GDT: 2 Yutes: Blue Jackets @ Devils, 12:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
He thinks, or at least is publically claiming that Hynes will develop into a good coach.

He might not actually believe it and this is lip service until he gets canned at the end of the season. We don’t really know.

They might just be rolling with the idea that since we can’t get anyone better during the season we might as well keep him until the end of the year.

I would fire him now, but others have also argued that firing him now would be pointless.

I’m hoping it’s lip service, and it very well may be. What makes me nervous is his allegiance to Bylsma back in Pittsburgh, but this is a completely different situation. I hope it is handled accordingly.

I just wish we somehow had an answer. If we knew Hynes would be fired at the end of the year, I wouldn’t mind riding out the season with him. I don’t think there is anything to be gained from compounding the disaster and bringing in some milquetoast interim coach. He would likely come from within, too, which is frightening.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I’m hoping it’s lip service, and it very well may be. What makes me nervous is his allegiance to Bylsma back in Pittsburgh, but this is a completely different situation. I hope it is handled accordingly.

I just wish we somehow had an answer. If we knew Hynes would be fired at the end of the year, I wouldn’t mind riding out the season with him. I don’t think there is anything to be gained from compounding the disaster and bringing in some milquetoast interim coach. He would likely come from within, too, which is frightening.

We will never know that answer though. We won’t know until it happens. I hope it does, but Ray also might just blame himself for not bringing in any new big pieces. So many things can happen between then and now.

One big difference between Pitt and here is Dan won a cup, where as Hynes as won squat. I would be very surprised if Shero gives Hynes that same loyalty, while getting so much less back then he got from Disco Dan.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
The worst thing that can possibly happen with this is Cory hits a hot streak, finishes the season with an .895%-900% save percentage because he had a strong 25 games and then it winds up fooling management into thinking he's not that bad. And then we'll have to read ''Cory isn't bad! He's back! He was a .920% goalie over the last 25 games! He only finished with an .895% because of how bad he was the first 9 games! Everybody needs to eat crow on him NOW!'' because those random stretches are always cherrypicked and dissected around here, and looked at as being more indicative of what a player is, rather than the last 100 games.

I think the chances of Cory even being healthy enough to play 25 games for the remainder of the season is very low, let alone at a .920% level, but I could almost see this happening and it causes management to not move on.
I'd have to disagree. If Cory by some miracle has that kind of success to finish the season, and passes the eye test, e.g. very few softies, then they would be wise to at least not buy him out.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Just looking at the boxscore we out shot them 39-20. Was this one of those games we outplayed the opposition and lost or was the shot count mostly score effects?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Eagles game took precedence over this (and I literally didnt miss anything given the 0 goal performance), but I notice Kinky got pulled. Does that mean most of the goals were on him rather than the defense?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just looking at the boxscore we out shot them 39-20. Was this one of those games we outplayed the opposition and lost or was the shot count mostly score effects?

I didnt see the game, and yet I can answer this.

The shot count was deceiving, because many Devils shots were either perimeter attempts or wrist shots into the bread basket. You can copy/past this explanation for 75% of Devils games this year.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Score effects and generally not great quality shots. I mean, I think LJ led in sog from the sights of it. I can't even bother to look at the team stats atm, was just another shit show.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah they really didn't get any sustained offensive pressure at all until just before the ugly third goal, and that ill-fated 5-on-3 at the end of the second period. I didn't see the third period but clearly anything there was score-related.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Sadly I'm already in "check the score before deciding whether to watch the game" mode, so I'll probably skip this one since it sounds like more of the same.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
The D wasn’t good, but we know if Cory gave up 3 goals on 11 shots this place would be in an uproar over it.
Who cares? Keith is a career backup who carried this team for a stretch and now is playing exactly like who he always was...a backup. Cory was supposed to be the starter making $6 million dollars and now is playing at ECHL level for crying out loud. There’s no equivalency there so fans have every right to bitch at him more than Keith.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Who cares? Keith is a career backup who carried this team for a stretch and now is playing exactly like who he always was...a backup. Cory was supposed to be the starter making $6 million dollars and now is playing at ECHL level for crying out loud. There’s no equivalency there so fans have every right to ***** at him more than Keith.

dont bother... cory will always be the victim and kinkaid the villain to some people here

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
For those you who wants Hynes fired, who is replacing him? Some interim guy till the end of the year, then what, what's the point? Sure it's easy to fire the coach instead of dumping the whole roster (I'd jettison half of them if I could lol), it it just to shake things up? I Also keep hearing about the "system", what system are we using and what system should we implement?

We have a garbage defense, garbage goaltending and besides the top line plus a few others it's more useless garbage up front. The roster is an abomination, there's tons of holes at every position, it's amazing they made the playoffs last year. What changed since last year when some were taking about Hynes being in the discussion for coach of the year? The addition of Kowalski?

We've seen total regression of our goaltenders, Cory carried us till around now last year, Keith picked it up during that crazy run at the end but neither can by a win now. Zacha still blows, Wood is a complete no show, JQ is worthless as well as Noesen and our entire group of defenseman. We're a one line team plus Coleman and possibly Zajac, Not one player has stepped up and seized their opportunity (Seney honorable mention). Adding to that we have a combination of old, slow, small and incompetent defensemen plus poor goaltenders and this is what you get.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Might as well just play Cory when he's back. It will just show how done he really is so we can move on from him.
Really is a win-win. If he sucks, better draft pick; if he regains form, all of a sudden an NJ bounceback is a reality next year

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
For those you who wants Hynes fired, who is replacing him? Some interim guy till the end of the year, then what, what's the point? Sure it's easy to fire the coach instead of dumping the whole roster (I'd jettison half of them if I could lol), it it just to shake things up? I Also keep hearing about the "system", what system are we using and what system should we implement?

We have a garbage defense, garbage goaltending and besides the top line plus a few others it's more useless garbage up front. The roster is an abomination, there's tons of holes at every position, it's amazing they made the playoffs last year. What changed since last year when some were taking about Hynes being in the discussion for coach of the year? The addition of Kowalski?

We've seen total regression of our goaltenders, Cory carried us till around now last year, Keith picked it up during that crazy run at the end but neither can by a win now. Zacha still blows, Wood is a complete no show, JQ is worthless as well as Noesen and our entire group of defenseman. We're a one line team plus Coleman and possibly Zajac, Not one player has stepped up and seized their opportunity (Seney honorable mention). Adding to that we have a combination of old, slow, small and incompetent defensemen plus poor goaltenders and this is what you get.

tenor.gif

spot on

Reactions: JK3 and Darkauron

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hynes isn't helping but this result is not solely on his creation

Most of the blame can be pinned on these individuals

DC, Lou, Ray, HarrisBlitzer, Hynes, Cory

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
We're 12 points out of a wild card spot with the maximum of 7 teams ahead of us. We're not making the playoffs, it aint happening and Hynes will most likely be here till the end of the season. Time for everyone to get their shitting pants on, ride it out, sell everything that isn't nailed down at the deadline and see what can be done in the offseason.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The D wasn’t good, but we know if Cory gave up 3 goals on 11 shots this place would be in an uproar over it.

The crowd certainly held Keith just as accountable as Cory, for better and worse :P

We're 12 points out of a wild card spot with the maximum of 7 teams ahead of us. We're not making the playoffs, it aint happening and Hynes will most likely be here till the end of the season. Time for everyone to get their ****ting pants on, ride it out, sell everything that isn't nailed down at the deadline and see what can be done in the offseason.

Your avatar is one of the few handful of good things to come out of this season :laugh:

Reactions: JK3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig