Post-Game Talk: #2 - Rangers @ CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Haven't seen a replay of it but I'll take your word for it.
Yup, it was kicked out by a CBJ player.

To look at the bright side, we could still go 82 - 0 :D (ref your comment in the GDT, hehe).

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Thought CBJ controlled this one, but we didn't let it get out of hand. What a trolljob.

Yeah.

A few things:

-Darn the ice was awful. Dos CBJ do this on purpose?? It really helped them.

-CBJ took it to us, but I don't agree with Hank being a obvious star of the game. We blocked a ton of shots and really took away a lot of ice and time in front of him. Think Hanks game last night was one aspect of a team job.

-I like JTs player. Think he is dangerous offensively when he is out there, missed that part when he was recovering/seemed a little shell shocked for a while.

-Yandle was behind a lot of the offense we created. He was OTOH one D that also was pressured a lot by their forecheck.

-Stoll has been OK. Nice to see.

-Not an easy game for Boyle, but he needs to step up.

-Love Lindbergs start. He is a tiny bit walking a fine line with some errant passes, he will overcome that with time and just getting to feel the tempo in the NHL for a while, but even if he will overcome it it's good that he isn't giving any games away etc which would give him a negative experience.

-Fast is pretty quite. Will he be scratched? Remember that he is one of our top PKers.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Quiet is not a bad thing for a 4th liner. He needs to start showing some more on the offensive side of the puck, but like you said, he is one of the team's top PKers.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Quiet is not a bad thing for a 4th liner. He needs to start showing some more on the offensive side of the puck, but like you said, he is one of the team's top PKers.

I wasn't happy with Fast's play last night. He didn't handle the puck well.

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
Yeah.

-Darn the ice was awful. Dos CBJ do this on purpose?? It really helped them.

-CBJ took it to us, but I don't agree with Hank being a obvious star of the game. We blocked a ton of shots and really took away a lot of ice and time in front of him. Think Hanks game last night was one aspect of a team job.

-I like JTs player. Think he is dangerous offensively when he is out there, missed that part when he was recovering/seemed a little shell shocked for a while.

-Yandle was behind a lot of the offense we created. He was OTOH one D that also was pressured a lot by their forecheck.

-Stoll has been OK. Nice to see.

-Not an easy game for Boyle, but he needs to step up.

-Love Lindbergs start. He is a tiny bit walking a fine line with some errant passes, he will overcome that with time and just getting to feel the tempo in the NHL for a while, but even if he will overcome it it's good that he isn't giving any games away etc which would give him a negative experience.

-Fast is pretty quite. Will he be scratched? Remember that he is one of our top PKers.

I was thinking the same thing. It seemed like the ice improved over the first period as the night went on. Puck was def moving better in the 2nd. That crappy ice killed us in the first.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I wasn't happy with Fast's play last night. He didn't handle the puck well.

I thought he was very solid. In the first two games he has done what is expected of him. Strong defense and moving the puck out of the D-zone. That play in the final seconds of the Chicago game was great.

Vickers8

Raise your hand if you thought after 57 minutes we would have 4 goals. Hank outplayed Bob. One unsung hero is Stalberg's insane speed size combo, he is a great backchecker.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Raise your hand if you thought after 57 minutes we would have 4 goals
Who in their right mind would have thought that, hehe :)

When CBJ took the lead with less than 4 minutes to go, i was sure they'd turtle, clog the neutral zone, etc.. as zone entry is not exactly a particular Rangers strength, and with much of the offense looking very rusty to boot (or just "off"), i was sure it was all over. Then something... magical happened :)

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
The Kreider thread, on the main board, cracks me up. Do Montreal fans have a Kreider signal that they flock to?

Vickers8

Who in their right mind would have thought that, hehe :)

When CBJ took the lead with less than 4 minutes to go, i was sure they'd turtle, clog the neutral zone, etc.. as zone entry is not exactly a particular Rangers strength, and with much of the offense looking very rusty to boot (or just "off"), i was sure it was all over. Then something... magical happened :)

VS reminds me of Benoit Pouliot

Vickers8

Have to laugh when a team that throws the body all game, complains that every check against should be a penalty...****

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
The Kreider thread, on the main board, cracks me up. Do Montreal fans have a Kreider signal that they flock to?

What did he do this time? I say if he's pissing off the other team, he's doing his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad