a year after and went to the AHL I believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad