GDT: 2 Yutes: Blue Jackets @ Devils, 12:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
For those you who wants Hynes fired, who is replacing him? Some interim guy till the end of the year, then what, what's the point? Sure it's easy to fire the coach instead of dumping the whole roster (I'd jettison half of them if I could lol), it it just to shake things up? I Also keep hearing about the "system", what system are we using and what system should we implement?

We have a garbage defense, garbage goaltending and besides the top line plus a few others it's more useless garbage up front. The roster is an abomination, there's tons of holes at every position, it's amazing they made the playoffs last year. What changed since last year when some were taking about Hynes being in the discussion for coach of the year? The addition of Kowalski?

We've seen total regression of our goaltenders, Cory carried us till around now last year, Keith picked it up during that crazy run at the end but neither can by a win now. Zacha still blows, Wood is a complete no show, JQ is worthless as well as Noesen and our entire group of defenseman. We're a one line team plus Coleman and possibly Zajac, Not one player has stepped up and seized their opportunity (Seney honorable mention). Adding to that we have a combination of old, slow, small and incompetent defensemen plus poor goaltenders and this is what you get.

This

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Our team defensive system and d-zone coverage has regressed much more than our goaltending. Our goalies have now been below average but our team defensive play is close to the worst in the league. We would need a Gibson like goalie to be a bubble team.

It’s pretty obvious when watching these games that we are being severely outcoached. Teams are aware of our crap positioning and perform high risk passes with unusual success rates. The first two goal today were perfect examples. Watching Columbus in the defensive zone was a clinic on proper coverage. This is coachable. It’s not some talent skill thing. The lineup changes have falling flat. The fact that we are still starting drew f***ing Stafford is an abomination.

Also changing the coach sends a message to the players that losing this much is no longer an option. No one is safe when this team underperforms.

Reactions: NJ07102

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Really is a win-win. If he sucks, better draft pick; if he regains form, all of a sudden an NJ bounceback is a reality next year

Nah you can't really count on Cory at this point when the chips are down. Playing well in junktime is different than when there's pressure on. At best we can pump up his value for a quasi-trade.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Nah you can't really count on Cory at this point when the chips are down. Playing well in junktime is different than when there's pressure on. At best we can pump up his value for a quasi-trade.
He hasn't been right for two years because of injuries. From all reports from people who have had this surgery, it takes a year or two to fully recover from this. Now, I'm 90% sure he's totally finished, but at this point, it's either gotta be Blackwood or Schneider to end the year. We know what Kinkaid is.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Cory hasn’t had a win win in a full calendar year. But I agree that he should get a serious look when he returns

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Cory hasn’t had a win win in a full calendar year. But I agree that he should get a serious look when he returns
The counter-argument is that it's not fair to the team to essentially say "we're punting some games". I think a fair resolution to Cory and the team would be telling him he's getting 8-10 games in a row. If he doesn't show the ability to be playable then he has to get bought out in the offseason.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Even though I didn't miss anything, how did Jesper look?

Not one mention of him today.

Did he play?

Without looking at the boxscore, I don't think he played enough. But more importantly he shouldn't be with Seney and JQ, they looked terrible together. At least Zacha is a big body and can help create some space for Bratt, Seney's not doing that and JQ is just kind of there.

Reactions: glenwo2

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
dont bother... cory will always be the victim and kinkaid the villain to some people here

No, it's more that some people get tired of the constant piling on from certain posters. We don't need constant reminders about how many days it's been since Cory last won or what his stats over the last 100 games are. We're all Devils fans. We're well aware of how bad he's been.

And Kinkaid is a career backup whose been pressed into starting duty, so I don't know why anybody would paint him as a "villain". In fact I don't really see much of that. If anything I see more Cory being painted as a "villain" as if he's purposely sucking or losing games.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
His goalies do suck to be fair.

There is way more to this than people truly give credit to. all teams give up tons of good chances.. devils don't finish well enough...but most winning teams have elite goaltending.. couple our tenders with our below average defense and you got yourself a last place team...

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
blackwood should have gotten the start hynes needs to catch lightning in a bottle.. kinky has been just ok this but not even.. he is still a below average goalie..

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
The counter-argument is that it's not fair to the team to essentially say "we're punting some games". I think a fair resolution to Cory and the team would be telling him he's getting 8-10 games in a row. If he doesn't show the ability to be playable then he has to get bought out in the offseason.
why can't they send him to binghamton ? he would have to clear waivers or something ?

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
it is certainly time to tweak this team. on shero's part. hynes won't be fired and he shouldn't be. the team needs to add size. thats why maroon was brought in so they already knew it was a need last season. we didn't get maroon back and didn't really have a replacement for his him ....assets we have are younger faster undersized skill guys.

we also need a defenseman but i just don't think there is a trade market for a good top four dman i think its just gonna be pray that smith is the real deal. .. butcher has some trade value but has also looked pretty good so not sure moving him just doesn't make another hole.. i think moving BLJ and A. Greene at the deadline would be wise,.santini's boots are too heavy to be anything more than a serviceable bottom pairing guy. he is just a young version of lovejoy... he makes nice simply accurate passes out of the zone..but he labors a bit when pinned in... he is not a problem but clearly not any long term solution to back end

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
why can't they send him to binghamton ? he would have to clear waivers or something ?

He would clear waivers with his contract, that’s not the issue. They just don’t want to embarrass him even more if they can avoid it. Plus I don’t think long term his issue gets fixed there. He’s gotta win at the NHL level to get confidence back.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I left in the second intermission after booing them off tbh. What's the point...I'd rather go home to watch the second half of the Jets game rather than stick with a game that was 100% a sure loser after that 5-on-2.5 failed.

you're a glutton for punishment lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad