Post-Game Talk: #2 - Rangers @ CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
e

So if you're the GM you spend 60 million on offense and give Hank 6 Del Zotto's?

And expect the same goals against?

Being able to move the puck doesn't mean every defenseman has to be Yandle, Karlsson, or Subban.

Hjalmarsson is great at moving the puck. So is Tanev, Stralman, blah blah blah. It's not a skill exclusive to offensive defenseman anymore.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Yeah there is, my point is you can't use goals against as a barometer for defensemen when you have a modern Hasek in goal. Especially now, when moving the puck is more important to defense than probably ever.

Patrick Roy's GAA ranges from 1.94 - 3.35

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Honestly wouldn't be surprised to finish Top-10 in goals against even with 6 Del Zotto's.

Neat.

Best part is, we get to find out with Talbot.

I'm guessing he'll have a better GAA with us than he will with EDM.

But, time will tell.

If it's worse though I'm sure other factors will be in play.

Like the weather in EDM :shakehead

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
There is room for improvement, as cup window agreed with you...

Girardi is really sandbagging mcdonagh... It's horrible, because mcdonagh really has to play the job of 1.5 defensemen because girardi is in over his head as a #1 RHD at this point...

Signing ehrhoff would have done wonders for this club... But I suppose for now we will have to wait and see. Girardi may need to get back in the swing of things, but unfortunately this doesn't look like anything we haven't seen before. Girardi is getting older, and declining fast

Aside from a couple of fantastic plays from McDonagh, Girardi was the better player on their pairing tonight.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Do you have any other players that aren't Henrik Lundqvist to bring up?

Kinda hard to stare at one scenario and come up with a statement as general as "goalies define a teams GAA."

Sometimes, you need to look at more than 1 sample.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Put a league average goalie in goal for us these past two games, and we are 0-2. Hank was very good in Chicago and above average tonight. He is paid to be our best player, and he has played like our best player.

We need to tighten it up. Sometimes I wonder if AV system makes our guys over think their passes. Dan Boyle needs to stop skating in circles 10 feet from our goal. A few times tonight he had the puck, skate behind the net, and let CBJ get a change and get in on the forecheck. Very frustrating.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Honestly, i'm not sure.

He's almost 40 years old, and we saw MSL completely fall off the planet. Nonetheless, i'd like for AV to rest him against CBJ tomorrow considering he was so overmatched.

I mean I don't think the concerns are unfair per se, he really has looked bad. But I think what we just saw with MSL might be spooking us a tad bit?

Aside from a couple of fantastic plays from McDonagh, Girardi was the better player on their pairing tonight.

How so?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Why am I not surprised that people are trashing Girardi? He was great tonight. Staal was better, still looked goofy out there at times.

That was insane. I thought for sure that we lost a point on a ****ing DOG penalty, but Lindzky, bro. What a beast.

Oh, and that was a huge chokejob by Bobrovsky, jeez. Goals 2 and 3 were horrible.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Why am I not surprised that people are trashing Girardi? He was great tonight. Staal was better, still looked goofy out there at times.

That was insane. I thought for sure that we lost a point on a ****ing DOG penalty, but Lindzky, bro. What a beast.

Oh, and that was a huge chokejob by Bobrovsky, jeez. Goals 2 and 3 were horrible.
I can't believe that's a penalty.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Shot attempts were 10-2 at the 11:00 mark, 30-27 after.

Kreider laid Wennberg out at 10:29.

That put an end to the circus.

But we need Glass in the lineup to respond.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Shot attempts were 10-2 at the 11:00 mark, 30-27 after.

Kreider laid Wennberg out at 10:29.

That put an end to the circus.

But we need Glass in the lineup to respond.

With this being Columbus' first game of the season, I think its more likely that they came out juiced and then leveled off than Kreider's hit having anything to do with shifting the momentum.

I have no problems with what he did though and wouldn't have an issue even if he did get called for a minor as he should have been. If the other team is going to run around like idiots, thats how you respond.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
With this being Columbus' first game of the season, I think its more likely that they came out juiced and then leveled off than Kreider's hit having anything to do with shifting the momentum.

I have no problems with what he did though and wouldn't have an issue even if he did get called for a minor as he should have been. If the other team is going to run around like idiots, thats how you respond.

I don't know if it had any effect on the game either, it's just numbers I noticed:laugh:

But either way I loved it. I think people on here get this misconception that I don't care about or don't understand the physical aspect of the game. I do, it's just that I think we're just fine there.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
The guys on the JAcket feed sounded like someone had died every time Rangers scored, hilarious :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille