20-21 Season Tank Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Playoff odds are up to 16% but the four teams above the bar are all 81% or higher.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Benning in official wait out the clock mode, as per Friedman.

I'm sure he can guilt Aquaman into pardoning his fat ass with a mixture of begs, pleads, and something about how hard it's been on his family, because he's an incompetent oaf getting paid millions of dollars to do a job with ZERO accountability.

Reactions: vanuck and Dab

likash

Apr 17, 2019
I'm sure he can guilt Aquaman into pardoning his fat ass with a mixture of begs, pleads, and something about how hard it's been on his family, because he's an incompetent oaf getting paid millions of dollars to do a job with ZERO accountability.
There is a thing i don't understand . Why do people want us to make the playoffs and play like this?It is clear that the team is not well built. Best case scenario we get stomped in round 2. Only a masochist would like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dab

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
There is a thing i don't understand . Why do people want us to make the playoffs and play like this?It is clear that the team is not well build. Best case scenario we get stomped in round 2. Only a masochist would like it.

Because "in playoffs anything can happen".
:facepalm:

I kinda threw up a bit in my mouth when I said it out loud, goodness...

Reactions: Dab and vanuck

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
The message today: “we’re gonna wait”

The message after the deadline: “I ran out of time”.

Can’t make this shit up.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I don't get this,maybe the hockey gods hate us.

We don't have Pettersson.
We continue to get out shot.

Yet we have by far the best record in march in our division. It's like screw you Canuck fans, I'm going to make you guys good enough to not even draft in the top 10 but you guys also won't see any playoff hockey.

Reactions: I am toxic

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Two games against a team they have to overtake to make the playoffs... and they gain zero ground.

Trust the process... the results are coming.

Reactions: vanuck

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Getting a loser point was not ideal, but better than 2. Need to string together some big L's here.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Two games against a team they have to overtake to make the playoffs... and they gain zero ground.

Trust the process... the results are coming.
This.

We lost games in February that we should have won. Now the pendulum swings back.

I called a win streak coming up a few weeks ago, we were better than our 3rd last in the league record. I hoped it'd be after the trade deadline but what can you do.

If this fools Benning into being a buyer and we miss the playoffs, it just seals his fate even further.

Reactions: I am toxic

December5th

Feb 5, 2021
victoria
i miss the days of sedins dominating with puck possession and being in the other teams zone all game. this is some boring hockey step it up canucks

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
We're hanging around just enough that our idiot gm wants to wait and see. Now Pearson is out long term, how long until Sutter blows up his groin again?

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
We're hanging around just enough that our idiot gm wants to wait and see. Now Pearson is out long term, how long until Sutter blows up his groin again?
f***, this pisses me off so much. The fat bastard needs to be gone by the end of the year, regardless of results. He has had way too many years to fix this mess but all he has made is an even bigger mess.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Benning never wanted to dispose of any assets for futures. Even when we had like a 3% chance at the playoffs, at his infamous press conference he made that abundantly clear by referencing that he couldn’t get help quick enough because of quarantining. When asked about trading players at the deadline, he basically said that he would take calls, but seemed to imply he wasn’t actively shopping players.

This is all consistent with the fact that when rumours of Pearson being traded first emerged, it seemed to be leaked that Benning was actually trying to re-sign him.

As has been the case for years, Benning isn’t concerned with the future, he is living day to day trying to win each hockey game and have the best record he can have even if that’s detrimental to the future. Because yes worried about his job.

Reactions: Luckylarry

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Playing against Montreal, 3 points out of 4 sounds good on paper. A step in the right direction?

Montreal is 4th in division, holding up the last playoff spot.

Montreal also just got 3 points out of 4 in the exact same series we did. A complete wash.

Montreal has 4 games in hand of us. Calgary, 2 pts back of us, has 3 games in hand.

The only way this team makes the playoffs is if they go on an absolute tear far beyond our great month of March record. We're on an 8-2-1 streak and we've barely gone up the standings.

The playoffs are a pipe dream, a facade that management desperately wants to point to as a sign of improvement. We have 21 games left. Someone else can do the math, but we probably need 15 wins in those 21 games to make it.

As a fan, you gotta hope, but the realist in me says try again next year.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
f***, this pisses me off so much. The fat bastard needs to be gone by the end of the year, regardless of results. He has had way too many years to fix this mess but all he has made is an even bigger mess.

Agreed he needs to be gone, should have been over 5 years ago, but no "fat" comments please.

Edit: Unless it's a reference to Austin Powers, I'm all over that

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
At this point, it would be considered a "win" if Benning doesn't re-sign Sutter and Pearson to long term contracts with NMC. I've given up hope on actually trading them for value.

Reactions: vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia