Post-Game Talk: #2 - Rangers @ CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Holy **** with this Corsi **** and War of Ice garbage. WATCH The the game for yourself. We got outplayed at times but WE WON. THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.

I really LOL at people who put time and effort into that crap. This isn't baseball.

Stanley Cup Final Game 7: Whoever has the higher corsi wins the game.

You didn't hear about the new rule the CBA just put in?

Last edited by a moderator:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Holy **** with this Corsi **** and War of Ice garbage. WATCH The the game for yourself. We got outplayed at times but WE WON. THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.

I really LOL at people who put time and effort into that crap. This isn't baseball.

Really wish that **** would stay out the the GDT and get stuck in those threads.

I watch every game and corsi matches my eye-test 90% of the time.

Corsi says we got outplayed at times tonight, but we won. That's exactly what you said. I don't see the issue here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

We got outplayed at times and outplayed CBJ at times.

Thought it was pretty typical for an October game. Teams not in sync. Strange things happening. I thought they looked better than Wednesday, which is all you can ask.

Also, once again this team proves that, in spite of their own lack of physicality, they're just impossible to intimidate.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
No, didn't you hear? He had a bad preseason game and 2 bad regular season games, in the first two games of the season with the majority of the team looking a bit off and not executing. That means he's finished and over. :laugh::laugh:

Ras I noticed in the GDT you said how Fast is a bad penalty killer because of how passive he is, it's something I agree with. He has great positioning but he hesitates too much and never pressures the points and always sags off a bit. It's something that made Hagelin such an elite penalty killer, he used his speed whenever there was an opportunity to pressure the man high with the puck as well as to get into lanes. I think they should show Fast tape of Hags pking because he's quick enough to at least play the pk in the same style as Hags.

That he's 40 and takes 3 and a half minutes to skate to the penalty box after a trip?

Yeah, we heard.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I watch every game and corsi matches my eye-test 90% of the time.

Corsi says we got outplayed tonight, but we won. That's exactly what you said. I don't see the issue here.

But i don't need some stupid system to tell me that. And if that system said we got outplayed then doesn't that mean we should have lost? We didn't. The system failed. But my eyes didnt because I saw we won.

BTW what did the system say about Staal? Because he played a hell of a game? Did it say he sucked?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Stanley Cup Final Game 7: Whoever has the higher corsi wins the game.

You didn't hear about the new rule the CBA just put in?

You gotta get out more

I honestly am no corsi expert but lets say you're a dman who plays against the opponents top line night in night out wouldn't you naturally have a worse corsi if say lets you went up against an opponents 3rd or 4th line?

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
But i don't need some stupid system to tell me that. And if that system said we got outplayed then doesn't that mean we should have lost? We didn't. The system failed. But my eyes didnt because I saw we won.

Not at all. There's a reason we pay Hank so much-- the team can get outplayed and win because we have the best goalie of his generation.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
I honestly am no corsi expert but lets say you're a dman who plays against the opponents top line night in night out wouldn't you naturally have a worse corsi if say lets you went up against an opponents 3rd or 4th line?

yes. because you are facing better hockey players.

something people fail to realize.

put boyle against the first line for 25 minutes and find out how much you love his corsi.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Corsi never says a team should win or lose. All it says is which team had the puck more.

It's not a "system," it's just the shot attempts taken during the game.

Saying we shouldn't talk about it is like saying we can't talk about goals or assists or shots on goal.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Corsi never says a team should win or lose. All it says is which team had the puck more.

Who cares who had the puck more? It matters who scores more, or did the NHL change their rules?

BTW what did the system say about Staal? Because he played a hell of a game? Did it say he sucked? (asked again cause i edited my last post before I think you saw)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Don't really see the issue about discussing analytics after the game. It's literally just tracking shot attempts for and against at even strength. Tonight was a fluky game where no team was generating a lot of scoring chances, unlike the Chicago game where we exposed them a lot across the seam in front of Crawford.

AV is gonn have to tweak something for tomorrow because Columbus is going to be flying tomorrow to make up for that horrible final five minutes. We did not manage their forecheck well at all.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Legitimate 1st pairing defensemen are positive corsi players regardless of their competition. That's what makes them 1st pairing defensemen.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Who cares who had the puck more? It matters who scores more, or did the NHL change their rules?

BTW what did the system say about Staal? Because he played a hell of a game? Did it say he sucked? (asked again cause i edited my last post before I think you saw)

Goals are rare events and cannot indicate the flow of the game accurately. Corsi gives us an insight to talk about the flow of the game to better discern what the team is doing well and not doing so well.

Yeah we scored more goals tonight and we won. That's a basic fact and not conducive to much discussion.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015

Saying we shouldn't talk about it is like saying we can't talk about goals or assists or shots on goal.

I'd rather have 3 shots on goal from the slot than 75 from center ice.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Our defense still confuses me. They played a better "AV system" game against Chicago by limiting scoring chances and keeping most shot attempts to the perimeter, but were horrendous possession wise. Tonight, they were all over the place and scrambling to maintain their man assignments, but had better possession. Idk man ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How do you guys think they'll look tomorrow night? Do you think McIlrath or Etem gets a game?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'd rather have 3 shots on goal from the slot than 75 from the blue line

Yes but the data we have shows that total shot attempts = quality over large sample sizes. In other words, you can't keep teams to the outside over large sample sizes. That's just a statistical fact. I have a graph if you'd like to see it.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Analyzing shot attempts for/against for one game is so diculous, it's ridiculous.

JT Miller has 3 assists - this will likely continue! 150 apples!!!

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Our defense still confuses me. They played a better "AV system" game against Chicago by limiting scoring chances and keeping most shot attempts to the perimeter, but were horrendous possession wise. Tonight, they were all over the place and scrambling to maintain their man assignments, but had better possession. Idk man ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How do you guys think they'll look tomorrow night? Do you think McIlrath or Etem gets a game?

They play 82 games a year. To say every game will be similar is kind of absurd.

Hoping McIlrath replaces Boyle. He should really take a trip to visit his grandkids anyways

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
We are.

The Rangers got outplayed but had a n admirable performance by Henke, and some well-timed goals by 3 good players.

Ok. I actually don't think the Rangers got outplayed at all. At times, sure. But there were plenty of times where the Rangers were controlling the pace of the play, even when the Jackets had control of the puck more often. And even when the Jackets were trying to push the pace with their physical play, the Rangers were still maintaining their calm, which meant CBJ was only so successful in what they were trying to do.

There's still a lot of work to do, but this was a fairly textbook AV road game in my mind.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ok. I actually don't think the Rangers got outplayed at all. At times, sure. But there were plenty of times where the Rangers were controlling the pace of the play, even when the Jackets had control of the puck more often. And even when the Jackets were trying to push the pace with their physical play, the Rangers were still maintaining their calm, which meant CBJ was only so successful in what they were trying to do.

There's still a lot of work to do, but this was a fairly textbook AV road game in my mind.

I agree after the first 10 minutes. CBJ were fired up for the opener and got out on fire.

Final 50 minutes of this game were dead even.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

BTW what did the system say about Staal? Because he played a hell of a game? Did it say he sucked?

No dude... Have you ever tried studying for a test, did a **** job, and still passed? Don't BS me, I know you have..

It's the same ****ing thing. You can do the wrong thing and still have desirable results... You can also do all the right things and have an undesirable result... It goes both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad