News Article: 2-hour show of Under Review with HFNYR's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Some random thoughts after listening:

1) Curious to hear that the Rangers’ preference is always going to be 25-40-65 players over 30-20-50. As a general rule, I absolutely agree (especially when the delta in total points is that high)... but at some point you’ve GOT to add some shoot-first types, no?

2) Surprised you didn’t discuss the possibility of dealing ADA over Pionk, especially if the market interest is significantly higher in the former. Would’ve loved to hear more on that, since I think it’s a possibility — despite Greg’s obvious desire to boot the latter. :)

3) Given the predictions at the end, especially in conjunction with the earlier discussion of Panarin, would’ve loved to hear why @Edge doesn’t think he’ll wind up a Ranger.

4) Likewise, given the predictions, would’ve loved more on Trouba, since that’s an area where he seemed more sanguine.

5) Shocked that Steven didn’t ask about the choice of username or avatar!

6) When @Edge was talking about the 2nd player the Rangers pick being controversial, I saw KREBS in bright, neon letters. :)

7) Surprised there was no discussion of Seider...

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com

1) Curious to hear that the Rangers’ preference is always going to be 25-40-65 players over 30-20-50. As a general rule, I absolutely agree (especially when the delta in total points is that high)... but at some point you’ve GOT to add some shoot-first types, no?

2) Surprised you didn’t discuss the possibility of dealing ADA over Pionk, especially if the market interest is significantly higher in the former. Would’ve loved to hear more on that, since I think it’s a possibility — despite Greg’s obvious desire to boot the latter. :)

3) Given the predictions at the end, especially in conjunction with the earlier discussion of Panarin, would’ve loved to hear why @Edge doesn’t think he’ll wind up a Ranger.

4) Likewise, given the predictions, would’ve loved more on Trouba, since that’s an area where he seemed more sanguine.

6) When @Edge was talking about the 2nd player the Rangers pick being controversial, I saw KREBS in bright, neon letters. :)

I would trade Pionk for a case of beer and some fresh mozzarella pizza.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

How long did you want them to record for?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
My favorite part is you mispronouncing ‘Panarin’ like I do sometimes.

saving this for the morning so I have something to look forward to at work...but one of my favorite parts of the past episodes is hearing @Amazing Kreiderman pronounce 2019 draft prospect names correctly and I have to pause it and pull up the list of top rated prospects to try to figure out who he is talking about cause I was saying it so wrong in my head that I wasn't sure it was the same guy lol

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I've got no issues with it. You guys do great stuff. The more we can do to promote it, the better.

You should do a series with posters of HF and have a few people on over the course of the year.

I should add a disclaimer - this isn't to say that anyone can just start promoting their own content on our board. Steven and Greg are well known and extremely well respected members of HF. They are not only great to converse with but the quality of their posts are a tremendous asset to our board.
I'm down with that.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
saving this for the morning so I have something to look forward to at work...but one of my favorite parts of the past episodes is hearing @Amazing Kreiderman pronounce 2019 draft prospect names correctly and I have to pause it and pull up the list of top rated prospects to try to figure out who he is talking about cause I was saying it so wrong in my head that I wasn't sure it was the same guy lol
I personally hate it and am pretending I never heard him say Grewe.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I personally hate it and am pretending I never heard him say Grewe.

Gru.jpg

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
My favorite part is you mispronouncing ‘Panarin’ like I do sometimes.

When he was first coming up, it was originally pounded into some of us that Pana-rin. And kind of like an old accent, there are moments I go with the default programming.

Reminds me of the great Tjutin, Tyutin, Turin debates when putting together materials back in the day, and the debate on inflection.

You guys will love it if the Rangers take Kakko and Dorofyev. The latter is not nearly a phonetic as your mind wants to pronounce them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad