News Article: 2-hour show of Under Review with HFNYR's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
First interview of this kind that I’ve ever done.

I’ve done many interviews for clients over the years, but this was the first time I’ve actually just gone over my history and relationships. It took a little while to get comfortable, but then it become a typical conversation at a bar.

Didn’t realize it was Greg as well. Got about half way through before I realized that.

A lot of fun. We talked for almost four hours.

Fantastic job by both you and @Amazing Kreiderman (Steve). The amount of knowledgeable content is almost overwhelming. Like I said in a different post, everyone here needs to listen, because you essentially blow up many of the arguments here about the nature of this rebuild with actual insight.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Fantastic job by both you and @Amazing Kreiderman (Steve). The amount of knowledgeable content is almost overwhelming. Like I said in a different post, everyone here needs to listen, because you essentially blow up many of the arguments here about the nature of this rebuild with actual insight.

Thanks. It was a lot of fun and I am happy Edge decided to join us for this one. Discussing the state of the organization and going into depth gives us something other than just draft talk which is what most of the conversations are about this time of year

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
First interview of this kind that I’ve ever done.

I’ve done many interviews for clients over the years, but this was the first time I’ve actually just gone over my history and relationships. It took a little while to get comfortable, but then it become a typical conversation at a bar.

Didn’t realize it was Greg as well. Got about half way through before I realized that.

A lot of fun. We talked for almost four hours.

Glad you got the opportunity to do it.

Thank you, Steven and Greg for taking the time to put it together!

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Thanks. It was a lot of fun and I am happy Edge decided to join us for this one. Discussing the state of the organization and going into depth gives us something other than just draft talk which is what most of the conversations are about this time of year

You handled the whole interview very skillfully. You allowed Greg to jumpstart to the conversation, but added very good questions as the interview moved along. This hands down is the most informative interview concerning the Rangers I have ever heard in my long years as a Ranger fan. This was as much as any informed Ranger fan could want from this type of interview.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You handled the whole interview very skillfully. You allowed Greg to jumpstart to the conversation, but added very good questions as the interview moved along. This hands down is the most informative interview concerning the Rangers I have ever heard in more long years as a Ranger fan. This was as much as any informed Ranger fan could want from this type of interview.

Thanks. It's not always easy to sit back and let it develop but in this case I felt it was the right thing to do. Like I said, with 3 people it's difficult to sense when to inject yourself into the conversation so just letting it play is the better choice at times.

I'm very happy with the way it turned out

Yeah. It was a lot of fun. I feel like I could’ve done a mini series.

Well, I love to do a follow up after the draft

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Really enjoyable about an hour in
little much on HFD being disconnected culturally but thats super minor

Disappointed @Edge hasn't been asked what the f*** they were thinking drafting Lee Falardeau in 2002. THAT one I want answers for.

Reactions: Leetch3

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Really, really good show guys! I would have liked to hear more demonstrative #hottakez but I think that has more to do with the way I consume entertainment than anything you did wrong
Edge is in PR iirc and one thing I've noticed with both them and lawyers is even in casual conversation they tend to be careful with their language.

Even if it'd be so much spicier to hear 5 minutes on ripping Vigneault.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Edge is in PR iirc and one thing I've noticed with both them and lawyers is even in casual conversation they tend to be careful with their language.

That combined with my tendency to always look for the middle ground might make it a bit "bland" if people are looking for shocking and entertaining content. Working in a management position myself, I have learned to look at things from both sides. It's why I am always the first to defend AV when people blame him for everything that has gone wrong recently :laugh:

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
This was great!
Thanks for putting this together guys. This is awesome.

@Edge your voice sounds extremely similar to Scott Disick, if no ones ever said that before

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Really enjoyable about an hour in
little much on HFD being disconnected culturally but thats super minor

Disappointed @Edge hasn't been asked what the **** they were thinking drafting Lee Falardeau in 2002. THAT one I want answers for.

That’s what two decades of doing this will get ya.

I’m by nature not necessarily a hot take person, but there are certainly subjects we could have fun with.

As for past drafts, we tried to keep it somewhat modern or talk about how things compare.

Plenty of fun stories about the old drafts and stuff if it ever comes up.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This was great!
Thanks for putting this together guys. This is awesome.

@Edge your voice sounds extremely similar to Scott Disick, if no ones ever said that before

Lol, I had to Google who he was. No, I’ve never gotten that one before.

I am getting over being sick so I was a little concerned my voice wouldn’t hold up.

Reactions: Griffinbw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad