20-21 Season Tank Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
MOD WARNING:

This Tank Thread will remain open for the time being, but a few ground rules.

1) Tank Posts are restricted to this thread. The GDTs still exist for the enjoyment of fans looking to cheer their team on. If you are posting in advocacy of the tank or cheering for the Canucks to lose, this is thread to do it. Doing so in a GDT will result in threadbans and/or warnings being issued.

2) Conversely, this thread is reserved for those in favour of the Tank. Any fans cheering on the team's victory who decide to troll this thread if the team does well at any point will also find threadbans and/or warnings being issued.

3) Those in the pro-tank camp are absolutely not allowed to use this thread to ridicule those who are not. The Site Rules still apply - specific or blanket insults will not be tolerated.

This is going to be very experimental. Tank Threads in the past have proven to be a lot of work for the local moderating team, which is why there has been extreme reluctance to allow one. If the above rules cannot be/willnot be abided by, this will be shut down.

For anyone not familiar with the full Site Rules including Flaming and Trolling, please see here: Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League .

Can't remember when was the last time I made an actual thread but, I think...
tenor.gif

source.gif

Benning and Weisbrod need to be fired, and both would need a restraining order that would bar them from approaching anywhere within 100 km of the team.

Green has been called out, I tried my best to give him the benefit of the doubt but him providing AR an undeserving sanctuary after last night's game is not acceptable. I wouldn't straight up say fire him (mostly because it will likely give Benning more time), but if we did, I wouldn't mind it.

Aquaman needs a heavy dose of reality.

EDIT: as some pointed out, this might not be a bad year to tank, as we only need to suffer 50 something games of misery instead of 82. I don't know how the prospect pool looks, quite frankly I don't care because us getting top 3 pick is like praying for a pink dragon for a free nickel. This is about getting Benning's fat ass out of town, and pull Aquaman back to our dimension.

EDIT2: as the mod's message said, let's keep this tight and clean, else we won't have a tank to drive anymore.

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I"m on the tank, but that means considerably more to me than a good first round draft pick.

Management should now be trying aggressively to unload as many of the older vets as they can, along with some of the younger players that don't look like they have a future on a contender.

My list, in rough order of importance, but for different reasons: Myers, Miller, Pearson, .
Sutter, Holtby, Virtanen, Gaudette, Benn, Eriksson, Rousell, Beagle, Baertschi.

The goal should be to get at least one (part of the return for Miller) but ideally two (a return from a creative packaging of assets like Gaudette and other picks, perhaps) more pick in the upcoming first round, a few more picks in the bottom rounds, and cap space to use to take advantage of teams facing difficulties heading into the expansion draft.

Anyway, I shall continue to cheer for three point games on the out-of-town scoreboard. Go Senators!

Reactions: vanuck

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
This had better stay open.

Season is a write-off. Take the Ottawa wins away and we have the worst record in the NHL. The departed players were so much more important than management thought. The room is clearly not right at the moment.

Go for Luke Hughes this year, and your defence is set for a decade plus. Even if he's gone, there are some quality dmen available in the top 5. Offensively it is a very thin year, but we are mostly good on that front.

Reactions: Lemmiwinks

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I could actually see this being the year we finish third last in the league but Seattle gets our position in the lottery and wins the lottery to get first overall lol

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
This gonna be shutdown cause the other side will be crying about it soon.

I don't think so. Even on 650, during the game, they were referring to this as a "lost season." When I heard that I thought I'd open a tank thread today, but the OP beat me to it.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It's time for a change. 7 years on the job and we're still here making tank threads. Bring in someone new with an actual long term vision and start clearing as much dead weight and ufas as possible.

It doesn't even have to be a full scale teardown, someone with any kind of eye for pro scouting should be able to bring in pieces to supplement our stars.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Extreme Tankist alert:

I am of the opinion that every year might as well be a full tank year until such time a team has the quality of players to make a run for the championship.

In terms of when you can gauge this, I was taken by a report, a few years ago, that NHL Nintendo could simulate a season and come up with the eventual cup winner and the predictions were basically accurate for several years running. So technically all the Nucks need to do in order to decide to end the tank, is enter their roster with the other rosters and run the simulations.

In other news, the canucks are likely at least 6 decent forwards and 2-3 decent defensemen from ever winning in the simulation let alone the Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: theguardianII

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I am of the opinion that every years might as well be a full tank until such time a team has the quality of players to make a run for the championship.

I terms of when you can gauge this, I was taken by a report, a few years ago, that NHL Nintendo could simulate a season and come up with the eventual cup winner and the predictions were basically accurate for several years running. So technically all the Nucks need to do in order to decide to end the tank, is enter their roster with the other rosters and run the simulations.

In other news, the canucks are likely at least 6 decent forwards and 2-3 decent defensemen from ever winning in the simulation.
And, thanks to Benning, add a goalie to that list of needs.

Reactions: Izzy Goodenough

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This gonna be shutdown cause the other side will be crying about it soon.
The thing is there really shouldn’t be a “side” in this. All Canuck fans (I’m thinking) just want us to be a team good enough to compete for Cups. The process for teams to get to that level almost always requires top five draft picks. Getting those picks requires losing, which (of course) sucks as a fan to watch. But losing is more accepted if there is a clear plan in place to build (through these top picks) a very good team. hence we need to Tank, but darned if I didn’t wish it was planned, and not done by mismanagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad