News Article: 2-hour show of Under Review with HFNYR's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
saving this for the morning so I have something to look forward to at work...but one of my favorite parts of the past episodes is hearing @Amazing Kreiderman pronounce 2019 draft prospect names correctly and I have to pause it and pull up the list of top rated prospects to try to figure out who he is talking about cause I was saying it so wrong in my head that I wasn't sure it was the same guy lol

This happens so often and it's a harsh reality, lolol!!

Reactions: Leetch3

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Yeah who needs a PPG forward in his prime. Definitely not us.

I don’t want him either, lmao.

But there have been interesting arguments why we should. At the end of the day, I trust Gorts and the direction he’s taking this team.

If he signs him... Ugh.. I’ll accept it. The guy might know a little more about hockey and building a team than me.

Keyword: Might

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
@GregSirico @Amazing Kreiderman @Edge

Great listen!! I love diving into these things for my own pleasure along with the pleasure of discussion with others. It's great time to be a Rangers fan!!

I thought the topics were beautifully orchestrated along with bounce back questions and rebuttals to keep the topic moving. The immense knowledge you all have was invigorating and left me wanting more!! Big fan of the podcast now!! You guys really have something here!! Would love to share my own insight if given the opportunity!!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Some random thoughts after listening:

1) Curious to hear that the Rangers’ preference is always going to be 25-40-65 players over 30-20-50. As a general rule, I absolutely agree (especially when the delta in total points is that high)... but at some point you’ve GOT to add some shoot-first types, no?

2) Surprised you didn’t discuss the possibility of dealing ADA over Pionk, especially if the market interest is significantly higher in the former. Would’ve loved to hear more on that, since I think it’s a possibility — despite Greg’s obvious desire to boot the latter. :)

3) Given the predictions at the end, especially in conjunction with the earlier discussion of Panarin, would’ve loved to hear why @Edge doesn’t think he’ll wind up a Ranger.

4) Likewise, given the predictions, would’ve loved more on Trouba, since that’s an area where he seemed more sanguine.

5) Shocked that Steven didn’t ask about the choice of username or avatar!

6) When @Edge was talking about the 2nd player the Rangers pick being controversial, I saw KREBS in bright, neon letters. :)

7) Surprised there was no discussion of Seider...

We didn’t want to make it feel too inside baseball with the HF stuff.

As for the first item, It will be interesting to see how their approach evolves (or doesn’t) as we move forward.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Good job everyone! Edge killed it.

I def agree with your view on the 2nd first rounder. Actually think the club is destined to move up with a trade. Maybe 3 or 4 spots by trading one of the seconds... And then select someone that makes everyone scratch their heads. We could have had "x" but grabbed so and so instead.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
And I was worried it would be too long

They want the LOTR style extended cut.

I will say one thing, no matter how much time passes, I never get tired of having a hockey conversation with people who want to dive deeper.

Steven and Greg know their stuff, so it makes for a very easy conversation. At one point, I thought we were done, so we’re just shooting through a bunch of different topics and the language definitely went up a rating. But that’s what makes it fun, you treat it like we’ve got a table to ourselves and a tab running.

Last edited:

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
@Edge

Loved the podcast. Is it safe to say both of the jerseys the Rangers will bring to the draft for 2nd overall are Hughes and Kakko? Just trying to get rid of any anxiety I have over this. Lol :P

Reactions: GregSirico

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
@Edge

Loved the podcast. Is it safe to say both of the jerseys the Rangers will bring to the draft for 2nd overall are Hughes and Kakko? Just trying to get rid of any anxiety I have over this. Lol :P
Didn't you listen to the bonus material? Edge says he thinks it's 50/50 they go with Krebs at 2.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
They want the LOTR style extended cut.

I will say one thing, no matter how much time passes, I never get tired or having a hockey conversation with people who want to dive deeper.

Steven and Greg know their stuff, so it makes for a very easy conversation. At one point, I thought we were done, so we’re just shooting through a bunch of different topics and the language definitely went up a rating. But that’s what makes it fun, you treat it like we’ve got a table to ourselves and a tab running.

The Extended Cut is available only for people who have shared the podcast with at least 50 friends.

Reactions: GregSirico

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
@Edge

Had a fun conversation about jerseys, not sure if it ended to in the final cut.

Long story short, I can remember the team transporting two boxes with about 50 jerseys in each box to the drafts. Essentially the jerseys would represent the top 100 guys they had on their list.

You know how weird it is to see a Rangers Jeff Heerema jersey, or a Hamhuis jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad