2011 CHL Import Draft

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Actually Sudbury did waste that pick on Filatov. He came a year after and went to the AHL I believe

You're right.

There was a lot of speculation that year about him coming over, but it never happened.

Still, can't see London taking a player they don't know will come over for them.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
I am very closed to the management of one of the Q team and this is not like in the NHL where you take the Best player avalaible.

With the import draft, they spend a lot of time with the players agents because they want to be sure that the kid will come. So if the Hunters says that they pick Maatta, he will come.

But ... http://www.lfpress.com/sports/knights/2011/06/27/18342646.html

You are right, but there are times when teams don't do their homework or when a player or agent goes back on their word.

There have been many cases of high-profile players who were drafted early in the import draft and never reported. Ilya Kovalchuk (Cape Breton), Marian Gaborik (Baie-Comeau) and Nikita Filatov (Sudbury) to name a few.

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
London takes Maatta first.

wow, so that doe mean he is heading over there. Good choice imo, don't think he'd have gotten enough ice time in FEL and there isn't anything competitive enough for him in Finland if he can't break through his FEL-team.

Latex*

London takes Maatta first.

I'm useally don't like Finns going to the CHL, but in määttä's case this is ideal. He was not going to get a roster spot with JYP and Mestis for me is a big meh.

I like it.

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
I'm useally don't like Finns going to the CHL, but in määttä's case this is ideal. He was not going to get a roster spot with JYP and Mestis for me is a big meh.

I like it.

I don't mind Finns going to CHL but I hate seeing them flying back to Finland after one season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad