20-21 Season Tank Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Don't lose hope my fellow tankers. We will beat the Senators but we will lose 4 of the next 5 games. :D

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Benching the Tank Commanders and being buyers on Vesey is an alarming turn of events.

Means one thing, Canucks are buyers at the deadline.

This was intimated by iMac when he said FrankTheTank likely wants prospects not draft picks for Pearson etc.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Benching the Tank Commanders and being buyers on Vesey is an alarming turn of events.

This was intimated by iMac when he said FrankTheTank likely wants prospects not draft picks for Pearson etc.
Tank for Liljegren (Puke emoji)

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

It makes me sick how there has never been any effort to build a cup contender. This whole time it’s just been a constant push for the playoffs.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
PopularSecondhandAdouri-max-14mb.gif

Reactions: vanuck

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Demko the one man tank wrecking crew. He’s stolen so many games.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Don't worry fellow tankers. Toffolli will save us :D Demko is vulnerable only to snipers and he faced a lot of volume shooters in these 2 games.

Reactions: vanuck and Dab

SamInVan

Dec 5, 2016
VanCity
The math for a playoff run just doesn't work for the Nucks w/inter-division style format.

They are 6-2 in the past 8 games and have gained 1 point on Calgary and 2 points on Mtl. Both have a handful of games at hand.

How much you want to bet Aquaman is still thinking playoff run?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Get Holtby in the friggin’ nets! Every game Demko plays takes us further from a top pick.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
We get Montreal for the next 2 games. They slap us around like we slap the Sens around, although it was 2 straight OT games, expect us to get scorched. I hope Holtby goes in since even Demgod gets lit up by this overrated Habs team.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
The math for a playoff run just doesn't work for the Nucks w/inter-division style format.

They are 6-2 in the past 8 games and have gained 1 point on Calgary and 2 points on Mtl. Both have a handful of games at hand.

Truth is that if we beat MTL back2back we're in a playoff spot, both in points and points %. It matters more now who you beat than your overall record. Winning games against MTL, CGY and EDM, while shitting the bed vs TOR, WPG and OTT could still put you in the playoffs.

edit: MTL got a loser point so they would still be marginally ahead in pts%.
edit2: I screwed up my calculation on pts%. We'd still be behind, but the point is we are in the race at this very moment. While still unlikely, our nice run here has turned the absurd into the plausible.

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I can’t help but root to some extent because of Demko but holy f*** do I ever want to see us lose the b2b on the weekend.

Just a deer limping along.

Put us out of our misery please.

SamInVan

Dec 5, 2016
VanCity
Truth is that if we beat MTL back2back we're in a playoff spot, both in points and points %. It matters more now who you beat than your overall record. Winning games against MTL, CGY and EDM, while shitting the bed vs TOR, WPG and OTT could still put you in the playoffs.

edit: MTL got a loser point so they would still be marginally ahead in pts%.
edit2: I screwed up my calculation on pts%. We'd still be behind, but the point is we are in the race at this very moment. While still unlikely, our nice run here has turned the absurd into the plausible.
It's nuts.

The OT games are killer because both teams in your div gain ground.

We win those 2 games Fri/Sat and Mtrl still has 4 games at hand. It is almost impossible to close a gap when you fall behind like we did.

Calgary who we are currently 1pt up are losing to Edmonton but will still have 3 games at hand. That puts Edm out of reach for now with a 6 point buffer.

Such a crazy season.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I hear if he mentions Roussel's name down at Basant Motors he can get a great deal. At this point, any value out of Rooster is worth the drive. This post is not a paid advertisement.

I heard if you go to this dingy little farm around the edge of Langley and said you know Jim Benning you'll get a whole pickup truck full of manure free of charge.

This post is not a paid advertisement.
IMG_7311.jpg

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I heard if you go to this dingy little farm around the edge of Langley and said you know Jim Benning you'll get a whole pickup truck full of manure free of charge.

This post is not a paid advertisement.
IMG_7311.jpg
Address please

jocJLW9.png

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I honestly couldn't care less about this team right now. They're publicly celebrating mediocrity that is being sustained by star goaltending.

Yeah. Im in the same boat.

I dont care about where we draft either anymore. Used to hate how we go on winstreaks at the end of the season to take us out of top pick range.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

On Mar 1st,
We were:
10 pts back of Edm(1 gm in hand)
9 pts back of Wpg (4 gms)
5 back of Mon (4 gms)
4 back of Cgy (2 gms)

March 17th:
6 pts back of Wpg (4 gms)
6 pts back of Edm (1 gm)
2 pts back on Mon (4 gms)
1 pt UP on Cgy (3 gms)

Process of chipping away is going slow... but is there. We'll see where we're at at the break in 4 gms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad