News Article: 2-hour show of Under Review with HFNYR's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
****ing fantastic! Now when I’m reading Edge’s posts I’ll hear be hearing his voice.

Great stuff @Amazing Kreiderman + @Edge.

We did it via Skype and the photo I have on there is from more than a year ago. My hair was short. I was glad we didn’t do video, it’s almost to my shoulders and I’ve got a van dyke for the facial hair.

But yes, the goal is to ensure you hear the disdain from my voice in the posts.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Mods: I hope this is allowed, since it's well-respected HFNYR member Edge who appeared on our podcast today and I feel a lot of people will enjoy this. If a separate thread isn't allowed, please merge it with the Roster Building thread.

Today we had a very special guest on the Under Review podcast. Special thanks go out to @NYR Viper for suggesting this and of course to @Edge for agreeing to join us. We discuss the way the Rangers organization has changed over the years, how to fix the situation in Hartford with the Wolf Pack and we dive into the off-season with some potential moves.

I've got no issues with it. You guys do great stuff. The more we can do to promote it, the better.

You should do a series with posters of HF and have a few people on over the course of the year.

I should add a disclaimer - this isn't to say that anyone can just start promoting their own content on our board. Steven and Greg are well known and extremely well respected members of HF. They are not only great to converse with but the quality of their posts are a tremendous asset to our board.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I've got no issues with it. You guys do great stuff. The more we can do to promote it, the better.

You should do a series with posters of HF and have a few people on over the course of the year.

That's great to hear. Every year there's talk about starting a HFNYR podcast and it never really came to fruition. Now I have my own and this is the first time a fellow HFNYR member joined us. So far, it seems to have been a good decision

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I haven’t even listened to it (yet, I’m saving it for work tomorrow) and I figured it would be a high water mark in Rangers podcasting. Really glad to hear that that seems to be the case, excited to listen tomorrow

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
We did it via Skype and the photo I have on there is from more than a year ago. My hair was short. I was glad we didn’t do video, it’s almost to my shoulders and I’ve got a van dyke for the facial hair.

But yes, the goal is to ensure you hear the disdain from my voice in the posts.
I just heard it:laugh:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Plz have SA16 being RangerBoy on your podcast.
"Three years is not a long time. July. August. September. October. November. December. January. February. March. April. May. June. July. August. September. October. November. December. January. February. March. April. May. June. July. August. September. October. November. December. January. February. March. April. May. June. "

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
"Three years is not a long time. July. August. September. October. November. December. January. February. March. April. May. June. July. August. September. October. November. December. January. February. March. April. May. June. July. August. September. October. November. December. January. February. March. April. May. June. "
I'll settle for a cover of "You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor through the voice modulator

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

giphy.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
An hour and 18 minutes in and I cut off because the battery was getting too low. Probably finish the rest tomorrow.

I always kind of envisioned Panarin as a replacement for Kreider--Kreider hopefully getting us a Hayes + return. So we end up with a better than Kreider player plus a big return for Kreider and maybe spend $4 mil more signing Panarin than re-signing Kreider. Part of that question though is Panarin. I like AK's comments on the Hartford team--that our AHL team needs to be all in on its Rangers identity. Davidson's been talking about helping out Hartford and I remember the teams we use to have in Binghamton--they were always competitive. We had great prospects but be also had some great vets like Don Biggs and Craig Duncanson. Those vets can make a big difference towards helping a team develop its prospects.

I also like Edge talking about the Rangers being okay with the team being more successful and especially if guys like Andersson, Chytil and Howden step up and show more. That's the way it has to be--you want these kids to show they're making progress and I think we got the right coaching staff that will push them into improving.

On getting another top 10 draft pick--wouldn't be surprised if a Kreider got us into the mid-teens but I have doubts that we're going to get into the top ten--I think the cost will become too prohibitive.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Will be listening tomorrow on my long drive back but I’m excited to give it a listen. I can’t tell if it’s to reaffirm what Edge’s voice sounds like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad